Originally Posted by Celicasaur
You're the official (and unlucky) 211 expert for annoying problems. You remind me of a great guy over at newcelica.org. Unlucky with his car, but his misery gave everybody else so much knowledge and insight into the car and how to remedy so many issues.
I'm going to be changing my BCM...my entire electrical system is almost overhauled with new parts, lol. I guess it'll be better for me in the long run.
Out of curiosity, what part number variant of the BCM did you install? Did it end in 38 45 or 86 45 ?
The part # of the BCM I used is A 211 540 86 45 boughts from parts com
After all of this my patience ran out. I SOLD THE 2003 E500. This is my story and I am sticking to it.
I bought the car for my wife expecting a nice car good reliability. The car was a nice car up to the lot where I sold it. The list below does not include 4 sets of tires for cupping/alignment/caster bolts. It does not include belts 3 sets of brake pads or rotors. On a 1 to 10 scale for reliability I would rate this car a 1 being lowest of any car I owned. IF the car had NO SBC brakes or air suspension it would have been more reliable. I felt after owning and maintaining for 10 yrs I felt that MB sold me a bill of goods on reliability on this car. IT totally failed my expectations based on the number of times I was away from home, had to tow or find a repair shop in a small town and the high cost to maintain. The local dealer however was excellend probably because they had so much practice.
I bought a New Chrysler 300C 5.7 hemi great car. No SBC NO air supsension,, just very smooth and power. If IT doesn't turn our reliable I can buy another and still will have spent less than my E500. IT is truly unfortunate that MB sold me this car as I had planned a S550 for the future but I will probably never buy another MB.
Bought car 2/14/2004 Drove out of show room.
Sold 1/2013 @ 129000 miles. All service was done using MB parts following FSS
• Cigarette lighter did not work could now power accessories
• Ignition key in dash replaced
• Door locks failed driver door
• How water flow valve Failed away from home drove cold 800 miles
• Blower motor
• Ball joints
• Rear air springs total replacement
• Airmatic compressor
• Rear airmatic shocks L and R
• Front air struts L and R Flat bed towed in
• Starter towed in Failed away from home
• Tilt steering wheel failed full up
• Power steering Failed away from home 1200 miles
• Battey control module
• Air conditioner Failed away from home drove 300 miles no AC 98 F heat
• SBC brake failure towed in
• Flex disc
• Arm rest center blistered up
• 6 headlights … they are on 100% of the time for driving no turn off option.
I really want to thank those on this site for the help along the way. Had it not been for the help and photos owning for 10 yrs would have been way more expensive and difficult. I wish each of you still drivng a MB the very best and happy driving. Hopefully you will gain from what MB learned on producing my E500. Vettdvr...........