E-Class (W211) 2003-2009
Old 06-10-2015, 02:43 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Exterior Guides
Print Wikipost

Windshield Washer Nozzle Replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 08:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350 Sport
Windshield Washer Nozzle Replacement

Could anyone by chance tell me the part number for the Windshield Washer Nozzle - driver/passenger side for a 2006 E350 (211). One side is fine - the other just dribbles out - the washer pump is good, I switched the assemblies to try and rule out the "plumbing" - the good module worked in both sides so I can assume it's not in the line. I tried using the needle/nail to "adjust" the nozzle, but it did not have any effect. My last "service" attempt will be to soak the module in a light vinegar/water solution to see if it's crystallized washer fluid.
I have the STAR service CD, but even thought the part is referred to as "windshield washer nozzle" throughout, the parts section/search will only return information about the pump?? I checked a couple of sites on-line, including Autohaus.AZ, and cannot find ANY parts in any category referred to as windshield washer nozzle?! I swung by a local dealer this afternoon and he immediately used my VIN and "windshield washer nozzle" to find the part?! Here's the best part - he didn't have it in stock and said that it would be 2-3 weeks - when I asked for the part number he wouldn't give it to me "because he knew I would just go on-line and buy it!?!

Any help is appreciated!
Old 10-08-2011, 12:51 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,146 Posts
'71 Pinto
2118601147 to comparison shop bmwmercedesparts.com $29.40, getmercedesparts.com $30.75
Old 10-08-2011, 10:42 PM

E350 Sport
Thank You! I ordered the parts this evening! Just out of curiosity, would you have any idea why I couldn't find it in My STAR service CD?!

I don't post that often, but I really appreciate your time and often exhaustive detail of your posts/replies - invaluable. Thanks Again!

TL
Old 10-09-2011, 12:06 AM
Out Of Control!!

'71 Pinto
MB parts catalog (EPC)
https://mbworld.org/forums/2518219-post1.html
Old 02-21-2013, 08:02 PM

2003 Mercedes-Benz S500, 2002 Acura MDX Touring
Hi,
Any chance you could tell me where I could find the windshield sprayer nozzle for my w220 ? 2003 s500. The nozzle works but it also leaks at the bottom where the tube goes into the nozzle. (The center one) Apparently it looks like I might have to replace it. My diagnosis. Maybe I could fix it ? Any suggestions? Please help as my reservoir empties pretty fast.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:10 PM

E350 Sport
Windshield Washer Nozzel

I ended up using the advice that was given by Konigstiger in conjunction with Google.

If you don't already utilize the EPC /Startek parts database for your car you should absolutely register - the first year is free and subsequent years are like $15 or something. I registered, typed in my VIN, and found the part# in one of the sub categories. Once I had the part number i looked at the couple of suggestions for on-line retailers that were offered and I googled some others. You can even just plug the part number into any search engine field and you will get dozens of hits! I compared the on-line ones I found to my local dealer $30/$50.

My washer assembly was barely working - i verified my hoses and connections and once i changed I was good to go. It took me about 30 minutes. BUT, if you are confident that you have a leak either from the the small plastic piece that connects the hose to the washer assembly or from the hose to the plastic piece, you might want to focus on the hosing/ connection first. I assume the other washer is in working order, and if so, you might try switching them to see if you get the same result from a working washer and vice/versa!?!?
Old 02-23-2013, 08:01 PM

2003 Mercedes-Benz S500, 2002 Acura MDX Touring
Thank you

Hi Tlee,

Appreciate you taking the time to provide the info on EPC and I think it is a great idea. I will check out the sprayers as mentioned in your suggestion and take it from there.

Appreciate it man.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:25 AM

2006 E320 CDI
This is weird. I have replace 2 nozzles on my car already. I'm ordering the 3rd. I've done all the items to try to clean the sprayer: 1-stuck needles, wires, etc, 2- soaked it in vinegar 3- soaked it in carb cleaner 4- blew it out with compressed air and none have resulted in anything.

I am not sure what else to do. Everytime I replace the nozzle it works like new but then within a 6 months or so it will clog. I am NOT using MB washer fluid though. I am not sure how that will help.

Any suggestions?
Old 08-27-2013, 09:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Originally Posted by bubbachong
This is weird. I have replace 2 nozzles on my car already. I'm ordering the 3rd. I've done all the items to try to clean the sprayer: 1-stuck needles, wires, etc, 2- soaked it in vinegar 3- soaked it in carb cleaner 4- blew it out with compressed air and none have resulted in anything.

I am not sure what else to do. Everytime I replace the nozzle it works like new but then within a 6 months or so it will clog. I am NOT using MB washer fluid though. I am not sure how that will help.

Any suggestions?
I have NEVER since my 2004 was new used MB Washer fluid. Any washer fluid will do, but some of them need to be diluted to rinse/dry better (don't dilute in freezing weather areas, I am in S. FL... washer fluid available for sale here doesn't protect against freezing anyway)

If you are using tap water, your water or your plumbing probably has particulate matter in suspension in the water which will clog small orefices.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:52 AM

2007 E200K Elegance
Originally Posted by bubbachong

Any suggestions?
My car had a partially blocked nozzle and tried to open it without success. I replaced it with a genuine Merc part bought online. BTW, Merc Australia quoted $160 for a new part. Online from the USA it was less than $50, including postage. The new one works perfectly. The washer bottle was also leaking and I removed it to fit a new "lid". There was algae growth in the bottle and I think this is what blocked the nozzle. I'd think there's a filter before the pump but it is conceivable that algae or bacteria could grow in the hose. According to the washer fluid I now use, it is anti-bacterial and contains an algaecide. I now know why
Old 05-13-2015, 12:24 AM

2007 Mercedes E-350 4-Matic
Windshield Wiper Washer Nozzles Removal w211 (2007 E-350 4Matic) ?

I am having tough time taking out windshield wiper washer nozzles from under the hood on my w211 (2007 E-350 4Matic). Couldn't find much help on youtube, only one video that said that washer nozzles should just pop-up pressing inside clips:

Does anyone know how to unclamp these clips and take these nozzles out on a w211 ?. I am afraid that I will break these clips or outside plastic housing.
I already took out wire connectors and hoses, it's just washer nozzles that's giving me a tough time and if I can take these out I should be able to install the new nozzles.

Will appreciate any help.
Thanks,
-Irfan Qayyum
W211 2007 E-350 4Matic w/ 64,000 miles
Old 05-13-2015, 03:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts
2009 E550 2000 Honda civic mash n' go
What clips.... Clips is pretty vague... snap a pic!
Old 05-20-2015, 02:24 AM

2007 Mercedes E-350 4-Matic
Removing washer nozzles on w211

Originally Posted by cmriv
What clips.... Clips is pretty vague... snap a pic!
Had a tough time taking pictures of washer nozzles from my car.
Fortunately I found a DIY on "Removing washer nozzles in w211" with picture of nozzle marked as no. 1) and ventilation grill as no. 7). See attached PDF.

Unfortunately, I still couldn't manage to get nozzles out from my car even after following these instructions :

"Unclip left or right windshield washer nozzle 1) from ventilation grill 7) "

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Windshield washer nozzle.pdf (73.7 KB, 868 views)
Old 05-20-2015, 04:30 PM
SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 61 Posts
Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, BMW, MINI and more!
Not sure how helpful this tech article will be, but check it out here and see if it might be more helpful than what you've already found.

-Luccia
Old 04-15-2018, 06:43 PM

Received 93 Likes on 69 Posts
2007 E63 Amg
Hello everyone,
I am having the same problem with clogged nozzle. Soaking it in a vinegar didn't help, unfortunately, and I ordered a new part Thanks Konigstiger for the part number.

As I was separating the L shaped plastic from the nozzle I broke a piece of it. Although it still sits tight, it now squirts all over the place. Is there a part number for that plastic? I don't want to buy the whole new hose. If it is not sold separately, do you have any suggestions as to what else I could use?
Old 04-15-2018, 07:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 660 Likes on 477 Posts
2013 ML350 Bluetec
Epoxy, applied with care and allowed to cure without disturbance. File to fit. You could even put a core tube inside the existing tube for structural integrity.
Old 04-15-2018, 09:37 PM

2007 E63 Amg
Originally Posted by rapidoxidation
Epoxy, applied with care and allowed to cure without disturbance. File to fit. You could even put a core tube inside the existing tube for structural integrity.
If my understanding is correct epoxy glues plastic to plastic. I am missing that small piece that I broke. Would you explain how do you think I could use epoxy here?
Old 04-15-2018, 09:46 PM

Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts
2012 E350 4Matic
You might be able to rebuild the missing part using an epoxy that has some filler in it, like JB-Weld. They make an epoxy specifically for plastic and advertise that it can be sanded and filed.
Old 04-15-2018, 10:32 PM

2007 E63 Amg
Originally Posted by Andre91
You might be able to rebuild the missing part using an epoxy that has some filler in it, like JB-Weld. They make an epoxy specifically for plastic and advertise that it can be sanded and filed.
I have JB weld at home. Will try that, thanks. If that doesn’t work, 3d pencil printer is the plan B, lol.
Old 04-16-2018, 11:01 AM
Out Of Control!!

'71 Pinto
Not sold separately, hose part # 2118600092 – try shopping used i.e.: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/263594238...909&rmvSB=true about $22 + shipping if available to U.S.
Old 04-24-2018, 05:29 PM

2007 E63 Amg
Used JB weld to rebuild that cracked plastic. Not happy with JB weld as I thought it was going to be a hard plastic when dried. Instead it is like a hard rubber - somewhat soft. There was a little liquid dripping from the side of the plastic when connected to the nozzle, so wrapped some duct tape around it and assembled before it all broke completely. I think it is sitting for now, but if I have to replace the nozzle again, that JB weld rebuild is going to come off.

An unrelated questions guys: I noticed that plastic ventilation on the hood where nozzles sit on is behind the drainage. So any rain coming through it kinda gets on the engine bay or plastics that don't have drain holes on them. Where does that water go in?
Old 06-13-2019, 02:38 AM

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
2005 E320
I have a somewhat related question. Is there a a way to upgrade these nozzles to the fan-pattern spray type? The 4 individual streams don't do nearly as good a job as the fan-pattern sprayers I've had on other vehicles. I saw someone here had something in his sig about that upgrade but I never could find anymore information about it.