Go Back   MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans > E-Class (W211)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Sponsored by : Autohaus AZ
Click Here

Welcome to MBWorld.org!
Welcome to MBWorld,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-04-2012, 09:42 AM   #1

Drives: 2003 e500 sport
check engine and misfires

I'm getting an intermittent idle stumble, as well as missing when driving. When the issue happens the check engine light blinks, and then stays lit.

I've pulled the codes and each of the times (3) it shows misfire for cylinders 5 & 6. Do they share any components or connectors? I haven't really dug into it yet and will pull the sparkplugs tonight to see if there are any differences.

I'm hoping they share a coil or something that I can easily replace without having to go to the stealership.
To remove this ad, register today or login if you already are registered!

Current:

2003 e500, upgraded to navigation and euro dvd large screen
pcar928sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 02:50 PM   #2

Drives: 2003 e500 sport
Hmmm 178 views and no responses.... interesting.

Current:

2003 e500, upgraded to navigation and euro dvd large screen
pcar928sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:14 AM   #3
MBWorld Fanatic!

Drives: 03 E500 and Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcar928sg View Post
I'm getting an intermittent idle stumble, as well as missing when driving. When the issue happens the check engine light blinks, and then stays lit.

I've pulled the codes and each of the times (3) it shows misfire for cylinders 5 & 6. Do they share any components or connectors? I haven't really dug into it yet and will pull the sparkplugs tonight to see if there are any differences.

I'm hoping they share a coil or something that I can easily replace without having to go to the stealership.
Consider moving coil 5 and 6 to 3 and 4. Then run the engine see if the problem moves. If it does it is probably the coil.

If it doesn't move change the plugs. If this doesn't clear the miss you may have a bad head gasked if 5&6 are twin cylinders. I dont' remember the exact cylinder positions.
vettdvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:42 AM   #4

Drives: 11 E350 4Matic
I have had mis fires on my 06 e350, each time code reader showed misfire in x cylinder. Knowing that I recently changed all plugs it pretty much eliminated that as being a problem in my case. Both misfires that I had we due to coils going bad.
gdinerio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:06 PM   #5
MBWorld Fanatic!

Drives: 03 E500 and Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdinerio View Post
I have had mis fires on my 06 e350, each time code reader showed misfire in x cylinder. Knowing that I recently changed all plugs it pretty much eliminated that as being a problem in my case. Both misfires that I had we due to coils going bad.
I agree but moving the coil and runing the codes again will prove the coil and not the plug or wire. Could also be the PCM problem. Since coils are $$ I like to prove the part bad before buying when possible.
vettdvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:06 PM

Tags
00, 2003, check, cylinder, e320, e500, engine, flashing, light, mercedes, misfire, misfiring, missfire, multiple, stumbling, w211