E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Reservoir Fail's then SBC Fail's 2 Week later

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 06:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E500
Reservoir Fail's then SBC Fail's 2 Week later

My dad took his 2004 E500 to the dealership about 2 weeks ago because of a brake issue. The warning was reduced braking and such. I figured it was the SBC. They said it was the reservoir and it was not covered under the warranty. We got it fixed for $1500. Then this past few days another warning popped up saying visit brake workshop. We took it in again and now they said the SBC pump failed and its covered under warranty. I'm not sure if they just ripped us off or not?

Would they have replaced the defective reservoir along with the SBC for free? Or were we stuck paying for the reservoir no matter what. If anything they should at least refund us some money because the SBC would already have to be accessed so the labor cost should have been lower.

Any advice?
Old 04-24-2012, 06:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
03 E500 and Corvette
Ah the price of problem solving. Someone has to pay. Not consider if you have a conventional brake system you might have never had to go in for this repair.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E500
Originally Posted by vettdvr
Ah the price of problem solving. Someone has to pay. Not consider if you have a conventional brake system you might have never had to go in for this repair.
Yea this SBC issue has been the final straw for me and really turned me off about Mercedes Benz. The car only has 54k miles on it and two airmatic shocks have blown, SBC and the reservoir have broken, there's an issue with the torque converter, steering wheel motor has broken, passenger side door lock failed... It's really an unacceptable issue for an apparently premium vehicle.