E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Say hello

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2014, 08:40 PM

Received 187 Likes on 120 Posts
SL 400
Say hello

New to this section, but not new to this forum, so I wanted to say hey.

I currently own multiple Mercedes vehicles as many of you do and have now become a member of the W211 My 00 CLK 430 was totaled by a dump truck on the highway earlier this week. (no injuries!) Feel free to visit my "Bye, Bye Baby" thread in the W208 section for before and after pictures of my CLK.

Anyway, this is my new E350 below. As soon as I stepped on the lot it started calling me over to it, and after a review, test drive, and negotiations it was mine. I had spent much time, and effort modding my w208 with wheels, tires suede interior, suspension, slotted rotors, Led lights inside, and out, and more. Knowing me I will be putting my personal touch on the E350 as well.

As you can see it came with chrome wheels already which I love. Many, many guys over 35 love chrome lol. The interior is spotless, and it has all I had in the CLK such as Nav, etc. so it feels similar to my old friend, just updated.

I will probably miss the V8 that I had in the CLK, but the engine seems quite nice, and peppy, and the adjustable suspension settings of comfort, sport, etc add a nice change in the driving behavior or the E.

So it will be a while before I do any modding to this because I am focusing on other projects (non auto) at the moment, but I will for sure...

Move my amp, and subs over to the new car, tint the windows, and also switch all the bulbs over to led, as well as the lights. The car is a good height now, but I will probably drop it an inch or so like the CLK was dropped.

Anyway hey, again and here is a couple of quick pics of my new to me baby.

Cheers.

Last edited by ThatsMyDawg; 08-28-2023 at 03:39 PM.
Old 07-26-2014, 09:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E500
very nice ride. I like those chrome rims.
Old 07-26-2014, 10:11 PM

Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
2009 e550 4Matic
Lovely!
Old 07-28-2014, 02:28 AM

Received 59 Likes on 45 Posts
14 550 sedan
I'd personally go with the original stock wheel design since it looks like you have the amg sports package. Also if you have the 350, you do not have the air suspension which means you do not have an adjustable suspension. The C/S mode only refers to your transmission setting. But nonetheless welcome aboard! She's a beauty. Reminds me of my car.
Old 07-28-2014, 11:33 AM

SL 400
It was a typo, I knew after I later read my post I was not speaking of suspension, but of gear shifting times, etc, etc with the sport settings.

Yes it is the AM package, it reminds me of my CLK. I never go with the plain stock wheel on my cars unless they are chrome. I always want chrome, because that is the type of wheels I like most. As mentioned, the wheels came on the car already, but I am happy they did.

Thanks for the feedback, and welcome.

Originally Posted by LemonSqueezy
I'd personally go with the original stock wheel design since it looks like you have the amg sports package. Also if you have the 350, you do not have the air suspension which means you do not have an adjustable suspension. The C/S mode only refers to your transmission setting. But nonetheless welcome aboard! She's a beauty. Reminds me of my car.
Thanks bud, me too!
Originally Posted by Protector_806
very nice ride. I like those chrome rims.
Originally Posted by rodneypierce
Lovely!
:-)

Last edited by ThatsMyDawg; 07-28-2014 at 11:36 AM.
Old 07-30-2014, 10:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 134 Likes on 124 Posts
W204 C63 AMG, W212 E250 CGI, C207 E250 CGI
I personally dont like the chrome as well but if you're lovin it, thats whats important! car looks really good! goodluck with modding it and post more pics!
Old 08-07-2014, 09:57 PM

SL 400
Thanks!

Originally Posted by beejaypunsalan
I personally dont like the chrome as well but if you're lovin it, thats whats important! car looks really good! goodluck with modding it and post more pics!