E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Streaming Audio (Bluetooth)

Old 10-23-2014, 01:57 AM

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts
2011 GL 550, 2010 MB S550, 2004 BMW 645Cic 1988 Corvette
I wanted to be fancy and picked up the cool breeze. It was $15 so i figured why not. Hooked it up to my ipod connection and pluged the 3.5mm line in to the AUX. I was using a line in to the AUX and was tired of seeing wires.

It sounds fine, but doesn't connect automatically, no steering wheel controls or info on the speedo. But the most annoying thing is that the cool breeze doesn't have any phone call capabilities. Big fail.
Old 10-23-2014, 02:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 W211 E500
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00HKN...&robot_redir=1

I have this... Works great. Quality is great. Pop in cassette put my phone in cup holder and go. No audio issues at all
Old 11-24-2014, 04:10 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1986 190D 5spd
Hello,

I just picked up a W211 E320 CDI (2005) with Command/Logic 7/3.5mm aux in glovebox.

I want to stream music from my galaxy S5 to bluetooth via the aux port.
I have found several cheap BT units that simply plug into the 3.5mm port and good to go. Unfortunately you do need to eventually charge the device AND you have to manually power them up (open glovebox push button...).

I find this as unacceptable as the price of the alternative so I am wondering if simply splicing it into a 12v source (glovebox light perhaps) would work? This way as soon as you turn the ignition the bluetooth will turn on automatically AND you never have to charge it.
All you would do is cut off the end of the charge cable and splice the hot and ground into your 12v source of choice.

One issue is that most of these cheap BT units use USB charging cables which are 5v. I'm not sure if this will be an issue or not, you can still cut the end off and 2 of the 4 wires are what you would use to splice but not sure what happens when you run 5v cord into a 12v source....

Any other suggestions for cheap bluetooth? I suppose opening the glovebox every time isn't that big of an issue....

lastly, links to the best audio quality BT units would be helpful as well.

Thanks.
Old 11-28-2014, 07:03 AM

w211 E550
Hello, I have an HTC M8 and what I use is the HTC Bluetooth dongle and to solve the power issue I just bought an external battery pack and keep it plugged into the dongle. The battery pack turns off automatically when dongle is fully charged. So I just leave the dongle on all the time. It doesn't drain the battery pack much at all. So the only time I have to open my glove box is like every six weeks just to charge it. Clean, no wires and sound is great! Hope this helps, good luck!

Originally Posted by Proctor750
Hello,

I just picked up a W211 E320 CDI (2005) with Command/Logic 7/3.5mm aux in glovebox.

I want to stream music from my galaxy S5 to bluetooth via the aux port.
I have found several cheap BT units that simply plug into the 3.5mm port and good to go. Unfortunately you do need to eventually charge the device AND you have to manually power them up (open glovebox push button...).

I find this as unacceptable as the price of the alternative so I am wondering if simply splicing it into a 12v source (glovebox light perhaps) would work? This way as soon as you turn the ignition the bluetooth will turn on automatically AND you never have to charge it.
All you would do is cut off the end of the charge cable and splice the hot and ground into your 12v source of choice.

One issue is that most of these cheap BT units use USB charging cables which are 5v. I'm not sure if this will be an issue or not, you can still cut the end off and 2 of the 4 wires are what you would use to splice but not sure what happens when you run 5v cord into a 12v source....

Any other suggestions for cheap bluetooth? I suppose opening the glovebox every time isn't that big of an issue....

lastly, links to the best audio quality BT units would be helpful as well.

Thanks.
Old 07-04-2015, 09:16 AM

2007 Mercedes E350
Originally Posted by rhswest
The Tune2Air 30-pin connector I received last week is starting to annoy me already.

Does anyone else who has this unit have any insight?

1. The exchange between Music streaming via Tune2Air and receiving calls via the MB Bluetooth woks. However, I get a recurring 5-second "moment of silence" every few minutes where I can't hear a word the other party on the call is saying. It appears the Tune2Air is trying to take back BT control from the MB BT during this moment of silence.
Seems this is still an issue. I'm thinking I might just switch my iPod cable back to an aux jack, and just run an A2DP Bluetooth receiver with aux output through the aux part of COMAND. Any idea if I would have the same issues running Bluetooth through aux instead of through the iPod interface?
Old 07-05-2015, 06:11 PM

2009 E350 AMG Sport
I ended up buying a Bluetooth transmitter and connecting it to the glove box AUX port. It still interferes with MB Bluetooth, but the transmitter I purchased has a push-button turn off. This means that if I get a call while my music is playing, I push the button on the transmitter to turn it off. This guarantees my phone uses the MB Bluetooth for the call, and there are no conflicts or dropped phone communication.

Admittedly, it’s not an ideal setup. But it works great for me. The trade-off is that I must push the Off button every time I wish to take a phone call. But that’s very easy because the button is right on the cigarette lighter adapter. After the call ends, I push the button again to turn it on. The Transmitter automatically connects to my iPhone.

I’ve been using this for 6 months and am happy with it.

Here’s the transmitter I purchased:
Amazon.com: GOgroove FlexSMART X2 Bluetooth Wireless In-Car FM Transmitter with USB Charging , Music Control and Hands-Free Calling - Works with Apple , Samsung , HTC , LG , Sony & More Smartphones , Tablets , MP3 Players: Car Electronics Amazon.com: GOgroove FlexSMART X2 Bluetooth Wireless In-Car FM Transmitter with USB Charging , Music Control and Hands-Free Calling - Works with Apple , Samsung , HTC , LG , Sony & More Smartphones , Tablets , MP3 Players: Car Electronics
Old 07-06-2015, 04:02 AM

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts
'97 S500 Coupe, 2016 AMG S63 Coupe, 2007 Audi Q7
Here is another option on a different thread
https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...at-s-nest.html
Old 09-30-2015, 12:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
BMW 335i, Mercedes CLS55, Dodge Dakota
Hey The Reids ... how'd the installation go of the mObridge M2ProMOST in your Mercedes? I have a CLS55 that I'm debating installing myself. I'm no wiz at electronics installs but pretty handy, have some stereo installs, splicing, pulling power from 12v sources, etc.. What's up? Did you finally install yourself and what pain did you go through? Your thoughts are appreciated. Thanks
Old 09-30-2015, 05:19 PM

2001 SL500, 2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by LemondoStafford
Hey The Reids ... how'd the installation go of the mObridge M2ProMOST in your Mercedes? I have a CLS55 that I'm debating installing myself. I'm no wiz at electronics installs but pretty handy, have some stereo installs, splicing, pulling power from 12v sources, etc.. What's up? Did you finally install yourself and what pain did you go through? Your thoughts are appreciated. Thanks
I ended up taking the car to an authorized Mobridge installer to have it hooked up, it cost around $300. It worked after the install however I couldn't stream music from my I-phone - from what I could tell they didn't take the DC changer out of the loop. I sold the car not long after the install; the new owner was going to take the car back to get the install corrected.

Overall i was happy with it; I gave some thought to doing the install myself but decided against it.

Hope this helps.
Old 09-30-2015, 07:38 PM

Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts
'13 E350 . M276
There's a guy out of Southern Calif who used to do installations for MB dealers who sells a kit of Mercedes OEM parts to "Bluetooth" your car. When I spoke to him, we talked about my W211. If anyone knows about Mercedes and Bluetooth, it's him. The kit costs around $600. I plan to hook up with him in a couple of months when visiting family in So Cal. His name is Keith and his email is cellguy@live.com