E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Does steering sensor affect airmatic?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2014, 08:50 PM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
'12 528i, '05 E320, '05 Jag XJ8L, '04 CLK500, '03 S600, '92 Jeep Briarwood, '79 Rolls Royce
Does steering sensor affect airmatic?

Today I was replacing the steering wheel from a shredded leather to the black birdseye maple wood/leather wheel when I TOTALLY F*CKED up the steering sensor. I tried to disconnect the main wire rather than the 3 connecting to the airbag itself and I pulled out the wound-about wire-ribbon and broke some clips. About an hour later I re-twirled it back together and everything was dandy. I know I need to replace the sensor because the car is giving me an ESP error, active headlamp error, and cruise control error. My main question is this, does the steering sensor affect airmatic? That's the only thing I did recently to my car and now it is driving choppy. I have no airmatic errors and the car still goes into comfort and sport modes as well as raises and lowers fine, it just feels like the car is not dampening the bumps in the road at all.

Hopefully you magicians can help me out here! Thanks in advance!

Ps, once I replace the sensor--- will everything go back to normal or do I have to re-program the car or worse... take it to the dealer or Indy to strap it to a STARS system??

Thanks again!
Old 09-15-2014, 06:11 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,019 Likes on 947 Posts
1999 E300TD
No and No------however I sure hope you put that mess back together correctly!!