E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

SDS Software Modifications

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2014, 02:12 PM

Received 70 Likes on 35 Posts
Post SDS Software Modifications

Just curious as I'm going in for service soon. Does anyone know if any of the below are settings that a dealer would be able to access and change?

- Enable fuel tank capacity in cluster display
- Enable date and time in cluster display
- Activation “Sunroof closes automatically when it rains”
- Activation of Tire Pressure Loss Warning
- AC-OFF as default setting in auto mode

Thanks!

Last edited by MB_FanAddict; 09-18-2014 at 01:03 AM.
Old 09-15-2014, 02:31 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,052 Likes on 973 Posts
1999 E300TD
Where did you get the litany of control module codings??

What if your MY W211 does not have the systems to be coded differently than designed in your MY?

Most dealers do not have the "developer' capabilities to attempt coding!!

To prevent all the coding screw ups in the past the SCN was established and now mostly all the MY10+flashing and coding is all done online(offline is very rare at a dealer) in conjunction with FDOK!
Old 09-15-2014, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Plutoe
MB Retrofits Software Modifications

There may even be a few more that are not listed, like the Adaptive Brake Light function (starting 06MY).

From searching online, I think only item on my list that the dealer could activate/change without going into
developer mode would be the Tire Pressure Loss Warning system.

Last edited by MB_FanAddict; 09-18-2014 at 01:05 AM.
Old 09-15-2014, 05:43 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,052 Likes on 973 Posts
1999 E300TD
You just do not understand, how do you know that any of your control modules can be coded to any other variation than already coded.What that HS list of all the available variations(coding)--country specific bla bla dosen't tell you is very important for you to learn.

Before you get suckered by that group or any one trying to sell you coding services, you better know what your car is capable of!!
The following users liked this post:
Mackhack (04-22-2017)
Old 09-15-2014, 11:23 PM
Banned

Received 116 Likes on 99 Posts
You just do not understand, how do you know that any of your control modules can be coded to any other variation than already coded.What that HS list of all the available variations(coding)--country specific bla bla dosen't tell you is very important for you to learn.

Before you get suckered by that group or any one trying to sell you coding services, you better know what your car is capable of!!
Plutoe, what I offer is legit and I tell people what can be done and what cannot be done based on their model/model year (MY) and other factors like options installed.
Old 09-15-2014, 11:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MB_FanAddict
Just curious as I'm going in for service soon. Are any of these basic settings that can be changed by a dealer without too much hassle?

- Enable fuel tank capacity in cluster display
- Enable date and time in cluster display
- Activation “Sunroof closes automatically when it rains”
- Activation of Tire Pressure Loss Warning
- AC-OFF as default setting in auto mode

Thanks!
None of them will be done by your dealer. Mainly for 3 reasons:
1. They don't have developer kit access
2. They are not in the business of doing these things (no knowledge)
3. They don't know how it's been done

Dealerships and mechanics are there to keep your car up and running, not modified.
Old 09-15-2014, 11:27 PM
Banned

What if your MY W211 does not have the systems to be coded differently than designed in your MY?

Most dealers do not have the "developer' capabilities to attempt coding!!

To prevent all the coding screw ups in the past the SCN was established and now mostly all the MY10+flashing and coding is all done online(offline is very rare at a dealer) in conjunction with FDOK!
Very true and most f u c k ups are done by people who don't know **** about DAS/Xentry and the car itself.

How many times did people show up asking me to replace control modules and COMAND units after they bricked them out of curiosity or simply b/c they didn't know what they were doing. I tell you: Too many times.

If you would have listened they would have not bought a system and instead let me do it in the first place.
Old 09-18-2014, 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by Mackhack
None of them will be done by your dealer. Mainly for 3 reasons:
1. They don't have developer kit access
2. They are not in the business of doing these things (no knowledge)
3. They don't know how it's been done

Dealerships and mechanics are there to keep your car up and running, not modified.

Mackhack, thanks for getting back to me. However intriguing, it's not worth it to me to spend $500-$1000+
on a system that may or may not work, just to make one time changes to my car. I probably should have
rephrased my question to start off.

Too bad you are not closer. I will PM you later.
Old 04-20-2017, 12:06 AM

Finally bought a system!

Well, I finally bought a Star Diagnostic system and with the help of many threads/posts on this forum (and others),
was able to make most of the setting changes I originally wanted (plus many more)!

The list!

-Adjusted rain/light sensor
-Enabled automatic wiper speed reduction
-Adjusted mpg calculator
-Enabled date/time menu
-Enabled fuel remaining display
-Enabled tire pressure warning system
-Enabled cornering fog lights
-Enabled replacement light function (for headlights)
-Tunnel mode closing feature set to automatic
-ACC A/C now turns off immediately when button is pressed
-ACC Enabled fan speed display in “Auto” mode
-ACC Enabled air pressure relief for door closing
-ACC Enabled transmission shift delay to improve cooling/heating
-ACC Disabled Hot Countries setting
-ACC Reduced electric radiator fans basic setting from 40% to 25%

The new menus/functions are cool, but I'm most pleased with the ACC settings I changed. I'm not sure who was responsible for the final coding (the factory or port),
but the settings were not optimal at all. I discovered hot countries mode was enabled, excessive even for a Florida delivered car if you ask me!

I'd never been happy with the climate controls performance in the summer, blasting hot air as soon as you started the car in "Auto" mode and then having
to keep the set temp at 74F-76F or freeze. I've only had a chance to try the A/C on a mid-70s day, but now 72F is comfortable and the fan speed only
went up to 4-1/2 after the car sat in the sun for a bit. A definite improvement for sure!

The only thing I could not find was the adaptive brake light setting in the rear sam. I was hoping due to my 6/05 build date it would be there.
Oh well, I'm happy with what I've been able to do so far!
Attached Thumbnails SDS Software Modifications-img_0149.jpg   SDS Software Modifications-img_0150.jpg   SDS Software Modifications-img_0151.jpg  

Last edited by MB_FanAddict; 04-20-2017 at 02:19 PM.
Old 04-20-2017, 09:43 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
E240 -2003 E55 AMG -2005
Originally Posted by MB_FanAddict
Well, I finally bought a Star Diagnostic system and with the help of many threads/posts on this forum (and others),
was able to make most of the setting changes I originally wanted (plus many more)!

The list!

-Adjusted rain/light sensor
-Enabled automatic wiper speed reduction
-Adjusted mpg calculator
-Enabled date/time menu
-Enabled fuel remaining display
-Enabled tire pressure warning system
-Enabled cornering fog lights
-Enabled replacement light function (for headlights)
-Tunnel mode closing feature set to automatic
-ACC A/C now turns off immediately when button is pressed
-ACC Enabled fan speed display in “Auto” mode
-ACC Enabled air pressure relief for door closing
-ACC Enabled transmission shift delay to improve cooling/heating
-ACC Disabled Hot Countries setting
-ACC Reduced electric radiator fans basic setting from 40% to 25%

The new menus/functions are cool, but I'm most pleased with the ACC settings I changed. I'm not sure who was responsible for the final coding (the factory or port),
but the settings were not optimal at all. I discovered hot countries mode was enabled, excessive even for a Florida delivered car if you ask me!

I'd never been happy with the climate controls performance in the summer, blasting hot air as soon as you started the car in "Auto" mode and then having
to keep the set temp at 74F-76F or freeze. I've only had a chance to try the A/C on a mid-70s day, but now 72F is comfortable and the fan speed only
went up to 4-1/2 after the car sat in the sun for a bit. A definite improvement for sure!

The only thing I could not find was the adaptive brake light setting in the rear sam. I was hoping due to my 6/05 build date it would be there.
Oh well, I'm happy with what I've been able to do so far!

Out of curiosity where do you set -Enabled automatic wiper speed reduction?
Old 04-20-2017, 11:05 PM

Received 130 Likes on 105 Posts
20' RCF, 18' NX, 09' E350, 07' Solara, 05' STi, 01' Ranger
What exactly does the Hot countries feature do on our cars? I noticed when browsing through DAS that mine is also set to enable/Hot Country.

Thanks,
-Nigel
Old 04-20-2017, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by nivram13
Out of curiosity where do you set -Enabled automatic wiper speed reduction?
Here's the full path:
Dr-side SAM - Control unit adaptations - Read coding and change if necessary - Wiper system.

There is a disclaimer "Not permissible in the USA". I've yet to test it, but I was able to set it to enabled/permitted.

Last edited by MB_FanAddict; 04-21-2017 at 12:52 PM.
Old 04-20-2017, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by NewShockerGuy
What exactly does the Hot countries feature do on our cars? I noticed when browsing through DAS that mine is also set to enable/Hot Country.

Thanks,
-Nigel
It increases the blower speed, adjusts the set temperature downward and activates the condenser/radiator fan sooner with a minimum speed of 40% vs. 25% (coded separately).

Last edited by MB_FanAddict; 04-20-2017 at 11:52 PM.
Old 04-21-2017, 05:59 AM

Awesome thank you! I will have to poke around and see mine now. What exactly did you do when you adjusted the rain/light sensor?

I'm also going to check out the automatic wipe speed.

-Nigel
Old 04-21-2017, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by NewShockerGuy
Awesome thank you! I will have to poke around and see mine now. What exactly did you do when you adjusted the rain/light sensor?

I'm also going to check out the automatic wipe speed.

-Nigel

You're welcome! I performed the parameterization and windshield adaptation and then set the sensor at the default setting "F7"
(Simulation mode shown, actual menus may vary), but you may choose to raise or lower it slightly.

The dealer previously lowered the sensitivity for me and occasionally it would not be sensitive enough.
I'll see how I like the default setting before making further adjustments.
Attached Thumbnails SDS Software Modifications-01.jpg   SDS Software Modifications-02.jpg  

Last edited by MB_FanAddict; 04-23-2017 at 12:33 AM.
Old 04-21-2017, 08:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 Mercedes CLS550
How did you do the fuel remaining
Old 04-21-2017, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by BenzBoyW211
How did you do the fuel remaining
Here it is!

Star Diagnostic How To DIY with lots o pics -
Fuel Remaining

IC Reset:
Ansteuerungen -> Gesamstliste aller Ansteuerungen ->
(Actuations -> Complete index of Actuations ->)

Last edited by MB_FanAddict; 04-21-2017 at 09:20 PM.
Old 04-22-2017, 08:42 PM

Received 43 Likes on 21 Posts
2005 E320 CDI
Good stuff in here, what does Enabled air pressure relief for door closing do?
How would I check to see if the hot climate option is turned on, also is that 40% to 25% option in the same list? Thanks
Definitely going to activate the gas in gallons screen that is nice. My favorite activation right now is the beeping/buzzer when you lock or unlock the vehicle.
Old 04-22-2017, 09:25 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
05 MB E320 CDI
Originally Posted by CDIJeff
How would I check to see if the hot climate option is turned on, also is that 40% to 25% option in the same list? Thanks
Definitely going to activate the gas in gallons screen that is nice. My favorite activation right now is the beeping/buzzer when you lock or unlock the vehicle.
What menu did you find the beeping under for locking and unlocking?
Old 04-22-2017, 10:11 PM

2005 E320 CDI
Originally Posted by steeven001
What menu did you find the beeping under for locking and unlocking?
This is the write-up I used, all pictures the best write-up.
http://blog.mbstartool.com/2016/02/0...-e55-amg-w211/
Old 04-22-2017, 11:49 PM

The air intake flap is opened slightly (if closed), so you don't have to slam the doors to close them.

Under the Alle Codierungen or All Codes ACC menu you can access the complete list of ACC settings. Hot countries settings include (Normal setting in parentheses)
"Hot countries" (off), "Basic setting hot countries" (no temperature drop) and "Electric suction fan" (25%).
CDIJeff (04-23-2017)
Old 04-23-2017, 12:17 AM

2005 E320 CDI
Thanks I will be playing with those setting, need more threads like this all these cool extra features hidden in Xentry.
MB_FanAddict (04-23-2017)
Old 04-24-2017, 12:44 AM

2005 E320 CDI
Your instructions were perfect. I did the opposite I enabled the Hot Climate Option 2 Lower temps. Fan was already set to 40%.
I wanted to enable the fuel gallons left however when I got to the screen it had a bunch of options not sure which one to pick so I just f1 back.
Also with the air pressure relief what percent did you set yours to? It said something about 100% might cause a problem, however for right now I just left it disabled.
Old 04-24-2017, 03:47 AM

Arrow

Your instructions were perfect. I did the opposite I enabled the Hot Climate Option 2 Lower temps. Fan was already set to 40%.
I wanted to enable the fuel gallons left however when I got to the screen it had a bunch of options not sure which one to pick so I just f1 back.
Also with the air pressure relief what percent did you set yours to? It said something about 100% might cause a problem, however for right now I just left it disabled.
Inf & Comm -> Instr. Custer -> Diag. to Plant Spec. -> Control UnitAdapt. -> Variant Coding -> Read Coding and change....

Set TANKINFO in REICHWEITENBILD to ENABLE
Enable Date in the Cluster

Control Units -> Inf. & Comms. -> IC - Instr. cluster -> Diag. to plant spec -> Control unit adapt. -> Control unit adapt. ( Variant coding ) -> Variantkodierung Werkseinstellungen: Set "Datumsanzeige Grundbildebene" to aktiv. (active)

- Then reboot the cluster
Hope that helps, that's what I did to enable both those in the cluster.

-Nigel
Old 04-24-2017, 01:58 PM

It's either enabled or disabled, you must be confusing it with the "recirculated air mode" menu. 100% recirculated air is not recommended in the desert due to the potential for sand to enter the interior.

I found it best to first explore the menus in simulation mode to familiarize myself with them.

Well, I tested the automatic wiper speed reduction setting yesterday. It does work on USA coded cars, under 5 mph the wiper speed switches to the next lowest setting (low speed = intermittent).
Attached Thumbnails SDS Software Modifications-3401.jpg  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SDS Software Modifications