E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Bluetooth Stuck "Connecting Call"

Old 09-23-2014, 05:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E359
Bluetooth Stuck "Connecting Call"

Hello. I hope that someone can help me resolve this issue. I recently purchased a 2011 E350. The bluetooth was working fine until yesterday. I was talking on the phone via BT when I entered a parking garbage and lost connection. I parked and turned the car off. Now the screen says "Connecting Call to Unknown" whenever I turn on BT. The music does not play or anything. I have to turn BT off in order to play the radio. I tried resetting the system, de-authorizing and repairing the phone, and remaining my phone but nothing works. When the "Connecting Call to Unknown" appears, the buttons on the steering wheel that would hang up a call do not work. If soneone calls my phone I can hear the ring through the BT system but unable to answer via BT

Interestingly if I pair my wife's phone (same exact phone) it works fine.

Please help!
Old 09-23-2014, 06:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E359
It's the iPhone 6!

I attempted to hook my iPhone 6 up to my rental car today and got the exact same issue! My conclusion- it's the phone!!!! After doing some research, I found that other owners of the new iPhone 6 were having the same issue. It took my iPhone 6 (4 days old) back to Apple. The tech said that he had never heard of the issue and did not want to swap out my phone. He stated the issue is probably occuring because the phone is new and that the vehicle makers need to update the software. I was not pleased with that response, so he swapped out the phone. When I connected the BT in my rental car it worked like a charm! I will not be home to my MB until Friday so I will keep you posted.