E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Display defective visit wrkshp - Coolant visit workshop ESP Defective visit workshop

Old 09-29-2014, 10:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G550
Display defective visit wrkshp - Coolant visit workshop ESP Defective visit workshop

I have a 2003 E500. Repair after repair for the past 12 months that I have owned the car. Up to $9,000 in repairs for these 12 months.

Newest one!:

Was at a client site, car was in garage for 3 hours, come out, start the car and I get all these warnings:

display defective visit workshop
coolant visit workshop
esp defective visit workshop
stop lamp visit workshop

The RPM Gauge, Speedometer, Fuel Gauge, Engine Temp Gauge bounces up and down. When I accelerated the car did not respond 100%.

I shut the car off - started back up and still had same errors. Drove it about 15 minutes to take to mechanic - temp was normal but still same problems. Also noticed fan was on.

Got to a stoplight right near the mechanic - shut it down until light went back to green. Went to start - would not start.

I did notice about a week ago that when I shut off radio, it stayed on for a few seconds before turning off. Not sure if related.

We have been getting a lot of rain in Florida but I have not been driving in high water.

I read on here and looks like some issues were relate to ECU and SAM.

I have it at the mechanics now - just trying to identify what it is going to be so I am not too shocked once I get the call with diagnosis.

Any ideas?
Old 09-30-2014, 03:56 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E320
Where do you fix it? Regular bodyshop? Those people can only do things like oil and filter change, some suspension component. Not whole a lot of things can be done there. Anything related to computer habe to be done by MB or certified MB shops.
Old 09-30-2014, 04:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 E55
I had a similar problem with my S211 E55K it turned out to be the rear SAM was defective. It will need to be put on Star to diagnose
https://mbworld.org/forums/mercedes-...-w211-e55.html