E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Mercedes 2005 E500

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2014, 01:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E500
Exclamation Mercedes 2005 E500

Im new to this forum stuff but have been reading cause this seems to be the only source to get actual reliable info. Anyways, I have a 2005 E500 that previously had airmatic issues that caused the car to be basically on the ground. While this was happening I drove the car and hit a huge pot hole bent the two passenger wheels and flattened tires. While driving the vehicle with two spare tires to get replaced the engine, abs, lights are on the esp malfunction is displayed in service window and vehicle is I believe in "limp mode" The vehicle also is hard to stear. I bought all new wheels and tires and replaced entire airmatic system. I disconnected the batteries for hours and still same thing the warning lights shut off for a few min after re-connecting batteries and stearing is easier but returns back to messed up state. The car never lets me go any faster than 35 mph and if I try it seems as if there is a rev limiter
Old 10-20-2014, 10:26 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2018 C300 Coupe
Scan the car with an obd2 code reader to see and clear the error codes. Which ones come back? That will at least give you an idea of what needs to be done to correct the problem. Probably worth it to have it scanned with a star system at a good independent mechanic, or MB dealership, to tell you exactly what is wrong. It's all just guesswork without having the factory error codes. You might get lucky and solve your problems by just resetting the steering angle sensor (iirc by turning the steering wheel full right, then full left and then back to center...aka lock to lock) but if that don't do it, by all means get it scanned for codes. Quick...before Plutoe gets here lol. Good luck!