E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

2008 Sport - bad shock - what to buy?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2014, 03:51 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
06 E320 CDI (GONE), 14 Jeep GC EcoDiesel, 01 Disco II (GONE), 09 BMW X3 3.0 Si Xdrive
Originally Posted by BRGR TME
Exactly 1.625" from the top groove to the bottom groove.

Fixed!!!

Pic is after I moved clip to lowest position.

https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/...5e&oe=54DE0197
You also should check where the clip is on the shock you took out and put it in the same groove on the new one.
Old 11-23-2014, 04:10 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
2008 E350
Originally Posted by isstay
Exactly what I said. Glad it work for you so you don't have to return this set too.
Yes, I give and one other person credit for solving my issue/ignorance on this part. MY 4x4 buddy said the shock might be "adjustable" also, then with that info and your diagram, I just had to wait until i got home last night to look and BAM. You both were correct. I hadn't looked at the instructions because ti was all in German and I THOUGHT I knew how to install a shock, I've done liek 87 times on my truck.

Anyway, I appreciate everyone patience and help.

Bad News: Now that I have put on new fronts, the rears are WAY low. I am kind of pissed because the car is OFF CPO but when I bought it I complained about the ride, they said its fine...but it hasn't gotten lower since I bought it. Now that the new fronts are on, the car looks all squatted in the back, I know for sure the rears are dead too. Even worse, news, I HATE the height now, it looks like the car has been lifted.

So, I'm going to be replacing these springs at some point. At least now I know that the shock can be adjusted to fit the new spring once I decide on it.

Good news:

With the right parts finally, complete job front right and left only took 80 minutes in my driveway. not counting the cost of shocks, I saved around $800, maybe even more!!!
Old 11-24-2014, 07:43 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
06 E320 CDI (GONE), 14 Jeep GC EcoDiesel, 01 Disco II (GONE), 09 BMW X3 3.0 Si Xdrive
Originally Posted by BRGR TME
Bad News: Now that I have put on new fronts, the rears are WAY low.
You can move the ring down couple of grooves to make the car even until you change rear shocks. Only thing you probably have to do is alignment.
Old 03-27-2015, 02:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 C320
BRGR TME, How do you like these shocks so far?
I'm about to change my stock ones but not sure if Bilstein B4 is a good choice.
And they list part# 24-105910 for both sport and standard suspension which kind of confuses me. I have E320 with soft suspension and would like to keep it that way.

By the way, did you install new springs as well or just shocks?