E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

MOD Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2014, 12:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 MB S65 AMG, 2003 GMC Sierra 3500 Dually, 1985 Mercedes 300 SD Diesel, 1995 Mecedes S320
Exclamation MOD Question

I've been in contact with (2) speed (tuner) shops while looking for a dyno tune and they advised me that the older model evosport shorty headers will not give much of a gain with or without a tune, and that I would have to go with long tubes before I do the throttle body upgrade. I was also told in order to do the TB upgrade That I need to upgrade the injectors (along with long tubes) so I will not blow out the #8 cylinder. He said that they wouldn't even dyno my car with the shorty headers with the larger throttle body because he has seen major damage done to the engine without the complete (injectors, long tubes, 80mmTB) upgrade. The frustrating part is I've been online researching all the upgrades and piecing the MODs together for months now to find this info out. The question is has anyone had major issues rolling with shorty headers, do shorties limit the mods you can do? Also I have a VRP crank pulley with the part# 318200175 not quite sure if this is a 175 (because of the last 3 numbers of the part number) or is it a 180?

Thanks in advance