E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Keyless working on warm days - Dying on cold days...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 09:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keyless working on warm days - Dying on cold days...

Hi,

My car has this strange problem. When it's really cold (canadian winter), the keyless on the driver door will not work at all. When it gets warmer (like in the garage), the unlock will work but the lock button will not. It does the same thing in the rear driver door, but sometimes it will work even on cold days (talking about the rear door).

I went to an indy and he told me he cannot communicate with the keyless brain... no answer he said and no error code reported. However, he was able to open/close the door opening actuator (he basically opened the door from his computer). I am not sure he is knowing what he is doing when he reported that he "cannot communicate with the keyless brain because it looks like it is dead.."...

Anyonne has an idea before I spend money on new handles ? Can it be something else ?

Thanks
Old 12-20-2012, 10:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
03 E500 and Corvette
Originally Posted by mz3bo
Hi,

My car has this strange problem. When it's really cold (canadian winter), the keyless on the driver door will not work at all. When it gets warmer (like in the garage), the unlock will work but the lock button will not. It does the same thing in the rear driver door, but sometimes it will work even on cold days (talking about the rear door).

I went to an indy and he told me he cannot communicate with the keyless brain... no answer he said and no error code reported. However, he was able to open/close the door opening actuator (he basically opened the door from his computer). I am not sure he is knowing what he is doing when he reported that he "cannot communicate with the keyless brain because it looks like it is dead.."...

Anyonne has an idea before I spend money on new handles ? Can it be something else ?

Thanks
consider a new battery in the fob
Old 12-20-2012, 10:15 AM

brand new battery...
Old 12-21-2012, 12:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
2014 BMW M235i
You have more than one fob?
Old 12-21-2012, 07:13 AM

yes... two Fob and both has new battery...
Old 12-25-2012, 08:56 AM

2008 E350 Sedan
I've experienced flakiness with both passenger and drivers side keyless entry. They will get worse as time goes by. Replacing the handles fixed them both. Probably not what you wanted to hear though.

Edit: They were done under warranty, so I don't have any part numbers or cost estimates to give you.

Last edited by CharlieU; 12-25-2012 at 09:00 AM.