E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

MB E320 Bluetec 2009 CCV venting to turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 06:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes E320 2009 Bluetec
MB E320 Bluetec 2009 CCV venting to turbo

Why does MB vent crank case into Turbo Intake? This has got to be the most ridiculous engineering item, and or venting of CCV I have ever seen. For the price of a MB Bluetec, I would have assumed that they offered a significant difference/Upgrade from Ford diesels, etc., nothing but the same BS. Contaminates intake and turbo with engine oil, etc. Any recommendations, modifications to eliminate this? I am planning on adding oil catch can and venting CC to catch can then to exhaust to burn off.

Also, looking for Performance Exhaust, and tuner to disable EGR for off road performance/testing, etc.
Old 04-30-2015, 09:30 PM
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
THE C350
If you look on the jeep forums they like to do the elephant hose mod as well as disable the swirl motors with a tune or the resistor mod.

"off road performance/testing" lol sure only for off road use!

I have done the resistor mod and will be doing a tune very soon but have yet to come up with a plan for the ccv has I don't want to do the elephant mod but not much room for a catch can.

Last edited by samaritrey; 04-30-2015 at 09:33 PM.
Old 05-02-2015, 09:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E320 WAGON
I am a Detroit diesel mechanic and I change the CCV system from "open to closed" by putting a catch can in the system. I use a Detroit oil filter housing and tear up some oil diapers and put them in the housing.

The CCV hose from the engine crankcase goes in the housing halve way in the diapers and the outlet hose gets a restrickter orfice to slow down the air flow so not to create a vacuum in the engine, and let the diapers filter the vapors.

I change the diapers every oil change, that's every 175hrs, that's equal to about 6000 miles or more.

The worst thing for a turbo is oil and dusty air getting on the compressor vanes. The oil will in time harden on the vanes and will throw the balance off, which in time will make the bearings go bad. Most turbo's have oil-lite bronze bearings which will wear out and then leak oil into the compressor housing side.
Old 05-04-2015, 04:21 PM
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
THE C350
Happen to have any pics of your setup?