E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

After market Android 4.4.4 Quad Core complete install. Vids and Pics and txt

Old 05-10-2016, 11:41 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2005 E320 CDI *black on black with nearly every option*
Originally Posted by a100steaksauce
This unit looks real nice.
Ive only had it a couple days, but i LOVE it so far. (granted, being that its a new toy ive played with it ALOT) its very responsive, and i have yet to experience any glitches. it does what its supposed to do every time i start the car.
The following users liked this post:
a100steaksauce (06-12-2016)
Old 05-17-2016, 11:11 AM

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Rossafuss

You need to get rid of the RCA Ground loop isolators and get a 12V inline filter on basically every audio component thats being powered.

Basically the RCA ground loop isolators are filtering out not only the high pitch frequency noises ( a range of kHz of sine waves) present in the audio signal, but also the sound frequency of any track your playing that has vocals /instrumentals around that same Frequency as the whine that the ground loop is isolating. so you end up with a bufferd audio signal that has much clarity missing from it. some ground loop isolators remove high and low range, while other just remove high range.

believe me, best way to test this and listen to how different the music sounds is buy connecting the audio with and without the ground loops while the engine is OFF, that way you dont hear the whine over everything else.

This may not be a very clear explanation but i am so stupidly busy these days that i just wanted to make sure i put something up in regards to that.

Also to get access to the canbuss wires, you simply splice into the Brown and Brown red wires that are found behind the CD changer. There is no need to go into the floor sill pannel as you mentioned in your video

Finally, using the MOST box, you are limiting your sound system from having a 4+1 channel output to just simply 2 channel, hense the 2x RCA cables found on the MOST box. If you wish to have independent sub-woofer control, etc then a MOST box is quite useless and a waste of money.

On the XDA forums there is a hardware modification that can be done on the Quad core units which allows the utilization of the high end sound card thats present on the units. from factory the MCU controls the sound output and provides a very simple User interface for sound management.

After performing this hardware mod and installing the supplied .APK the unit will come alive and the notorious "WHINE" engine noise magically vanish with it. (proves that the ground loop is an internal issue to the unit itself)

So anyways, this new .APK replaces the factory sound setting, and now you are presented with e full high end technical equalizer and low / high pass filters , independent sub woofer control and low pass filter, and so so so so much more. it really is amazing and i cannot thank the developers for making that.

Regards

Last edited by Xpresion; 05-17-2016 at 11:27 AM.
Old 05-17-2016, 11:17 AM

E55 AMG
and finally, just quickly, for those who are having problems getting torque to connect to the OBD2 adapter,

Remove the torque app thats found on the unit. and download a brand new one from the market.

The one that comes with the unit has been hacked to give full version and re coded to work with specific OBD2 modules that the seller sells to you. by simply uninstalling it and downloading it of playstore you will be able to get torque to connect to the OBD2 adapter. also its soo cheap that its worth buying and supporting the genius behind it.

Regards,
Old 05-17-2016, 11:22 AM

E55 AMG
As for the Echo with the Microphone, the unit has built in and provisioned for external one. If you connect and external one, i strongly suggest you open up the unit and get access to the Microphone and snip the red wire going to it. this will power it down, leaving only 1 microphone (the external) one running. and it will work even better because you are no longer dividing the signal among 2 microphones.

Regards
Old 05-17-2016, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Xpresion
You need to get rid of the RCA Ground loop isolators and get a 12V inline filter on basically every audio component thats being powered.
funny you should mention that, yesterday i actually messed around with that ground loop isolator and noticed a HUGE difference with it unplugged! i bought a couple +filters as well when i bought the GLI just because i didnt know if i needed them.

Im going to be installing one of them for both the MOST box and head unit this week sometime.

Also to get access to the canbuss wires, you simply splice into the Brown and Brown red wires that are found behind the CD changer. There is no need to go into the floor sill pannel as you mentioned in your video
Damnit. I KNEW there was an easier way to do that. i asked around and spent hours looking for information on where to tap into the CAN-B network and couldn't get much info. either way, it still works.

using the MOST box, you are limiting your sound system from having a 4+1 channel output to just simply 2 channel, hense the 2x RCA cables found on the MOST box. If you wish to have independent sub-woofer control, etc then a MOST box is quite useless and a waste of money.
My car didn't come factory with premium sound, so i wasn't worried about the sub woofer control and whatnot. as for 2 channel vs 4, the only functionality change you're going to notice is with the fader. any music you're going to be listening to, weather its Radio or MP3's is 2 channel Stereo, not 4 channel. (unless you're listening to listening to lossless files).

On the XDA forums there is a hardware modification that can be done on the Quad core units which allows the utilization of the high end sound card thats present on the units. from factory the MCU controls the sound output and provides a very simple User interface for sound management.

After performing this hardware mod and installing the supplied .APK the unit will come alive and the notorious "WHINE" engine noise magically vanish with it. (proves that the ground loop is an internal issue to the unit itself)

So anyways, this new .APK replaces the factory sound setting, and now you are presented with e full high end technical equalizer and low / high pass filters , independent sub woofer control and low pass filter, and so so so so much more. it really is amazing and i cannot thank the developers for making that.
Can i get a link on that XDA thread?!?! super interested in that. Not sure if it will work with my unit as its (supposedly) running lollypop vs kitkat.

Thanks so much for all the information Xpresion!! its this kind of feedback and constructive criticism i've been waiting for. Trying to help expand the knowledge base on these cars audio systems and aftermarket options.
Old 05-17-2016, 02:11 PM

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts
2010 e550 coupe

Basically the RCA ground loop isolators are filtering out not only the high pitch frequency noises ( a range of kHz of sine waves) present in the audio signal, but also the sound frequency of any track your playing that has vocals /instrumentals around that same Frequency as the whine that the ground loop is isolating. so you end up with a bufferd audio signal that has much clarity missing from it. some ground loop isolators remove high and low range, while other just remove high range.

believe me, best way to test this and listen to how different the music sounds is buy connecting the audio with and without the ground loops while the engine is OFF, that way you dont hear the whine over everything else.

This may not be a very clear explanation but i am so stupidly busy these days that i just wanted to make sure i put something up in regards to that.

Finally, using the MOST box, you are limiting your sound system from having a 4+1 channel output to just simply 2 channel, hense the 2x RCA cables found on the MOST box. If you wish to have independent sub-woofer control, etc then a MOST box is quite useless and a waste of money.

Regards
I was under the impression that the most unit would operate just as the stock amplifier. Are you saying sound would only be coming out of two speakers? I thought the two rca's are simply for stereo sound which I thought all car systems used as opposed to mono. Also could you get a splitter to merge front and back rca outputs into 2 rcas for the most?

Last edited by Dnasty; 05-17-2016 at 02:17 PM.
Old 05-17-2016, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Dnasty
I was under the impression that the most unit would operate just as the stock amplifier. Are you saying sound would only be coming out of two speakers? I thought the two rca's are simply for stereo sound which I thought all car systems used as opposed to mono. Also could you get a splitter to merge front and back rca outputs into 2 rcas for the most?
The MOST interface operates BETWEEN the amp and head unit. when were talking about "2 channel" output, were talking about he output from the head unit to the amp, not the amp to the speakers. basically what the most unit does is take the analog output from the android HU and converts it into the digital audio signal that travels over fiber to the amp. it doesn't "replace" the amp. sound will come out of all speakers. the sound quality is just as good as stock with my setup, except you can further tweak the sound quality with the equalizer through the HU. as for using a splitter, im not sure. i might try that.
Old 05-17-2016, 04:01 PM

2010 e550 coupe
The MOST interface operates BETWEEN the amp and head unit. when were talking about "2 channel" output, were talking about he output from the head unit to the amp, not the amp to the speakers. basically what the most unit does is take the analog output from the android HU and converts it into the digital audio signal that travels over fiber to the amp. it doesn't "replace" the amp. sound will come out of all speakers. the sound quality is just as good as stock with my setup, except you can further tweak the sound quality with the equalizer through the HU. as for using a splitter, im not sure. i might try that.
I understand how the most unit works I was responding to the OP saying that you would not get true 4.1 which is why I was wondering if you could merge the front and rear rcas from the head unit and connect to the most. Otherwise it would be true that you would only be receiving front sound distributed over four channels but I guess most music is done stereo anyway (left and right) so not sure of how much of a difference it would make. Also I had posted a chinese version of the most on the page before this and it is labeled as working on the cls but I wanted to order from avin as well like you as they are local. But for whatever reason they are saying it is not compatible with the cls model. I believe it is the same thing but rebadged with the avin brand.
Old 05-17-2016, 04:20 PM

you asked weather the sound would only come out of two speakers, so i assumed you didn't. no big deal! communication error!

From my knowledge, the CLS uses the identical audio system as the E class. so if i were to take a wild guess, i would say that the Avin E-Class module WOULD work for the CLS. The MOST communication system used in these cars is not specific to just Mercedes, there's a few other car manufacturers that use it as well. so i would imagine the actual digital communication "code" is not going to differ between Benz vehicles. If you look on Avin's website, they list 2 most interfaces for Benz. One for the E class, and one for the ML/GL/R. From what i can tell, the only difference is that there is a "wake up" wire on the ML/GL version that gets 12V when the key is on. So i guess that it would work. if someones feeling adventurous, they could contact Avin about the E class unit and see if it works for the CLS, or see if they offer a money back guarantee/ returns? Avin's got great customer service, so its worth a shot.
Old 05-17-2016, 04:58 PM

2010 e550 coupe
you asked weather the sound would only come out of two speakers, so i assumed you didn't. no big deal! communication error!

From my knowledge, the CLS uses the identical audio system as the E class. so if i were to take a wild guess, i would say that the Avin E-Class module WOULD work for the CLS. The MOST communication system used in these cars is not specific to just Mercedes, there's a few other car manufacturers that use it as well. so i would imagine the actual digital communication "code" is not going to differ between Benz vehicles. If you look on Avin's website, they list 2 most interfaces for Benz. One for the E class, and one for the ML/GL/R. From what i can tell, the only difference is that there is a "wake up" wire on the ML/GL version that gets 12V when the key is on. So i guess that it would work. if someones feeling adventurous, they could contact Avin about the E class unit and see if it works for the CLS, or see if they offer a money back guarantee/ returns? Avin's got great customer service, so its worth a shot.
Oh yea my fault I did ask that, it's still early lol...
I actually did contact avin and they told me specifically does not work on the cls. They had no explanation other than it just doesn't work on these cars. I really want it to work though. Does the unit I posted on the previous page resemble yours from avin?
Old 05-17-2016, 06:53 PM

2010 e550 coupe

Regards
Could you share with us what the new apk and hardware update is that provides those equalizer settings? That was one of the main reasons I was avoiding these head units was because of lack of independent subwoofer control.
Old 05-17-2016, 09:58 PM

Oh yea my fault I did ask that, it's still early lol...
I actually did contact avin and they told me specifically does not work on the cls. They had no explanation other than it just doesn't work on these cars. I really want it to work though. Does the unit I posted on the previous page resemble yours from avin?
It looks exactly the same. I don't think the avin rep knows any of the technical details of the unit. I just think he's basing weather the unit will or won't work on if "CLS" is listed on the sticker.
Old 05-23-2016, 02:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB CL600, Audi RS6 and Porsche Cayenne S
Has anyone tried the 5.1 OS? It's says earlier versions cannot be updated and I'm wondering whether I should go with a 4.4.4 which seems to have a decent track record on here. Here's a link to the 5.1:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-R...3-856e7276534a

Also, can I get a definitive answer on where to buy from?

Aliexpress, any particular ebay seller? I need this for a 2005 CL600 with the Bose setup and am planning to use a separate 5 channel amp and upgraded sub setup. Thanks!
Old 05-23-2016, 02:44 AM

2010 e550 coupe
Originally Posted by paperchase
Has anyone tried the 5.1 OS? It's says earlier versions cannot be updated and I'm wondering whether I should go with a 4.4.4 which seems to have a decent track record on here. Here's a link to the 5.1:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-R...3-856e7276534a

Also, can I get a definitive answer on where to buy from?

Aliexpress, any particular ebay seller? I need this for a 2005 CL600 with the Bose setup and am planning to use a separate 5 channel amp and upgraded sub setup. Thanks!
I'm in a similar situation trying to upgrade a 2006 cls500 with subs amp and wanna throw an addition 5 channel amp for the car speakers. Was wondering were you looking at the 9 inch screen those seem to be the only ones I see running 4.4.4 still and for some reason are the most expensive. Your link did not take me to a specific page btw.
Old 05-23-2016, 10:38 AM

I was just sent this on ali express regarding the fiber optic box... I just figured i'd share it as they claim it works with all our cars infact the sales rep gauranteed that this will work and retain all amp and cd changer function. She gained my trust because she told me that the r16 was not a quad core a9 like all the other sellers on there. Has anyone tried this or have any experience with it?
So did that device retain CD changer operation? I've been told there's no way to use the factory CD.
Old 05-23-2016, 10:41 AM

I'm in a similar situation trying to upgrade a 2006 cls500 with subs amp and wanna throw an addition 5 channel amp for the car speakers. Was wondering were you looking at the 9 inch screen those seem to be the only ones I see running 4.4.4 still and for some reason are the most expensive. Your link did not take me to a specific page btw.
For some reason when I paste the ali link it truncates, but you can go to their website and search W215 5.1 Quad. Here's one on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/221977268734?item=221977268734&viewitem=&vxp=mtr

Also, just found out from more than one ebay seller with the 4.4.4 unit for our cars that they have the 5.1 in stock and can ship that instead. Guess folks are trying to sell the old units first.

Last edited by paperchase; 05-23-2016 at 10:43 AM.
Old 05-23-2016, 11:50 AM

2010 e550 coupe
Originally Posted by paperchase
So did that device retain CD changer operation? I've been told there's no way to use the factory CD.
I doubt it retains factory cd function but I would think it would still power the cd changer. Which is all is really want as I plan to place a small stash area in its place.
Old 05-23-2016, 04:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Mercedes
The pocket door is no longer motorized. Sad
a100steaksauce (05-23-2016)
Old 05-23-2016, 05:56 PM

2010 e550 coupe
Originally Posted by JoeNobody
The pocket door is no longer motorized. Sad
With the fiber optic box installed the cd changer stops functioning completely? I thought as long as everything on the fiber optic loop was connected it still works..
Old 06-08-2016, 12:22 AM

2009 E63
What is the benefit of using the oem gps antenna over an included antenna from the new units being sold?
Old 06-08-2016, 04:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes
With the fiber optic box installed the cd changer stops functioning completely? I thought as long as everything on the fiber optic loop was connected it still works..
The motorized door uses a canbus signal from the oem head unit, and without that signal the pocket will not open.

In theory the canbus decoder box with the android unit could provide the needed signal, but the manufacturer simply did not include that function
Old 06-08-2016, 04:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes
Originally Posted by 00N8
What is the benefit of using the oem gps antenna over an included antenna from the new units being sold?
Oem GPS is way better than aftermarket, because oem is outside the car and gets a strong consistent signal. I used the included GPS for a while, but it was frequently losing it's signal. Granted I had it tucked in my dash, so your mileage will vary but OEM is definitely better.
Old 06-08-2016, 08:19 AM

2009 E63
Did anyone else's keyless entry stop working? I have to plug the key in now which is annoying.

Also I'm getting a Tele SOS error on the heads up display.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by 00N8; 06-08-2016 at 08:20 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 06-09-2016, 04:11 AM

2010 e550 coupe
Originally Posted by JoeNobody
The motorized door uses a canbus signal from the oem head unit, and without that signal the pocket will not open.

In theory the canbus decoder box with the android unit could provide the needed signal, but the manufacturer simply did not include that function
Wow that sucks.. lol

Just curious has anyone here yet to tried the 9" screens that run 4.2.2 for the benz or is everyone here for the most part using the 7" that emulates the stock command. I'm still on the fence about getting it.. love how it looks but if it really sucks the hassle of returning and uninstalling everything isn't worth it.

Last edited by Dnasty; 06-09-2016 at 04:19 AM.
Old 06-09-2016, 08:02 AM

ML 280 2006
Hi Guys

Got this unit for my ML W164 and wanted to find out if there is anyone that knows the type of ROM I can get off XDA in place of the current

Thank you

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Andro...626324957.html

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: After market Android 4.4.4 Quad Core complete install. Vids and Pics and txt