E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

After market Android 4.4.4 Quad Core complete install. Vids and Pics and txt

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 02-09-2016, 08:52 PM

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts
2010 e550 coupe
Originally Posted by NubyIz
The Bypass cable is there to Bypass the amp in the boot and use the new builtin amp in the chinese headunit instead.
The original setup for NTG1 COMAND is:
Headunit in front (User interface/screen, not actual tuner, DVD)
CD Changer in front via Optical loop
Amp in boot (Becker or HK amp, depends on exact config) via optical loop
Tuner in boot (Not in headunit,) via optical loop
DVD/Navigation computer in book, hooked in via optical loop.

The optical loop carries
- Audio signals from various source to amp
- Control signals between Audio components
- CANBUS siganls to rest of car, eg centre display in instrument cluster

The "bypass cable" bypasses all that, it provides
- direct standard 4 channel audio to speakers (note does not drive all HK speaskers)
- Canbus signal into HU
- Power from Amp power connector (I think original HU power is too low as it has no amps)
- couple of other signals which I think are not necessary
It is about 6m (20 feet), goes from HU via left side under carpet along side through rear seat to Amp.
You need to lift carpets and remove rear cushion and back to access the hole.

EDIT: If you have audio 50 ur amp SHOULD be in the HU itself, and you have no navigation.
Best to take out HU and check if you have 2 orange cables (optical cable) coming out, you should not have that.

Correct me if I am wrong, I dare you hehe

Cheers
Sorry to keep bugging you on this but does it matter the orientation of the vehicle as to which side I run the 6m cable, on the left hand drive the amp is on the same side would I still be running the cables through the passenger side or the drivers side has sufficient space for these cables?
Old 02-09-2016, 09:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
car
Originally Posted by MyCarHeru
Ok Garagequeen here's what I just found. I was checking the voltage across the connector to the canbus which seemed ok. After plugging it back in I lifted the HU up and it powered on with the display then went off again. I repeated the steps which I was pushing my voltmeter probes in the grooves of the connector and checking voltages and proceeded to plug the canbus back in and once again it powered on and went off. I think the problem lies between the canbus connector or the canbus itself.

I just checked, I'm not seeing a drop or on/off of power. I'll keep looking but hoping someone that has done one steps in and looks and shows me how to fix it.
Old 02-09-2016, 09:17 PM

car
Originally Posted by Dnasty
Sorry to keep bugging you on this but does it matter the orientation of the vehicle as to which side I run the 6m cable, on the left hand drive the amp is on the same side would I still be running the cables through the passenger side or the drivers side has sufficient space for these cables?
Every picture and video I see the 6m cable is ran down the left side of the car.
Old 02-09-2016, 09:26 PM

2010 e550 coupe
Originally Posted by garagequeen
Every picture and video I see the 6m cable is ran down the left side of the car.
Yea just wanted to make sure as every video i've seen has also been a right hand drive car. My car is left hand drive.
Old 02-09-2016, 09:27 PM

car
Ok Garagequeen here's what I just found. I was checking the voltage across the connector to the canbus which seemed ok. After plugging it back in I lifted the HU up and it powered on with the display then went off again. I repeated the steps which I was pushing my voltmeter probes in the grooves of the connector and checking voltages and proceeded to plug the canbus back in and once again it powered on and went off. I think the problem lies between the canbus connector or the canbus itself.
F ME man. So you got me thinking, I pulled the 6m cable and just hooked up the stock 10 inch cable that came with the radio, and BOOM! It works. So now going to look and see whats wrong with the 6m cable.

Old 02-09-2016, 09:29 PM

car
Yea just wanted to make sure as every video i've seen has also been a right hand drive car. My car is left hand drive.
Ya the left side of the car, being that you are standing behind the car. The U.S left(drive side is where I'm running my cable too.
Old 02-09-2016, 09:31 PM

2010 e550 coupe
Ya the left side of the car, being that you are standing behind the car. The U.S left(drive side is where I'm running my cable too.
Thanks Is there any guide to pull up the carpets and pillars? I want to have all that stuff figured out before my unit arrives.
Old 02-09-2016, 09:38 PM

car
Thanks Is there any guide to pull up the carpets and pillars? I want to have all that stuff figured out before my unit arrives.
I haven't got that far. But I'll get mine in tonight and post pictures.
Old 02-09-2016, 10:01 PM

2008 E350
I just checked, I'm not seeing a drop or on/off of power. I'll keep looking but hoping someone that has done one steps in and looks and shows me how to fix it.
I kept finagling with the canbus and plug and the unit powered on a coupled times even long enough to pair my phone and stream audio. At this point I think the canbus decoder is faulty. Everything was fine until I touched the canbus unit.
Old 02-09-2016, 11:16 PM

car
Well I got it, my 6m cable was wired wrong so I cut it up and fixed( temp, now I'm going to solder it) you can see my red butt connectors.

So really all you need is the radio and 6m cable. Sound is good, but I'm adding a amp and sub because the ladies love my beats.

Old 02-09-2016, 11:28 PM

2010 e550 coupe
Well I got it, my 6m cable was wired wrong so I cut it up and fixed( temp, now I'm going to solder it) you can see my red butt connectors.

So really all you need is the radio and 6m cable. Sound is good, but I'm adding a amp and sub because the ladies love my beats.

Nice how is the sound now that you don't have the center channel speakers and the shelf? I actually already have 2 12's and a 1600watt rms amp in the trunk so I have plenty bass do you think I would have to also throw in a second amp so I don't completely overpower the stock speakers after this upgrade? also how on earth did you rewire that I was just looking at those butt connectors I would have had no idea how to reconnect that stuff.
Old 02-09-2016, 11:43 PM

car
Nice how is the sound now that you don't have the center channel speakers and the shelf? I actually already have 2 12's and a 1600watt rms amp in the trunk so I have plenty bass do you think I would have to also throw in a second amp so I don't completely overpower the stock speakers after this upgrade? also how on earth did you rewire that I was just looking at those butt connectors I would have had no idea how to reconnect that stuff.

I'm a 30 year old white guy, so I don't need much bass but I think it sounds good. Like stock, but it has no bass now. So if you got subs already. You will be golden like showers on this.

But I did find if you want a ant. you need to make one or get the right fitting. I'll post a pic in a min.

Wiring is easy if you aren't in a rush.
Old 02-10-2016, 12:10 AM

2010 e550 coupe
I'm a 30 year old white guy, so I don't need much bass but I think it sounds good. Like stock, but it has no bass now. So if you got subs already. You will be golden like showers on this.

But I did find if you want a ant. you need to make one or get the right fitting. I'll post a pic in a min.

Wiring is easy if you aren't in a rush.
Oh ok I was hoping the sound might be a slight improvement over the stock amp as I know mercedes is known to underpower their systems in the past but would you say it's slightly worse(not counting bass of course just overall loudness)?
Old 02-10-2016, 12:15 AM

car
Oh ok I was hoping the sound might be a slight improvement over the stock amp as I know mercedes is known to underpower their systems in the past but would you say it's slightly worse(not counting bass of course just overall loudness)?
No, I would say the same as stock, with just turning all the bass down.
Old 02-10-2016, 12:21 AM

car
So here is the antenna, you need a male to male thing....

Here is everything I pulled out of the trunk......

Pulled out of the dash.......

The only thing you need to hook into are 3 plugs from the AMP, and you can't mess it up. These are it, plus the antenna..........

How I'm running my wires, I'm not getting mine done tonight, I thought I had RCA cables but I don't.....

I hope this helps other people, I'll post pictures tomorrow with the sub, amp, and radio back in place.
Old 02-10-2016, 06:38 AM

2010 e550 coupe
So here is the antenna, you need a male to male thing....

Here is everything I pulled out of the trunk......

Pulled out of the dash.......

The only thing you need to hook into are 3 plugs from the AMP, and you can't mess it up. These are it, plus the antenna..........

How I'm running my wires, I'm not getting mine done tonight, I thought I had RCA cables but I don't.....

I hope this helps other people, I'll post pictures tomorrow with the sub, amp, and radio back in place.
THanks man very informative... you did not even have to take off the back seats? Is this the cls also? Looks much easier than I imagined I thought it was gonna require tearing my car apart completely.
Old 02-10-2016, 02:03 PM

car
THanks man very informative... you did not even have to take off the back seats? Is this the cls also? Looks much easier than I imagined I thought it was gonna require tearing my car apart completely.
No I didn't have to take the seat out, just pop all the trim off.

My car is a 04 e55.
Old 02-10-2016, 06:53 PM

2008 E350

Garagequeen what exactly was wired wrong? Was the 6m cable wired wrong?
Old 02-10-2016, 07:32 PM

car
Garagequeen what exactly was wired wrong? Was the 6m cable wired wrong?
It seems like the radio plug was switched 180 on mine. It was a easy fix, and doesn't seem like anyone else has had that problem.
Old 02-10-2016, 09:22 PM

2008 E350
It seems like the radio plug was switched 180 on mine. It was a easy fix, and doesn't seem like anyone else has had that problem.
Can you take a pic? Maybe that's my issue as well. I did buy 6m bypass extension cable from a different vendor.
Old 02-10-2016, 10:56 PM

car
Can you take a pic? Maybe that's my issue as well. I did buy 6m bypass extension cable from a different vendor.

Is the RIGHT plug harness for the radio.......

This is the WRONG way.... this is before I could get it to work

Old 02-10-2016, 10:58 PM

car
Also this is the female to female antenna plug you need so you can use the stock antenna. I just bought it, I'll let you know when it shows up how it works.

http://alexnld.com/product/fakra-z-f...ector-antenna/

Edit, so you can plug in the 6m antenna wire that came with the other 6m cable for the radio. You need that cable to plug the two male dongs in.

Picture so you know what I'm talking about.

Old 02-10-2016, 11:54 PM

2008 E350
Also this is the female to female antenna plug you need so you can use the stock antenna. I just bought it, I'll let you know when it shows up how it works.

http://alexnld.com/product/fakra-z-f...ector-antenna/

Edit, so you can plug in the 6m antenna wire that came with the other 6m cable for the radio. You need that cable to plug the two male dongs in.

Picture so you know what I'm talking about.

I believe I may have the same issue then with the connections. I'm going to pull it out tomorrow after work and investigate closely and compare to your cabling. I ordered the antenna cable last week but I also found a adapter to possibly use the existing gps antenna on the roof. I'll find the link and show you.
Old 02-11-2016, 12:13 AM

car
I believe I may have the same issue then with the connections. I'm going to pull it out tomorrow after work and investigate closely and compare to your cabling. I ordered the antenna cable last week but I also found a adapter to possibly use the existing gps antenna on the roof. I'll find the link and show you.
Oh mine going to plug the end of that green tipped cable you see into the stock antenna in the trunk. I just need the cable to hook that 6m one into the little short cable that comes out the the back of the radio.
Old 02-11-2016, 07:40 AM

2010 e550 coupe
If I wanted to go straight rca's out of the head unit to an aftermarket amp how many speaker wires would I be looking to hook up? Or is the 6m bypass cable still necessary for something? Wanted to see if mabye I could just buy a direct amp for this job.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: After market Android 4.4.4 Quad Core complete install. Vids and Pics and txt