E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

2005 E320 Transmission Issues- Need Wisdom!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2015, 10:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Mercedes E320
2005 E320 Transmission Issues- Need Wisdom!!

My 2005 E320 w 180,000 miles had a transmission leak and delayed shifting on inclines/hills only. Had the Connector Plug replaced and the Conductor Plate cleaned. Transmission worked beautifully for awhile and now has started it again. Should my mechanic have replaced the Conductor Place instead of cleaning or computer need to be reprogrammed or something else? I was just a month away from trading for a 2016 E when this happened and now want to get it handled as quickly and cheaply as possible. Wisdom is greatly appreciated!!
Old 09-01-2015, 07:49 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,019 Likes on 947 Posts
1999 E300TD
First to fix a problem you have to know what caused the problem---you haven't found the cause yet, however cleaning the conductor plate that's a new one --wada joke--I sure hope you suggested that and not your mechanic!!

Assuming you want to continue pouring money into the dog why not take the car to a responsible transmission shop for a second look as it could be loads of things-solenoids\springs\wiring\mechanical issues\bla bla.

Another course of action is silence and distraction at the trade. Go just before closing with the wife pushing a baby carriage festooned with balloons(distraction) and junior holding a bulging brief case filled with previous service documents---Plus are there any inclines\hills by the dealer!! Heck I would give you an extra hundred for your trade just to get you out of the show room!!