E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

The rear wiper on my wagon is dead

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2015, 11:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 E220CDI -2004
The rear wiper on my wagon is dead

The rear wiper has stopped working on my 2004 W211 wagon. Before it died it would work for a short time and stop anywhere at the window.

I thought it was the motor since it was going weaker and weaker and then died. But the motor was looking fine inside and I had no problems running it when connected to a 12V battery.

I have changed the fuse (nr 7) and relay (nr 4 from bottom). When pressing the wiper button the light on it will go on about every 5 seconds but I can not hear or feel the relay "click".

With the ignition on there is 1V between earth and the red cable and 10 V between earth and orange cable in the motor connector. This does not change when pressing the rear wiper button. The trunk door control module does not seems to have any kind of water damage.

Since this is a wagon the cable loom goes inside the door and into the car above the headliner. By pulling the cable hose down it is possible to see a little bit of the cables. But there seems like the is no way to really inspect the cables except cutting the hose open. I would rather not do this.

Anything more I can check? Thanks.
Old 08-28-2019, 08:49 AM

'14 E63S Estate, '05 E55T
Hello - found this today - it's been awhile but did you ever resolve your rear wiper issue? I have a 2005 model and getting the same errors (blinking light on switch).

Thanks!
Old 08-28-2019, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by statwagon
Hello - found this today - it's been awhile but did you ever resolve your rear wiper issue? I have a 2005 model and getting the same errors (blinking light on switch).

Thanks!
Hello!

Yes, I solved it, it was the motor that was bad. I bought a used one, but that one was broken too! With a new motor it is working as it should.

Good luck!