E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Popped 2 codes and still can't seem to correct them.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2015, 06:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 E500
Popped 2 codes and still can't seem to correct them.

Hi all. So I picked up my 03 e500 last saturday, and I've been doing little odds and ends here and there. I recently got a code for p0106 and a code for p0103. So I went around the engine looking for a hissing sound I heard before I loaded the car up on the trailer upon buying it, and eventually found it. Well them I should say. One hose that came off the drivers side valve cover leading to the maf sensor was broken clean in half. So I fixed that. The OTHER hoses were going from the map and another random small sensor to the left of the map and it's bracket, to the manifold. 2 small hoses. Also fixed that.

Now I reset the cel light and the car still runs like ****. Hesitant at take off at times, turn a corner or step on the gas, it'll die. Also if it's sitting for a minute, you can see faint black smoke coming from the borla exhaust tips out back. The transmission mount (I assume from vibration inside the car) is another issue. But I'm really just hoping to get these main 2 issues solved. It gets up and hauls *** once it hits about 2 thousand rpms. But before that on either w or s mode, it's hesitant.

I'm sure this topic has been covered before, I'm just new to this site and don't know of much about it.
Old 09-17-2015, 09:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts
2009 E550 2000 Honda civic mash n' go
Egr valve clogged maybe? Guided test will answer that. If you push on your egr valve and your engine doesn't bog down that may be the culprit. This sounds like a vacuum leak or something to that extent.

You should replace your motor mounts too, those cause vibrations at idle, trans mount vibrates when driving.