Secret Hiding Spots?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 08:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts
'15 T&C & '14 SL63
Originally Posted by Toastr
Nope, in my car the first aid kit is in a bag that fits perfectly into a cabinet under the seat... exactly the first place a police officer would look if searching your car.

I've never seen a car with so many compartments and nooks, but FWIW I'd never suggest driving around with drugs in your car as none of the spots in the W211 would fool a dog.
You can't fool the dog, you can only fool the moron using the dog.

Stash in two levels. Bury the stuff under the console, for example, but leave a smoked out roach with nothing but the paper in a baggie that is absolutely smeared with resin, in the ash tray.

Dog signals, moron finds the reason, but can do nothing with an empty baggie and empty roach. having found that the stash and seen that it's empty, the odds of him being bright enough to search again are low.
The following users liked this post:
robbieas (12-28-2020)
Old 02-09-2016, 08:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 E500 4matic
Originally Posted by nycphotography
Honestly, I don't care how much you smoke. Just don't drive wasted.

But to come along with that screen name and ask that question and to think you are actually fooling anyone? Puhleeze. Talk about an underachiever.
Who the hell am I trying to fool?? IN MY CASE almost everybody in this thread know I was talking about marijuana

If you was smart my screen name would immediately tell you "he's probably a smoker." Now that that's out the way.

I was just simply wondering if anyone knows any distinctive spots that other w211 owners would like to know about
Old 02-09-2016, 09:09 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
W211 - 2003
Originally Posted by Truu_Ston3r
But what about the people who just picked up and now they want to go home and enjoy their ..... Whatever it is

You are 100 percent right, never drive around with drugs in the car and you should never smoke in your car (that's automatic probable cause to search your car) but as for the dogs, police in my area will never go so hard if they smell a little bit of weed.

All they would do is give the car a quick rundown and move along. Now that marijuana is starting to get legalized, police honesty could care less.
Yeah I'm sure it's getting less and less common, but in my hometown (very small), anyone under 35 is likely having the dog pace their car for little to no reason other than the chance that they might get lucky. Then again, having a Mercedes in that town is probably considered probably cause...

I can't speak for the area I live in now, as I very rarely get pulled over.

All of that being said, if I were hiding something if probably tuck it behind the wall of the trunk through the electronic access panel.
Old 02-09-2016, 09:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 660 Likes on 477 Posts
2013 ML350 Bluetec
Originally Posted by nycphotography
You can't fool the dog, you can only fool the moron using the dog.

Stash in two levels. Bury the stuff under the console, for example, but leave a smoked out roach with nothing but the paper in a baggie that is absolutely smeared with resin, in the ash tray.

Dog signals, moron finds the reason, but can do nothing with an empty baggie and empty roach. having found that the stash and seen that it's empty, the odds of him being bright enough to search again are low.
I wouldn't count on that strategy keeping you out of jail for a night in a low tolerance state, for a couple of reasons:
1) if they find something, they'll be looking pretty hard for something else.
B) possession is possession. Doesn't matter how much.

In NYC, that might work. In Idaho, you would find yourself very inconvenienced.
Old 02-09-2016, 09:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 ML350 Bluetec
Who the hell am I trying to fool?? IN MY CASE almost everybody in this thread know I was talking about marijuana

If you was smart my screen name would immediately tell you "he's probably a smoker." Now that that's out the way.

I was just simply wondering if anyone knows any distinctive spots that other w211 owners would like to know about
You spelled "wuz" wrong.

If the spots were "distinctive" they wouldn't really be secret, now would they? I'll keep mine to myself
Old 02-09-2016, 10:46 AM

2004 E500 4matic
Originally Posted by rapidoxidation
You spelled "wuz" wrong.

If the spots were "distinctive" they wouldn't really be secret, now would they? I'll keep mine to myself
I should've known better

Hey you should share your secrets with fellow 211 owners
Old 02-09-2016, 10:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 T&C & '14 SL63
I wouldn't count on that strategy keeping you out of jail for a night in a low tolerance state, for a couple of reasons:
1) if they find something, they'll be looking pretty hard for something else.
B) possession is possession. Doesn't matter how much.

In NYC, that might work. In Idaho, you would find yourself very inconvenienced.
I only said that it would improve the odds.

I certainly didn't say I'd count on it keeping me out of jail. Only way to guaranteed stay out of jail is to no do anything illegal, never allow the police to search your vehicle, home, office or person without a warrant, and to never engage in a conversation with the police beyond the simple statement "as a matter of personal policy I do not answer questions nor permit searches, and you have no probable cause to proceed without a warrant".

Does an empty baggie with an empty roach but no observable quantity of marijuana equate to possession? Does the cocaine embedded in the 20's in your pocket equate with possession?

How many cops would think "ah not this time"? vs how many would think "he must have a huge stash hidden in here"?
Old 02-09-2016, 12:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 ML350 Bluetec
Maybe not possession, but you just gave him probable cause to search your car based on a used baggie and resin soaked paper.It's called paraphernalia, and a clean and sterile pipe would probably do just fine. Presenting Officer McFriendly with the attitude of "I'm not answering any questions" will assuredly bring his full focus to bear.

For example: The other snowy night I was on my way home. Drove past a state patrol car on main street and sure enough, he started his engine and began to follow me. A few miles down the road, he lit me up and I pulled over, lit the dome light, rolled down the window, and put my hands in view. He asked where I was going (home), where I was coming from (my GF's), and then told me my back window was covered and asked if my car had a defroster for it? (yes, and it's on). He asked if I had a snow brush (yes) can you hand it to me and I'll brush off your window for you?(sure, here you go). He did so, handed it back to me, and told me to drive safe and have a good night. Didn't even bother to ask for my license, registration, or PoI. I wonder what his demeanor would have been had I only cracked the window and said "as a matter of personal policy I do not answer questions..."?

My point is if you act difficult then so will the LEO. YMMV.

Last edited by rapidoxidation; 02-09-2016 at 12:20 PM.
Old 02-09-2016, 12:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,730 Likes on 1,380 Posts
1922 Ford Model T / no OBD
We can turn it into police behavior topic any time
I live in low-crime city, but in the center of Bay Area, meaning lot of commuters driving thru on freeway and highway.
Seems our police, out of boredom targets suspicious cars. Don't know what are criteria, but lately some streets got licence plates reading cameras, what just last month resolved burglary in 24 hr when the suspect got arrested in nearby city, where for a change each Police cruiser has licence reading cameras.
Coming to hiding places, our ML55 had factory safe under passenger seat. I did not consider it real safe as it look to me I could break into it with good screwdriver, but still something.
W211 have less space under the seat, but you could replace seat storage with metal and lockable?
Old 02-09-2016, 01:07 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
E550
Under the cup holder? I keep lots of stuff there that I don't need everyday
Old 02-09-2016, 01:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 T&C & '14 SL63
Maybe not possession, but you just gave him probable cause to search your car based on a used baggie and resin soaked paper.It's called paraphernalia, and a clean and sterile pipe would probably do just fine. Presenting Officer McFriendly with the attitude of "I'm not answering any questions" will assuredly bring his full focus to bear.

For example: The other snowy night I was on my way home. Drove past a state patrol car on main street and sure enough, he started his engine and began to follow me. A few miles down the road, he lit me up and I pulled over, lit the dome light, rolled down the window, and put my hands in view. He asked where I was going (home), where I was coming from (my GF's), and then told me my back window was covered and asked if my car had a defroster for it? (yes, and it's on). He asked if I had a snow brush (yes) can you hand it to me and I'll brush off your window for you?(sure, here you go). He did so, handed it back to me, and told me to drive safe and have a good night. Didn't even bother to ask for my license, registration, or PoI. I wonder what his demeanor would have been had I only cracked the window and said "as a matter of personal policy I do not answer questions..."?

My point is if you act difficult then so will the LEO. YMMV.
Aaaand I never said start off confrontational. But hey, go ahead and knock down that straw man if it makes you feel better.

I'm sure you are a veteran criminal defense lawyer and can school us all as to why this criminal defense lawyer and law professor is FOS.

But don't argue the point here as there is already another thread for that.

Last edited by nycphotography; 02-09-2016 at 07:31 PM.
Old 02-09-2016, 02:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,730 Likes on 1,380 Posts
1922 Ford Model T / no OBD
I really admire the guys speaching skills. Something I could never do.
Listen to 18-19th minute, when he points how easy people can hear something that was never said.
Old 02-09-2016, 06:06 PM

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
2009 CLK 350
I have some friends who own Bimmerworld.com who got their start racing by parting out cars. One time the bought a M3 from NYC site unseen off some insurance company auction real cheap. They got the car and it was riddled with bullet holes. Upon parting it out (what was salvageable ) we found a metal mailbox welded to the front of the gas tank, hmm!
Old 02-09-2016, 06:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts
2009 E550 2000 Honda civic mash n' go
If you are swift with it, the cover behind your rear view mirror is a decent spot and or putting it on top of your sunroof shade then pulling shade back. chief rockaaaa!

stash cans are always nice too!
Old 02-09-2016, 06:27 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,353 Likes on 2,807 Posts
2012 CLS63
Old 02-10-2016, 10:05 AM

2004 E500 4matic
Originally Posted by cmriv
If you are swift with it, the cover behind your rear view mirror is a decent spot and or putting it on top of your sunroof shade then pulling shade back. chief rockaaaa!

stash cans are always nice too!
Lol I used to put it on top of the sunroof shade until one day I forgot that I left it up there ..... Let's just say I never got it back

Last edited by Truu_Ston3r; 02-10-2016 at 10:19 AM.
Old 02-10-2016, 10:06 AM

2004 E500 4matic
Originally Posted by hyperion667
Enjoying the show? Lol
Old 02-10-2016, 10:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 T&C & '14 SL63
Enjoying the show? Lol
He referring to "prior art".

https://mbworld.org/forums/off-topic...iscussion.html

Hard to believe that was a year ago lol
Old 02-10-2016, 11:02 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Cl 65
Hmmm no matter what hiding spot you come up with a trained k9 will find it and they're going to end up tearing up your car
Old 02-11-2016, 07:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 Mercedes E320 BlueTec
I don't know where that secret hiding place is. But I am absolutely convinced there is a such a place.
I totaled out my 2008 e320. I went and searched the car for anything left over and told the shop to release the car to the insurer.
Shop called me a day later and the tow driver stopped and gave the manager my Ray Ban Sunglasses.
I had lost them a year earlier. I was almost certain I had left them in the car. I searched and searched the car. Used flashlights and probed under the seats. I finally went an bought another pair. So this guy finds them I a minute?
Well I was happy to get them back and grateful the tow driver was kind enough to turn them over. But where were they? I still don't have a clue.
Old 12-21-2020, 12:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 E320
Thx. I'm not hiding I'm looking

Thx for this post.
My girlfriend and I have the same car 2001 E320.
I'm going to try accessing all these spots in my car get familiar with them then hopefully I will finally find my girlfriend's secret phone.

So some people may be hiding things and others looking for things.

Hopefully, it's not going to be in the spot where the other poster's sunglasses were hiding; sounds like I'll never find that one.

Old 12-21-2020, 12:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 399 Likes on 333 Posts
C320
Originally Posted by Trixie5
Thx for this post.
My girlfriend and I have the same car 2001 E320.
I'm going to try accessing all these spots in my car get familiar with them then hopefully I will finally find my girlfriend's secret phone.

So some people may be hiding things and others looking for things.

Hopefully, it's not going to be in the spot where the other poster's sunglasses were hiding; sounds like I'll never find that one.
How about finding a new girlfriend.
Trixie5 (12-22-2020)
Old 12-21-2020, 12:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,440 Likes on 952 Posts
No more MB:(
This thread has to be one of the lowest points on MBWorld.
scotterikson (12-21-2020)
Old 12-24-2020, 02:58 AM

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
2005 E320 CDI (SOLD); 2008 ML320 CDI 4MATIC
IF smell is concern inside engine intake filter box might not get an alert from K9 if engine stays running or alert would be from tailpipe where nothing would be found maybe but never see searches inside engine hood well maybe on a border crossing.