E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Electrical Gremlins - Right low beam, parking lamp, fog lamp

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2016, 03:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E320
Electrical Gremlins - Right low beam, parking lamp, fog lamp

I am at my wits end with my lighting issue. The dealer diagnosed my non-functioning passenger head light as bad wiring as the coating had deteriorated. My research showed this was not uncommon so I bought a dpair of Depo lights and took an afternoon to remove the bumper and install the new lights on both sides. I tested before I reassembled and the right low beam still did not work. Since I had installed new bulbs at the same time, I knew it wasn't the bulb. High beams work on both sides just fine. I pulled the lights and plugged the passenger light into the connector for the driver side and it came on just fine.

I now know for a fact that the head lamp and bulbs all work. I didn't have my multi meter to test the connector for the passenger side.

Here are current issues:

-Passenger low beam will not turn on
-passenger front blinker in the headlight assembly will not turn on
-both parking lamps and fog lamps work intermittently.

I have searched but cannot find any threads on this. Either the connector is bad or the wiring from the relays are bad, maybe the relays are bad? I am not really good with this stuff. I can follow directions which is why I had no problem pulling the bumper and changing the headlights.

any ideas?

Thanks a ton.

Smitty
Old 05-02-2016, 03:52 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,019 Likes on 947 Posts
1999 E300TD
Yes,you confirmed that there is no voltage on passenger side low beam,therefore you either have a faulty switch or front SAM!!
Old 05-02-2016, 09:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E320
So if it is the front SAM, are those fuses replaceable? If I have to replace the front SAM, any ideas what that win run me? I am already dropping the car off at my Indy next week to replace rear main seal and joints in the front suspension. I think I am already close to $2k in maintenance, I hope the SAM doesn't hurt too bad, lol.

Best,

Smitty
Old 05-03-2016, 05:32 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,019 Likes on 947 Posts
1999 E300TD
Wow wada mess---if your indy has the diagnostics he will be able to confirm in ten minutes, however if you see sheep grazing out back,I'd drive on by and find someone else!!