E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

My06 W211 mirror issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2016, 07:38 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
MY06 E55
My06 W211 mirror issue

My E55 passenger mirror is driving me crazy !
it has memories, and folds in when car is parked.

it goes down when it wants, and doesn't adjust properly.

Spent ages messing with the memories and the book and so on.

Finally hooked it up to STAR and worked out the loom that goes from the mirror motor to the car is the problem.

you can see on the potentiometer voltages they change when I wiggle the loom.
I pulled the motor apart and checked it internally with the multimeter, and that is fine.

Trying to workout if that loom is buyable ? sily to get a whole mirror just for the loom.
Another option is to remake the wires for the loom, ie solder and heatshrink. Any suggestions for flexible wire ?as it will flex in and out many times per day ( everytime car is locked )
Also to unplug the other side of the loom ( inside the door, do I need to pull the door trim ( door card ) off ?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

and or, any better mirrors out there ? If i have to pull em off and replace em, maybe get better ones
Old 05-23-2016, 04:11 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,019 Likes on 947 Posts
1999 E300TD
Bad news the mirror wiring harness,so called, is not sold separately---it's off to the junk yard!!
Old 05-23-2016, 04:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 929 Likes on 721 Posts
'99 and '05 E55 AMG
FWIW, I replaced the wiring loom on the driver's door of my W210. Took 2-3 hours to replace with removal of door panel, inside kick panel, and removal of wiring trough cover by the seat. Cost was approximately $240 for the harness and was only in stock in Germany with 3-week delivery time. You have to thread or fish the harness through the tube connecting the door to the chassis, then route it through the bodywork into the wiring trough by the seat. Multiple connections in the door. Disconnect the battery or you'll get a SRS error code caused when you disconnect the air bag; if you get the error code you will have to clear it with DAS.

The mirror is controlled by the door control module (DCM) and the DCM is controlled by the CANBUS. Should be no voltages applied to the mirror until the DCM activates the half-bridge driver circuits (one side goes to ground, the other goes to power. Reverse connection electronically to reverse direction of motor travel).

Be sure to check the harness between the DCM and the mirror motor. See the following link:
https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...tion-only.html