E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

intake port shutoff / software disable

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2016, 11:02 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
'06 e320cdi
intake port shutoff / software disable

I know for common problem of intake port shutoff. In the forums there are posts how to protect swirl motor.

Local service mechanics propose me something different. They advice me to disable/isolate functionality from software, just like EGR can be remove from software. They will stay open for ever, and this is not a problem for engine performance.

What do you think? What's the purpose of this to open/close airflow? If it's always open? Some cars don't have such things?
Old 06-22-2016, 04:32 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,019 Likes on 947 Posts
1999 E300TD
I would suggest that you read up on the process before you listen to a sheep herder trying to sell you an oil well----where do these folks come from!!

PSou have way too much time on your hands!!
Old 06-22-2016, 05:05 PM

'06 e320cdi
Originally Posted by Plutoe
I would suggest that you read up on the process before you listen to a sheep herder trying to sell you an oil well----where do these folks come from!!

PSou have way too much time on your hands!!
Plutoe, pls don't waste your time

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/crd-intake-swirl-turbo/97281-swirl-motor-cheap-replacement-solution-pennies.html#/forumsite/20672/topics/97281?page=1

Here in 300c forums there is is similar desicion. The difference is that they used emulators to avoid error signals/logs.

My preveous car was e270cdi with om647. It was with disabled EGR, and it was disabled in software of the ECU. It take 10 min to download/upload software from the car, to modife one/2 params so the car "think" EGR is not required at thr moment. I disabled it because car goes in limp mode, egr was broken. After that no more problems, no more limp mode. Same performance, maybe more loud engine.

My current w211 om642 is without DPF and again software disabled. When connect with DAS, car show clear dpf and high temp.(1200 C) on cold engine. I know thah emissions are higher, but performance is better.

My point is that if swirl flaps are not so important for engine work/ performance, they can be set to be open forever from software of the ECU and this will solve many problems.
Old 06-22-2016, 08:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 660 Likes on 477 Posts
2013 ML350 Bluetec
Keep us updated on how this works out for you. If it is something that can be done with STAR, post up how to do it. I'm interested...
Old 06-23-2016, 02:54 AM

'06 e320cdi
Originally Posted by rapidoxidation
Keep us updated on how this works out for you. If it is something that can be done with STAR, post up how to do it. I'm interested...
This kind of modification is not with DAS/Xentry. It's special programs, not official from the dealer. I saw whole process for EGR disable, it's not rocket science, you just need of correct software and know-how. In my country, to disable EGR cost me $20.

Here is another post from Sprinter forum, how they disable swirl flaps. Keep in mind, that people with Sprinters travel much more than family cars, they know better problems.
http://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24758

Once again, can someone with good knowledge to explain, what's the purpose of these flaps, and is there lost power, or fuel consumption incriease, if i open them permanently.