E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Rear differential rebuild 4matic Bearings pinion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2016, 06:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C320
Rear differential rebuild 4matic Bearings pinion

Grinding from the rear end? Not your outer wheel bearings? Then more than likely your pinion bearing. I can rebuild your rear differential if your pinion bearing has gone bad. I use all legitimate/genuine NTN Japanese bearings, not Chinese made knock offs. I also use MB seals and a new pinion nut. I recommend replacing all 4 of the bearings since everything comes out to replace the outer pinion anyway, but the carrier bearings are hardly ever bad, it would be the outer pinion 9 out of 10 times. Drop it to me or ship it to me and I will turn it around within 2 days, cleaned and resealed, good as new. Mercedes charges 2400.00 for the rebuilt Diffs. My price is well under half of that. If you need it removed from your car i can help with that but being local to me will only work in that case. Get in touch.
Old 07-25-2016, 08:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts
2009 E550 2000 Honda civic mash n' go
haha japanese bearings in a euro car.... NICE!
Old 07-25-2016, 09:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C320
Haha, that is who makes the OEM one for Mercedes. A Japanese bearing. HArley uses Japanese forks. Every maker uses world sourced items for their products, they don't make each but and bolt. These are genuine NTN japan bearings, they are top notch bearings, that is why mercedes uses them. There is a ton of chinese made fakes available via ebay or the internet but they are just that not OEM. The bearings I use are the exact same ones that come out of the diffs, you just cannot get them in the USA for proprietary reasons. I also use an upgraded pinion bearing that uses almost twice as many rollers as the one that is failing in these diffs. Still think a Japanese bearing is funny in a euro car, just look at what is in your Japanese car, they use the cheapest bearings and parts available, many from countries like Poland etc with some sketchy manufacturing history. Japan is not like the rest of Asia, I hope I don't need to explain their abilities to you...

Last edited by smp2010; 07-25-2016 at 09:04 PM.
Old 07-26-2016, 01:44 PM

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
2017 W166 GLE350, 2005 W163 ML350 Special Edition
NSK, a Japanese company that also produces in the US, is one of the finest bearing producers in the world.
Old 07-28-2016, 11:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts
2009 E550 2000 Honda civic mash n' go
Originally Posted by smp2010
Haha, that is who makes the OEM one for Mercedes. A Japanese bearing. HArley uses Japanese forks. Every maker uses world sourced items for their products, they don't make each but and bolt. These are genuine NTN japan bearings, they are top notch bearings, that is why mercedes uses them. There is a ton of chinese made fakes available via ebay or the internet but they are just that not OEM. The bearings I use are the exact same ones that come out of the diffs, you just cannot get them in the USA for proprietary reasons. I also use an upgraded pinion bearing that uses almost twice as many rollers as the one that is failing in these diffs. Still think a Japanese bearing is funny in a euro car, just look at what is in your Japanese car, they use the cheapest bearings and parts available, many from countries like Poland etc with some sketchy manufacturing history. Japan is not like the rest of Asia, I hope I don't need to explain their abilities to you...
Hahaha its all good, just funny seeing Japanese and MB in the same sentence.

Originally Posted by psnevets
NSK, a Japanese company that also produces in the US, is one of the finest bearing producers in the world.