E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Best place to buy wheels for 2003 w211

Old 09-20-2016, 02:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 ML350 4MATIC
Best place to buy wheels for 2003 w211

Hi there,

I currently have 18" aftermarket wheels on my w211 - installed by the previous owner.

I want to get 16" wheels, preferably with the part numbers
2114014502 or 2114011502

Those were on the Avantgarde editions in Europe.

In the USA, I could find a few, but OEM reconditioned companies sent me poor work, wheels with nicks in it, and even a replica where I had ordered an OEM reconditioned.

I'm attaching a picture.

After having this bad experience after a lot of research I am thinking a new, well made aftermarket replica will be better than those lousy reconditioned wheels.

Can you tell me a source for good quality replicas that meet/exceed Mercedes Benz standards?

Thanks!

Mercedes Benz original wheel 2114014502
Old 09-20-2016, 05:38 PM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
2014 CLS550
Hi Benzdom,
You will not find an aftermarket (replica) wheel that is certified to meet OEM requirements. The quality certifications are what actually drive the cost up so, replica wheels offer a cost saving advantage, at the sacrifice of quality.
Have you tried Mercedes directly for new wheels? Your car is 13 years old but you might find a set.
We in New England have some great wheel restoration shops. Some specialize in German made wheels and dealers use them for repairs, straightening, etc.

Rick H
Old 09-21-2016, 10:39 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
E240 -2003 E55 AMG -2005
Originally Posted by Benzdom
Hi there,

I currently have 18" aftermarket wheels on my w211 - installed by the previous owner.

I want to get 16" wheels, preferably with the part numbers
2114014502 or 2114011502

Those were on the Avantgarde editions in Europe.

In the USA, I could find a few, but OEM reconditioned companies sent me poor work, wheels with nicks in it, and even a replica where I had ordered an OEM reconditioned.

I'm attaching a picture.

After having this bad experience after a lot of research I am thinking a new, well made aftermarket replica will be better than those lousy reconditioned wheels.

Can you tell me a source for good quality replicas that meet/exceed Mercedes Benz standards?

Thanks!

Mercedes Benz original wheel 2114014502
I've got an exact OEM set of 4(refurbished) if you can pick up from New Zealand
Old 09-22-2016, 12:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,729 Likes on 1,379 Posts
1922 Ford Model T / no OBD
I ended up with 2 sets of factory wheels for our 2008 model.
They have small curb rush, but other than that, clean and with factory TPMS.
Let me know if that might work for you.
This is how they look
Old 09-27-2016, 11:17 PM

2010 ML350 4MATIC
Originally Posted by rick hesek
Hi Benzdom,
You will not find an aftermarket (replica) wheel that is certified to meet OEM requirements. The quality certifications are what actually drive the cost up so, replica wheels offer a cost saving advantage, at the sacrifice of quality.
Have you tried Mercedes directly for new wheels? Your car is 13 years old but you might find a set.
We in New England have some great wheel restoration shops. Some specialize in German made wheels and dealers use them for repairs, straightening, etc.

Rick H
Yes, Rick, I could get the set for $ 1450.00 plus customs - which is a bit too much I must say.

Here in the USA I am practically limited tot he boring regular wheel.

The attempts to get the wheels OEM reconditioned failed:

attempt 1 : 1 wheel bent, one wheel bad paint with bubbles, one wheel a replica (!), one wheel canceled by vendor

attempt 2: 1 wheel is on its way, a new wheel, but wheels 2,3,4 have been canceled by the vendor on eBay. When I ordered they showed 8 available, and then they couldn't find a single one. That's because most eBay seller don't even own the wheels they sell, but only access a general wheel database and post the wheels from there for sale, often not being well informed by actual stock.
Old 09-27-2016, 11:18 PM

2010 ML350 4MATIC
Originally Posted by nivram13
I've got an exact OEM set of 4(refurbished) if you can pick up from New Zealand
Always wanted to visit New Zealand! Too bad that shipping would cost a fortune.
Old 09-27-2016, 11:19 PM

2010 ML350 4MATIC
Originally Posted by kajtek1
I ended up with 2 sets of factory wheels for our 2008 model.
They have small curb rush, but other than that, clean and with factory TPMS.
Let me know if that might work for you.
This is how they look
My car doesn't have TPMS, unfortunately.
Old 09-27-2016, 11:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,729 Likes on 1,379 Posts
1922 Ford Model T / no OBD
You don't need to have TPMS receiver to drive on wheels with TMPS sensors.
I did not check it yet , but I assume the holes are pretty standard and TPMS are replaceable by standard valves.
TPMS do have some value on its own.
Anyway, first time I saw those wheels - my reaction was so-so, but later I found they are made by my fellow folks in Poland and being very practical for cleaning -they grew up on me.
That's how I ended up with 2 sets of them.
Old 09-28-2016, 12:25 PM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
2014 CLS550
Originally Posted by Benzdom
Always wanted to visit New Zealand! Too bad that shipping would cost a fortune.
Well, a trip to New Zealand sounds great but may not be cost effective.
I know you had less than satisfaction with buying refinished wheels but your options are getting slim.
Try the companies listed below. They are very good at what they do. Their price for a full set of wheels may equal OEM but could be much cheaper, also.

http://www.rimpro.com/products.html

http://www.wheelcollision.com/store/...212CHASSIS.htm

http://www.wheelsandcaps.com/default.aspx

I do not have experience with any of these companies. Somebody here may and hopefully will chime in with an opinion.
I have had a bad experience with a 4th company, not listed here, since I don't recommend them.

Rick H
Old 09-28-2016, 01:03 PM

2010 ML350 4MATIC
Thanks, Rick and Kajtek.

I actually found a supplier in England where I can get brand new original Mercedes wheels.

Together with the one wheel (out of four) that the eBay (also brand new) I will have a set together, and it will cost me $ 1000.00

30% more than budgeted, but that thing with reconditioned wheels is just too unreliable and it's wasting my time and energy. And they are new then.

Rick, Wheels and caps sent me one wheel that had a bad finish (with bubbles underneath the paint that will lead to corrosion) and one replica instead of the promised OEM, and I had to send them a ton of pictures and be insistent that they finally understood that a wheel without Mercedes part number is not a Mercedes wheel, and that "engineered in Germany" is not the same as "made in Germany" and that Mercedes does not print weird lettering on the OUTSIDE of their wheel. Not a good company.