E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

The Retrofit Source 2stroke Led Bulbs Review (D2s) Projector

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2016, 12:07 AM

Received 43 Likes on 21 Posts
2005 E320 CDI
The Retrofit Source 2stroke Led Bulbs Review (D2s) Projector

Want to give a nice and easy review on the the Retrofit Source New 2Stroke Led Lights. A while back I replaced my factory H7 projectors in my 2005 W211 CDI. For the Upgraded ones from TRFS MORIMOTO EVOX-R. You can read-up on that swap here.

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...der-150-a.html

During that time I have switched Leds and I am always willing to try new LEDS, Being a D2s setup does not give me a ton of options.
My old bulbs are called the P6 Led bulb which uses a Philips Luxeon led, compared to TRFS Cree XHP series led.

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/d2...o-2stroke.html TRFS bulbs found here.

Long Story Short here are photos of the new leds vs the old ones. In as little as possible these lights are quality, nice heavy feel and soil copper cooling as it states.

When installing install the O adapter first then screw the bulb into the socket that the O adapter is clipped into.

My only grip or question is how come they didn't use the XHP70 that are newer and brighter the XHP50 they are using now.

Final thought the new TRFS bulbs are more concentrated possibly due to the shorter body and design of placement of the leds. As seen in the photos below the Cree has a cleaner cut then the Phillips. Also I can trust the warranty on the TRFS bulbs. However will be ticked if the come out with another bulb in a year that is brighter.
Both make around 5000 lumens a bulb or 10,000 total lumens.
If are looking for Leds don't get cheap ebay ones buy from a reputable dealer, or certified bulb such as Cree.

If you are wondering what is in the other box it was the adapter and rubber bushing the adapter you need the bushing have no place to fit on the Mercedes.

Last thing to mention when looking for car leds don't pick up those old Mt-G2 Cree led bulbs. They were nice when they came out however they are old technology right now and have horrible hot spots no nice uniform light.
The MT-G2 leds are those silver ones with the big yellow spot on them
These Don't buy these.

Phillips Left Cree Right

Phillips Left Cree Right

Phillips Left Cree Right

Phillips Left Cree Right

Possible like to get a set for my fog lights since they are also projector in the future.

Last edited by CDIJeff; 09-26-2016 at 01:18 PM.
Old 03-06-2017, 10:51 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2005 W211 320 CDI
So, without taking the projectors out, these will not be just a plug and play?
Old 03-06-2017, 11:31 AM

Received 43 Likes on 21 Posts
2005 E320 CDI
No, the factory projectors were H7. However now some online companies have made H7 LED Headlight Bulb Holder Adapter For Benz. So you can run a led without doing anything, however those wont be as bright as a D2s. Well I can't say not as bright. The high beams wont be since with D2s projectors the shroud moves and allows for more light with H7.

Last edited by CDIJeff; 03-06-2017 at 11:57 AM.
Old 02-20-2019, 02:19 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 C300 Sport 4Matic
EDIT: Sorry. Posted this in the wrong place.

Hi,

I found a Hylux HID kit from the site below and was wondering what the difference is between these and the kit Azn Optics is selling. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

https://hidkitpros.com/shop/2015-201...am-hid-system/

Last edited by jashic81; 02-20-2019 at 02:28 PM.