W211 E320 CAN bus issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2016, 08:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 E320 2003
W211 E320 CAN bus issue

Dear All,

I posted the same trouble under title "Remote control inactive after delay time" but now I discovered the cause of the problem as follows:

I purchased an after market DVD unit type HL-8797GB with CAN interface and I purchased also a fiber optic converter to be able to use the original fiber optic Becker amplifier. My car is Mercedes W211 E320 2003.

After installation, everything was working fine. However, if I lock the car for about 10-15 minutes the remote key becomes inactive. So I have to open with the mechanical key. As soon as I put the remote in the ignition (EIS), it becomes active again.

At the electrical workshop, we discovered that the connection of both CAN from the new unit and the original fiber optic amplifier is making some kind of conflict. These two signals were connected in parallel at the input of the AGW in the rear of the car. So we disconnected the CAN unit of the new HL-8797 unit and the remote problem was solved. Unfortunately now I lost the steering wheel commands.

Can anyone tell me is it still possible to connect the CAN interface for steering wheel command? And what could be the relation with the remote control deactivation. Any wiring diagrams available?
Thanks