E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

82mm TB stuck at WOT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2017, 12:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 Mercedes e55 AMG
Angry 82mm TB stuck at WOT

So I have had problems back to back to back with my e55. I was told there was an issue with the TB, so I decided to upgrade to the 82mm TB (MB) and matching snout. After that, the car started to misfire are run super rich to the point where it soiled all my sparkplugs. I replaced them all and was told it was a bad map sensor. After changing the map sensor we realized the car was running rich due to the 82mm TB staying at WOT at idle. Idle was also very low. When I revved it, the car would hesitate and then take a while for rpms to drop after they went up. What could cause this?? I changed out the TB cable to Phil's from VRP for the new TB but for some reason the car continues to run rich due to malfunctioning TB. Not sure if it matters but I upgraded to the dual cold air intake, also from VRP.( Not much of an upgrade...) PLEASE HELP!! Lol The high performance shop has no clue what is going on and the local stealership is reluctant to touch the car because the issue seems to surround an upgraded part and because of all the other upgrades on the car. Have been searching high and low for the answer to this issue and the e55 AMG facebook group im in told me to come to you guys..so here I am, after 2 months of the AMG in the shop. Any relevant feedback is greatly appreciated!
Old 01-10-2017, 05:38 PM

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
E55 amg
I asked and asked ill ask one more time lol who tuned it?
Old 01-10-2017, 05:42 PM

2003 Mercedes e55 AMG
Eurocharged

Originally Posted by oneslow55
I asked and asked ill ask one more time lol who tuned it?
Lol I answered you already man. I said it was tuned by a flash tune from Eurocharged. I have no tuners by me in AL that will touch a Mercedes so I figured that to be my best option.
Old 01-11-2017, 09:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 105 Likes on 99 Posts
CLS 55 AMG E500 99 ML320
On the E55 forum you can find what each pin in the plug does, as some TB's are different. Also the bypass valve has the exact same plug and they can get mixed up. I believe the TB wire has a blue tag on it and the other one does't.
Old 01-11-2017, 10:23 AM

2003 Mercedes e55 AMG
Originally Posted by StarvingArtist
On the E55 forum you can find what each pin in the plug does, as some TB's are different. Also the bypass valve has the exact same plug and they can get mixed up. I believe the TB wire has a blue tag on it and the other one does't.

So youre saying that I would have to change the pins on a 82mm s550 TB? I thought you only swap pins on a non MB TB. And yeah, I have to take the car to the ship to analyze whats going on. What are the symptoms of the bypass cable is swapped with the TB cable?
Old 01-11-2017, 07:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 105 Likes on 99 Posts
CLS 55 AMG E500 99 ML320
I don't think the pinout is different on another MB throttle body, but I don't really know. The bypass valve is fully open at idle, that's what made me think of it, but I've never mixed them up to see what the symptoms would be.

You should really post in the correct forum, I'm just over here because I bought an E500 4matic for winter driving.