E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Garage Door Opener Works Finally !!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2004, 11:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E500 w/ AMG Sport Package
Garage Door Opener Works Finally !!!!!

I cant remember who posted the following on this forum but it works great. All you guys rock. Damn, you're better than the dealership....Thanks again

The following worked for me after 3 months of trying everything:

You must have a LiftMaster opener with ROLLING CODE, like me. It took me awhile to figure things out, and the MB manual is not entirely clear regarding the need to repeat steps in some systems. OK, here's what I did to make things work:

1) Erase the car's homelink memory by pressing and holding the two outer homelink buttons for at least 20 seconds, then release.

2) Step up onto the ladder. Press and release the learn button once on your garage opener motor. You have 30 seconds to do step 3.

3) Press and hold the homelink button you want AND THEN press and hold the orginal Liftmaster remote button until the garage opener light blinks twice (should blink within 2 seconds of pressing your Liftmaster remote button). Release.

4) Step up onto the ladder again. Press and release the learn button once. Go back to the car.

5) Press and hold the same homelink button as in step 3. Within 2 seconds, you should notice the garage opener light blink twice.

Congratuations, your homelink button has been trained.
Old 08-07-2004, 12:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Check Out Home Links Instructions

http://www.homelink.com/program/hlmanual.pdf
Old 08-08-2004, 05:31 PM

ML-350, Maserati Quattroporte
Originally Posted by Barry45RPM
For those of us with a liftmaster it seems like the critical step not mentioned in the manual or in the liftmaster instructions is to train home link to your garage door opener. I also learned how to do this from lyrixmajor's post. Definitly one of the best things about these forums.
Old 08-16-2004, 04:45 PM

SL500 E320 ML350
There was also a tip in addition to those above. Instead of using a ladder and sprinting back to the vehicle to do the next step, one owner opened his sunroof and programmed the thing in his garage by reaching through the open roof. I'm not about to kneel on my ash leather seats though!!
Old 08-17-2004, 07:25 AM

LEXUS
This is good news. Where is the learn button on liftmaster garage opener motor? On the side with the antenna? Did you need to remove the cover to the light to find the learn button? Is the button labeled 'learn'? I cannot locate that button. My liftmaster is 6 months old.
Old 08-17-2004, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by slipnby
This is good news. Where is the learn button on liftmaster garage opener motor? On the side with the antenna? Did you need to remove the cover to the light to find the learn button? Is the button labeled 'learn'? I cannot locate that button. My liftmaster is 6 months old.
Remove the light cover on the left ( when your back is to the garage door) and you will see a small red button that's marked. There is a tiny bulb below it that indicates that it't activated. Good luck.
Old 08-22-2004, 04:38 PM
drb

03 E320, sport package, moon roof, sound upgrade, brilliant silver, charcoal leather, heated seats..
Thanks

Finally, the homelink worked with the liftmaster. The key step was to have the car ignition on. Thanks for the post.
Old 12-02-2006, 05:36 PM

'03 E55
Thank you!!

Good God! I was at this for hours with no success, and this worked in 2 minutes!! Those Germans make awesome cars, but their owner's manual drafting leaves a lot to be desired. Anyone able to get this programming process out of the owners manual is a better man/woman than me.

Anyhow, thanks for the great advice.

Silver E55, Charcoal leather.
Old 12-02-2006, 11:35 PM

pretty cool that you found this so long after the origional post. Probably the best find I had with my E. They figured it out later on . My R500 was fine. No program issues.
Old 12-03-2006, 01:22 PM

'16 528i MSport
Lucky for you, I still havent managed to get mine to work...

I've tried everything in the book and had our SA come to our house to test it but to no avail.
Old 12-03-2006, 01:23 PM

'16 528i MSport
JPrescott, how do you find your Audi A8L? We're stuck between the S550 and the a8L...
Old 12-04-2006, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by DaCeptak0n
JPrescott, how do you find your Audi A8L? We're stuck between the S550 and the a8L...
Sorry the homelink is not working. No big deal. My wife's R500 has it working but she wont use it because it messes up her rear view mirror.

S550 vs A8L... I'm 43 and never felt comfortable driving my 2000 S430. As we all know on these boards, a car is as much emotion as materialism. The S is a better car in many ways but I feel "right" in the A8L. I am bummed that the new S is more stodgy than the last one. A8L lease is up in a year. I'd like an S but still don't think I'm old enough. Another A8, 7 series may be more up my alley. I'll keep it open. By then the 7 will be retro. To answer your question, the big picture is that my A8L is the 1st car I have had with NO! problems after a year. I love the drive, the gadgets the unique style, the understated elegance( it's not in your face). I have had 4 prior MB's and they all had problems. I swore them out of our life untill we stumbled on a deal for our R500. Happy with it so far. So in the end I will probably go A8L again and then pick up the next gen 7 series.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:50 PM

E500
Garage door opener for 2003 E500 finally works!!!

I know this is an old post but I had to thank you lyrixmajor! The MB manual instructions are written by a 5 year old.

I have a Liftmaster with a rolling code. After hours spent on programming the remote I was ready to give up until I found this post. Worked from the first try. great post, thanks again!!!!!!!
Old 01-10-2012, 06:19 PM

w211 e550
awesome post, have always had liftmaster garage door openers, nice to have this feature working
Old 05-07-2015, 09:07 PM

GL450 2010
Reply to an old post (homelink)

[Thank you lyric major, I did used your steps for GL450 and old Craftsman model 139.53990 and it works ][/QUOTE]
Originally Posted by lyrixmajor
I cant remember who posted the following on this forum but it works great. All you guys rock. Damn, you're better than the dealership....Thanks again

Old 05-15-2015, 11:35 PM

S550
Thank you!

After owning THREE mercedes and never being able to program the garage door...your simple instructions programmed it!! Thank you!
Old 07-08-2018, 03:23 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2011 GL350 (Sold), 2014 GL350
Originally Posted by lyrixmajor

it is unfortunately not working with 2014 GL350.

Old 07-16-2021, 10:42 PM

Received 93 Likes on 69 Posts
2007 E63 Amg
Doesn’t work with my w211 E63 for some reason.
Old 07-17-2021, 11:40 AM
rbm

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
2008 E300 4MATIC
You have to have a compatible garage door opener for the W211 MB Homelink to work. There are several technologies developed over the years for wireless remote openers. You can tell which technology you have by the color of the learn button or even the color of the antenna.
Yellow = Security+ 2.0 technology
Purple = Security+ 315 MHz technology
Red or Orange = Security+ 390 Mhz Rolling Code technology
Green = Billion Code technology

W211 works with Security+ 390 Mhz Rolling Code technology and Billion Code technology. It won't work natively with Security+ 2.0 technology or Security+ 315 MHz technology. To get your Homelink to work with the newer technologies, you'll need to buy and install a converter in the garage (such as a Homelink RPTR or Liftmaster 850LM or Liftmaster 811LM) that will translate your W211 rolling code to a compatible command for the opener.
Old 07-17-2021, 08:30 PM

Received 93 Likes on 69 Posts
2007 E63 Amg
Originally Posted by rbm
You have to have a compatible garage door opener for the W211 MB Homelink to work. There are several technologies developed over the years for wireless remote openers. You can tell which technology you have by the color of the learn button or even the color of the antenna.
Yellow = Security+ 2.0 technology
Purple = Security+ 315 MHz technology
Red or Orange = Security+ 390 Mhz Rolling Code technology
Green = Billion Code technology

W211 works with Security+ 390 Mhz Rolling Code technology and Billion Code technology. It won't work natively with Security+ 2.0 technology or Security+ 315 MHz technology. To get your Homelink to work with the newer technologies, you'll need to buy and install a converter in the garage (such as a Homelink RPTR or Liftmaster 850LM or Liftmaster 811LM) that will translate your W211 rolling code to a compatible command for the opener.
I have liftmaster with 882LMW multi function control panel. It blinks orange when the learn is pushed. I was able to get it work with the MyQ app on my phone but no luck with the homelink.
Old 07-17-2021, 10:48 PM
rbm

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
2008 E300 4MATIC
So, it sounds like your opener is not compatible with earlier remote protocols but compatible with MyQ. Homelink still needs to talk over a compatible protocol and MyQ is not that protocol. The multifunction control panel is not the device with which the Homelink is trying to pair.You'll still need an aftermarket converter.
Old 07-19-2021, 02:26 PM

Received 130 Likes on 105 Posts
20' RCF, 18' NX, 09' E350, 07' Solara, 05' STi, 01' Ranger
Arrow

I posted this in on thread before but a lot of times what is needed is the homelink bridge.

Copy and Paste from other threads:

still can't get this to work at all with my liftmasters.

I've done everything here.

I clear out the presets so that then the led flashes rapidly.

I go to my garage door opener since it has the learn button on it. I push it. It lights up orange.

I then go back into the car, push and hold the first button on the left, and hit the remote garage button that's already programmed to the door. Light flashes twice.

I go back to the garage door opener, push the learn button so it lights up orange.

Go back into the car and push the first button on the mirror.... nothing happens. It illuminates in the car but nothing happens to the light inside the garage.

Surely it can't be this difficult. What am I missing?

I've tried the following instructions here, MB command instructions and Liftmaster instructions listed above. Nothing works.

According to liftmaster they changed their code to 2.0+ or something like that in 2011. Then on homelink's site they indicate the following:
"If your HomeLink programming was unsuccessful, you may need a HomeLink Compatibility Bridge Kit which will allow your garage door opener to be compatible with HomeLink. Please contact us for more information."

Edit 2:
I called homelink, explained the problem.

He said the homelink in our 2009 is older than the liftmaster technology of the garage openers.

I need the following:
https://www.amazon.com/LiftMaster-85...keywords=855lm

The remote control will talk to the MB homelink and then the homelink in the MB will talk with the repeater which in tern will talk to the on wall control of the liftmaster...

DAMN!

It's cheap at 23 bucks.

Ordered and will report back once I get it.

-Nigel

Had the 855LM home link repeater waiting for me.

SUPER easy to make this work with liftmasters or anything that has the newer 2.0+ security.

Kit comes with plug in repeater, and remote. The remote is ONLY used to link up the home link button in the car, that's it. It will not open the garage door.

Steps I followed:

1. Cleared out current home link buttons in car.
2. Hold down first home link button, and repeater opener, led starts flashing slow, then rapidly. Once flashing rapidly let go of both buttons.
3. Plug in repeater to wall outlet. (They say close to garage doors, currently mine is on the back wall until I make an out let in the ceiling.)
4. Go to remote control wall panel and push the learn button.
5. Go back into car and push what ever home link button you want to open the garage door.
6. Garage door light turns on. Push home link button one last time. ( I had to hold hte button down for 1.5 seconds).
7. Door opens or closes depending on where it was. (I had it already opened so it closed).

Do same process for other buttons or if you have multiple garage doors. You can skip step 3 since it's already plugged in.

Tested many times and it works great!

Took literately all of 30 seconds to do with this device!

Hope this helps anyone in the future. It's nice not having to have a garage remote control in the car honestly. Very clean looking and nice that the home link buttons work. This would probably make sense that our 05' clk didn't work with home link because I didn't have this device.

-Nigel