E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

UHI & Bluetooth

Old 12-11-2004, 05:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB S350CDI 4matic
UHI & Bluetooth

I am from the Czech Rep. and have a 2005 E320 CDI Station with practically all options incl. Command and the new phone stuff UHI. In the SERV menu of the Command there is a Bluetooth option and nobody down here has figured out for what it is. I have paired a phone with it but nothing, I have paired a PDA with it and nothing, I have even paired a headset and nothing. Has anyone experience with this option? Thanks for any help.
Old 12-11-2004, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by wushik
I am from the Czech Rep. and have a 2005 E320 CDI Station with practically all options incl. Command and the new phone stuff UHI. In the SERV menu of the Command there is a Bluetooth option and nobody down here has figured out for what it is. I have paired a phone with it but nothing, I have paired a PDA with it and nothing, I have even paired a headset and nothing. Has anyone experience with this option? Thanks for any help.
There isn't a lot you can do with the BT profile in a MB. You should be able to dial from your PDA using PocketInformant Contacts. I also heard that a BT headset should work in order to make a privat conversation while the phone still in the cradle. And thats about it... And welcome to the forum
Old 12-11-2004, 05:53 PM

MB S350CDI 4matic
Thanks. I notice that if the BT headset is switched on and paired with my phone (T630) docked in the UHI craddle the MB ignores calls and they are all directed to the BT headset. I assume that the MB BT Profile would do the same for phones without bluetooth...
I was kind of hoping that you could pair bluetooth phones with the MB without the need of a craddle... Well, I guess next generation. Being a BMW 5-series convert this is the only think I miss... Otherwise I must say the MB is superior!