E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

replaced smartkey batteries, now keyless go doesn't work

Old 01-26-2005, 01:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E320
replaced smartkey batteries, now keyless go doesn't work

a week ago i started getting the low battery warning. i read the manual and it shows how to replace the batteries so i bought the batteries from the local store and replaced them.

now the keyless go doesn't work. the key works if i put it in the ignition but the doors won't open automatically, the buttons on the key don't lock/unlock the doors from outside, and pushing the button to start the ignition doesn't work. they all say key not recognized.

is there anything i need to do to make this work? otherwise it's back to the dealer...

Rock.
Old 01-26-2005, 01:44 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
**SOLD***2003 E500
I am really not being a wise *** here, but I'll bet at the risk of sounding like one, that you have the batteries installed backwards or wrong. They only go in one way.

Randy
Old 01-28-2005, 09:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E500
Hi,

I have keyless go on my 03' E500. I have change the batteries on my smartkey, no problem. Wondering why you have that problem..... Can you still use remote to lock and unlock your car? If no power, that pretty much means you install the batteries wrong.

If the batteries are good, then send it in for warranty service.