E-Class (W211) 2003-2009
Old 06-15-2015, 07:08 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Lighting Guides
Print Wikipost

How to change the fog light bulb in W211?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 05:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to change the fog light bulb in W211?

Hey guys:
I am new to the forum also a newbie to own an E class. i am wondering how to change the fog light bulbs since in the owner's manual, it states that requires dealer service. Any one on the forum has gone thru that, procedure or photos? Thanks in advance.
Old 02-21-2005, 05:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C200K (w204)
Not sure about E, but i'm pretty sure it's similar to C class. Basically wat u need to do is to remove the inner fender lining by removing some clip. After it has been removed, it's a breeze, just twist and unplug i suppose.
Old 02-21-2005, 06:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E500
Originally Posted by rayster
Hey guys:
I am new to the forum also a newbie to own an E class. i am wondering how to change the fog light bulbs since in the owner's manual, it states that requires dealer service. Any one on the forum has gone thru that, procedure or photos? Thanks in advance.

Here is my quick description on how to change fog light bulbs on an '05 E500. Now if you have an AMG W211. This description probably would not apply as I know the AMG's have a completly different bumper and set of fog lights.

Good luck! Let me know if you have any questions.

The fog lamps were probably the easiest to access for the swap. No need to jack the car up. Slide your head and a good flashlight under the front bumper directly under where the fogs are located. You'll see a plasctic panel the runs the entire length of the bumper, directly under the location of the fogs there are "pre-cut" access panels that are held shut by to small plastic screws that when turned a quarter turn will allow the access panel flip open, reach in and swap the bulbs.

cheers,
J-