E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

W212 Rear Camber Kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 04:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 575 Likes on 430 Posts
W212 FL
I was thinking of using Eibach lowering springs with my stock tires .

245 45 R17 . I didn't realize lowering springs could be problem unless you go further than suggested . So, I think I need a 2nd thought lol
Old 04-17-2012, 07:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 E550
My car is lowered, and has a tiny bit "butterfly" look in the rear and my alignment is a bit off, pulls to the right. (will get it aligned on my next service)
Old 04-17-2012, 08:40 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
W211 E320 & W212 E550
Originally Posted by GermanCars
Unfortunately a lot of the people on this forum, while big time Mercedes enthusiasts, are not that familier how mechanical systems work. And how a simple ride height adjustment can change camber and toe-in.
True that but most people will ask for assistance if they don't know the answer. But there are a couple (maybe just 1?) to claim to know more than anyone else and have never done it or been there.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:25 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 GLE400
Originally Posted by RNBRAD
True that but most people will ask for assistance if they don't know the answer. But there are a couple (maybe just 1?) to claim to know more than anyone else and have never done it or been there.
The purpose of my post was to point out that many of the vendor's potential customers are not aware of such things camber gain, spring frequency, joust and rebound, bump steer, etc. Many don't know enough to form a question, let alone search for an answer. Again, it is not a criticism, just an observation. I was merely suggesting the vendor could be more proactive in the promotion of his product by better educating his potential customer as to why they may gain benefit from it.

Please tell me sir how many vehicles you have aligned, lowered, jacked, or otherwise changed to suite a customer's or your own needs, wish's, or wet dreams. I included my credentials to hopefully subvert a side-liner's cheap shot about my post concerning many participants on this and other forums lack of working knowledge of suspension systems, as well as other automotive systems. I won't bore you with details of my almost 40 years of experience modifying and maintaining competition and street cars for myself and paying customers. Suffice to say I know more than some, less than others. However, if you wish to discourage the sharing of knowledge from those who have done to those who wish to, then bash away. For what end I have no idea.

Last edited by GermanCars; 04-19-2012 at 12:03 AM.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:44 AM

W211 E320 & W212 E550
The purpose of my post was to point out that many of the vendor's potential customers are not aware of such things camber gain, spring frequency, joust and rebound, bump steer, etc. Many don't know enough to form a question, let alone search for an answer. Again, it is not a criticism, just an observation. I was merely suggesting the vendor could be more proactive in the promotion of his product by better educating his potential customer as to why they may gain benefit from it.

Please tell me sir how many vehicles you have aligned, lowered, jacked, or otherwise changed to suite a customer's or your own needs, wish's, or wet dreams. I included my credentials to hopefully subvert a side-liner's cheap shot about my post concerning many participants on this and other forums lack of working knowledge of suspension systems, as well as other automotive systems. I won't bore you with details of my almost 40 years of experience modifying and maintaining competition and street cars for myself and paying customers. Suffice to say I know more than some, less than others. However, if you wish to discourage the sharing of knowledge from those who have done to those who wish to, then bash away. For what end I have no idea.
Well first off my post was not anywhere directed toward you but really in support of your comment. However, if you read through the posts in this thread it is pretty easy to see who I am talking about. There is someone in this thread that just thinks Ghostrider is just trying to sell his products cause he in fact knows there is not a problem or he would of heard about it.
Sorry for the confusion but my comment was directed at him as he has no clue about "how mechanical systems work".
Old 04-19-2012, 07:53 PM

2016 GLE400
Well first off my post was not anywhere directed toward you but really in support of your comment. However, if you read through the posts in this thread it is pretty easy to see who I am talking about. There is someone in this thread that just thinks Ghostrider is just trying to sell his products cause he in fact knows there is not a problem or he would of heard about it.
Sorry for the confusion but my comment was directed at him as he has no clue about "how mechanical systems work".
Sorry back at you. I guess I should have asked first

https://www.msu.edu/user/svoboda1/ta...ds/talk2me.wav
Old 04-19-2012, 08:05 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK430
GC your candor is appreciated.

Old 04-19-2012, 08:06 PM
Banned

CLK430
As is yours!!

Old 04-19-2012, 08:07 PM
Banned

CLK430
Originally Posted by Yosheego
My car is lowered, and has a tiny bit "butterfly" look in the rear and my alignment is a bit off, pulls to the right. (will get it aligned on my next service)
The rear arms are not adjustable so you will be told that they can't align your vehicle to factory specs for camber.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:07 PM

W211 E320 & W212 E550
Sorry back at you. I guess I should have asked first

https://www.msu.edu/user/svoboda1/ta...ds/talk2me.wav
Lol, it's all good!!
Old 04-21-2014, 02:30 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
SL450
I need a kit, where do I get it?
Old 04-21-2014, 03:08 PM

2013 E350
Is the camber in the rear axle not adjustable during an alignment? I've had camber kits on japanese cars, but never had to get one for my euros as they've had adjustment available in the rear axle.
Old 04-22-2014, 12:51 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
SL450
Hi guys, I need to install a rear camber kit for my w212 to protect of abnormal wearing rear tires , I see some people offering rear adjustable camber arms and some other offering camber kit for camber and toe, they are bushings.....
some body can tell me what to buy ...???
thanks in advance..
AC
Old 12-26-2014, 12:31 AM
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2016 AMG S65, AMG GL63, 2012 AMG E63 With AMS Alpha 9 Package, Renntech 200 Catted Downpipes.
Hi Ghostrider. I own a 2011 Mercedes E350 ( W212 ) Sedan lower on H&R Sport Spings and 20" Vossen CTX wheels. If these will offset my car, please PM me MBfourm member pricing. I went thought a pair rear Hankook V12 in 6 months and less than 12,000 miles.

Here is a photo of my car for reference:

Originally Posted by Ghostrider@P1 Performance
Hello W212'ers!!!

There is an increasing number of members that are now beginning to lower their cars. With lowering comes negative camber. With negative camber comes tire wear. With tire wear comes the dreaded PTBS or Premature Tire Buying Syndrome. This condition may cause a decrease in available cash for other cool car stuff.

Here we go!!! Attached you will find pictures of the complete kit.

Kit Price: $275 shipped to the lower 48 states.

Includes:

(2) 6061-T6 Aluminum Hex Rods
(4) Squeak Free (SqF) Ends
(4) Lock Nuts

Models:

E200 CDI
E200 CGI
E220 CDI
E250 CDI
E250 CDI 4MATIC
E250 CGI
E300
E350
E350 4MATIC
E350 Bluetec
E350 CDI
E350 CDI 4MATIC
E350 CGI
E500
E550

Old 12-26-2014, 07:33 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,351 Likes on 2,807 Posts
2012 CLS63
I hear Shardul makes good ones too: on this site, heavy duty stuff
Old 12-28-2014, 12:13 PM
Banned

2016 AMG S65, AMG GL63, 2012 AMG E63 With AMS Alpha 9 Package, Renntech 200 Catted Downpipes.
Thank you. Waiting on their PM.

Originally Posted by hyperion667
I hear Shardul makes good ones too: on this site, heavy duty stuff
Old 01-07-2015, 11:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ghostrider@P1 Performance
As much as I would like to, I can't make people post and have to respect that decision. W212 kits have been sold and installed. Also, if anyone wants to try and buy, I would even cut them a break if they posted.
Please PM me this special price and I'll post pics before and after install. I lowered my 2011 E350 Sedan with H&R Sport Spings and 20" Vossen wheels. Only after 6 months and less than 12,000 miles, I had to get new rears. Different shops tell me the same thing.

1: You are suppose to get your car realign 1-2 months after you lower you car and the lowering spings have settle in which I was not told by the shop I bought my wheels and springs from. I only got them realigned after about 6 months and I was told by MB when it was getting service that my rears are bold.

2: Like the post says. Negative chamber happens when you lower your car, some more than others. Some say they can go 1 year before tires need to be changed, but my only took 6 month.

I would be more than happy to report the progress on your thread with pics. if I can get a killer price ship to 91765.

Please PM me with pricing for my car to my zip code.
Many thanks.
Old 01-13-2015, 01:53 AM
SPONSOR

Received 145 Likes on 115 Posts
Mercedes-Benz CLK 550
Fact is “Full front and rear wheel alignment” is no more!
Since the mid ‘90 model’s, with the ever increasing speed of vehicle assembly lines there has been no front or rear Camber (or front Caster) adjustment facility fitted OEM
Only current adjustment is front and rear Toe and situations where there is still insufficient rear Toe once the issue of lack of Camber adjustment is overcome!

To attempt to return vehicle to factory specs to resolve costly premature inner edge tire wear, improve traction, and fix steering pull the only current alternative for Camber and Caster is to fit offset, slotted bolts (for the front only). But these are inaccurate - one only position bolts - offering a minimal .3 of one degree adjustment (3mm / 1/8”).

It’s no wonder many owners continually change tire brands or go from one MB Dealer or alignment shop to another trying to get it right/fix the problem!

We saw the need therefore "to fix it right the first time" by designing, developing, patenting (and re-instating from the 1990's) fully adjustable front (and rear) suspension for virtually all models.

The current K-MAC kits have up to 4 times the adjustment of these one only position offset bolts (both Positive or Negative). And unlike these one position bolts that require labour intensive jacking and disassembly each time to alter. K-MAC kits only require use of a single wrench to accurately adjust on car (under load) direct on alignment rack.

Providing “ongoing” full, precise adjustment of both Camber and Caster settings if altering suspension height, fitting wide profile tires/wheels, curb knock damage or being able to quickly fine tune/change specs on race days (extra Negative/plus track width to go deeper into the corners/lower lap times). The unique K-MAC patented design only requires use of the single wrench/no disassembly.

For the rear, similar kits are manufactured for precise Camber adjustment (with additional Toe to compensate for the new Camber facility). Importantly unlike the alternative rear adjustable Camber control arms available K-MAC kits do not move top of tire outwards - this reducing essential clearance top of tire to outer fender when adjusting to fix premature inner edge tire wear/improve rear traction.

Also instead of spherical bearings as used on control arms which prematurely pound out allowing metal to metal contact, at K-MAC we have developed long life elastomer bushings.
Bonus with the four front and four rear bushes is that they are also designed with twice the load bearing area and replace the highest wearing suspension bushings. And with K-MAC no special tools are required to fit.
Note (Product background re bushings): Majority OEM bushes have air voids to allow 2 axis movement. So control arms can travel through their required arcs without binding, locking up.
Essential with today’s modern designs of “multi-link” arms with different angle mount points!
Yet most “aftermarket” replacement bushes the industry standard is to eliminate these air voids in an attempt to improve both steering response and reduce wheel hop, loss of traction under brake and acceleration.
The opposite is often the case – the elimination of the air voids causes even more severe wheel hop, loss of traction through binding, locking up of arms.
K-MAC bushes – with 50 years now of bush technology are designed without the air voids but where needed with “full 2 axis movement”. Result is power to the ground – maximum traction/acceleration/braking - along with noticeably improved directional control and steering response for highway driving, lane changing.
Old 01-13-2015, 03:49 PM

A4
Dear KMAC, judging by the amount of interest in this thread for camber arms, are you guys willing to do a group buy for yours? I'd def be in for that...
Old 01-14-2015, 11:48 PM
SPONSOR

Mercedes-Benz CLK 550
Originally Posted by Chris_tA_4
Dear KMAC, judging by the amount of interest in this thread for camber arms, are you guys willing to do a group buy for yours? I'd def be in for that...

W212 K-MAC
As explained Rear upper Camber Arms when wanting to resolve inner edge tire wear, move top of tire out, reducing all important clearance to outer fender.

K-MAC therefore are precisely adjustable lower control arm inner bushes, which can be fitted on car, no need for disassembly or special tools required.

Also K-MAC Rear kit include extra Toe adjustment to compensate for this new Camber facility.

While Front (Precise Camber and Caster) Replace the lower control arm inner bushes for Camber and the front thrust arm bushes for Caster #502616K

Rear (Precise Camber and extra Toe to compensate for the new Camber facility) #502526
(NOTE: Airmatic Suspension Rear kit is #502526-1K)

Rear kit is $480, Front kit is $480

Re Group buy - What we can offer in the next four weeks is free FedEx Air saving of $70.
Can pay by VISA, M/Card or PayPal.
Old 01-15-2015, 01:29 AM
Banned

KMAC,

So from my understanding. You are telling me I would need both the front and rear kits to resolve my in toe issue where the inner rear tires are prematurely wearing out ? If that is true, I guess the front kit helps to offset the rear in toe issue therefore getting premature tire wear ? Please kindly advise with many thanks.

Originally Posted by K-Mac
W212 K-MAC
As explained Rear upper Camber Arms when wanting to resolve inner edge tire wear, move top of tire out, reducing all important clearance to outer fender.

K-MAC therefore are precisely adjustable lower control arm inner bushes, which can be fitted on car, no need for disassembly or special tools required.

Also K-MAC Rear kit include extra Toe adjustment to compensate for this new Camber facility.

While Front (Precise Camber and Caster) Replace the lower control arm inner bushes for Camber and the front thrust arm bushes for Caster #502616K

Rear (Precise Camber and extra Toe to compensate for the new Camber facility) #502526
(NOTE: Airmatic Suspension Rear kit is #502526-1K)

Rear kit is $480, Front kit is $480

Re Group buy - What we can offer in the next four weeks is free FedEx Air saving of $70.
Can pay by VISA, M/Card or PayPal.
Old 01-17-2015, 01:58 AM
SPONSOR

Mercedes-Benz CLK 550
Originally Posted by Davidkuo0330
KMAC,

So from my understanding. You are telling me I would need both the front and rear kits to resolve my in toe issue where the inner rear tires are prematurely wearing out ? If that is true, I guess the front kit helps to offset the rear in toe issue therefore getting premature tire wear ? Please kindly advise with many thanks.
Front OEM (like rear) is only Toe adjustment. We are pointing out therefore we manufacture both Front Camber&Caster and Rear Camber kits (with extra Toe) to resolve this situation / allow precise ongoing adjustment capability.
But in your case where you are only wanting to resolve lack of adjustment - only the Rear kit is essential.
Old 04-02-2016, 02:37 PM

2011 GLK350 P1, Multi-media & AMG Pkg; 2010 E350 w/ prem 2; 2018 4Runner SR5 Prem. 4x4
Seriously, still no pics of the rear camber kit?

Ghostrider...

Are these adjustable arms or replacement adjustable bushings?

If they are adjustable arms, do they work with the xenon HID headlight sensors that mount to the oem rear camber arms?

Feedback would be nice.

Last edited by PHML; 04-02-2016 at 04:50 PM.