Cabin Filter Replacement DIY - MBWorld.org Forums



E-Class (W212) 2010-present: E 350, E 550

     
Old 06-04-2015, 09:17 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
 
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

Cabin Filter Replacement DIY

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread
Old 09-14-2011, 06:45 PM   #1
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Landenberg, PA
Posts: 28
Drives: mercedes benz 2011 e350
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cabin Filter Replacement DIY

Hi Folks - Hoping to replace the cabin filter on my 2011 E350. I found a post that stated: Remove instrument panel cover below glove box, remove clamps at both ends of filter housing, unlock slide in direction of arrow remove combination filter.

Well, when folded back the cover, there was an aluminum plate with a bolt in the upper right corner. I removed it, but there was still a lot of resistance when I tried to fold back the plate. I didn't see any clamps. It does look like the filter might be under there, but I didn't want to break anything. Is this the right spot? An help will be appreciated.

Jim
jreash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 12:48 PM   #2
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,109
Drives: 2010 E350 Luxury Sedan
Thanked 19 Times in 17 Posts
Earlier post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreash View Post
Hi Folks - Hoping to replace the cabin filter on my 2011 E350. I found a post that stated: Remove instrument panel cover below glove box, remove clamps at both ends of filter housing, unlock slide in direction of arrow – remove combination filter.

Well, when folded back the cover, there was an aluminum plate with a bolt in the upper right corner. I removed it, but there was still a lot of resistance when I tried to fold back the plate. I didn't see any clamps. It does look like the filter might be under there, but I didn't want to break anything. Is this the right spot? An help will be appreciated.

Jim
I think Konigstar provided some information on a post several months ago for the 2010 model. Do you really need to replace it already? This is part of "B" service.
El Cid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 07:56 PM   #3
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Landenberg, PA
Posts: 28
Drives: mercedes benz 2011 e350
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
I think Konigstar provided some information on a post several months ago for the 2010 model. Do you really need to replace it already? This is part of "B" service.
Yes, just reached 20K and need to replace it. Actually, Konigstar was a big help. Hope to change oil and the cabin filter this weekend.

Jim
jreash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 01:08 PM   #4
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4
Drives: 2005 c230 sport
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
cabin filter mounting instructions

easy as pie and Autohausz has activated charcoal filters on sale like 20 bucks....no excuse not to change this thing yourself and save money
https://www.mann-hummel.com/mf_prodk...u/HB5JXdhG.pdf

Last edited by viksc230; 10-29-2011 at 02:09 PM.
viksc230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 01:57 PM   #5
Super Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 655
Drives: Mercedes e350 BlueTec
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by viksc230 View Post
https://www.mann-hummel.com/mf_prodk.../HB5JXdhG.pdf:) easy as pie and Autohausz has activated charcoal filters on sale like 20 bucks....no excuse not to change this thing yourself and save money
Please correct the bad link...
ghstudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 02:10 PM   #6
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4
Drives: 2005 c230 sport
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
linky fixt
viksc230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 03:19 PM   #7
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Just did it myself. I found it easiest by:
* Pulling back the carpet and padding to get it out of my way
* Once removing the screws and loweing the panel, disconnecting both the puddle light and the sensor connect on the panel allows easier access
speedwaywhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:53 PM   #8
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Landenberg, PA
Posts: 28
Drives: mercedes benz 2011 e350
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedwaywhite View Post
Just did it myself. I found it easiest by:
* Pulling back the carpet and padding to get it out of my way
* Once removing the screws and loweing the panel, disconnecting both the puddle light and the sensor connect on the panel allows easier access
Agreed. I also removed the right side panel under the glove box panel. Took me a bit of time to figure out how to disconnect the wires.
jreash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 11:09 AM   #9
Member
 
MagicJack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 114
Drives: E550 2010
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
dust cabin filter replace w/ pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreash View Post
Agreed. I also removed the right side panel under the glove box panel. Took me a bit of time to figure out how to disconnect the wires.
Instructions:
1) remove 3 screws from the top panel in the passenger footwell.
2) pull back floor mat as you see in picture
3) disconnect 2 wires attached to the top panel. The connection closer to the driver see comes straight out with pressure. The one closer to the passenger door as little tab you press down before pulling out.
3) Remove top panel - takes some manipulation but the plastic is pretty flexible.
4) Slide plastic tab to the left on the air filter and pull it out.
Attached Thumbnails
Cabin Filter Replacement DIY-2012-02-11_5093.jpg   Cabin Filter Replacement DIY-2012-02-11_5094.jpg   Cabin Filter Replacement DIY-2012-02-11_5095.jpg   Cabin Filter Replacement DIY-2012-02-11_5096.jpg   Cabin Filter Replacement DIY-2012-02-11_5097.jpg  

MagicJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 11:23 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 434
Drives: Lexus LS 400, 2008 BMW 528i, 2014 e250 BlueTec
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
MagicJack
Thank you much for sharing the information.
Raymond Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 01:18 PM   #11
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
BenzV12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2,429
Drives: 2016 BMW I8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Great post, I think this forum needs a FAQ for such useful topics thus you can easily see some tips thanks to these threads
BenzV12 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cabin Fragrance System and other thoughts at 10K miles. BKWard New S-Class (W222) 37 11-24-2016 11:24 PM
2003 E55 for sale jparch Mercedes Vehicles 9 02-03-2016 07:05 AM
FS: MyGenius handheld tuning programmer + x-pipe + AFE Pro Dry S filters - C63 AMG L.C.A.D. C63 AMG (W204) 31 11-02-2015 11:48 AM
old fashion oil change 2008 r350 Miyanc R-Class (W251) 21 09-09-2015 10:48 AM
FS: 2005 E320 4matic Estate marc hanna Mercedes Vehicles 0 09-02-2015 09:16 AM


Tags
2011, air, benz, cabin, change, clas, combination, e350, filter, filters, forums, kombfilter, mbworld, mercedes, mercedesbenz, replacements


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:03 PM.


Copyright 2001-2012 InternetBrands, Inc. / MBWorld.org. All Rights Reserved.