E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

New Car Special Deal

Old 02-21-2012, 07:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 E350
New Car Special Deal

The dealer contacted me and asked if anyone I knew had an Acura, Lexus, or BMW. If so, I have to put my name on the other person's insurance as an additional driver in order to quality and get a couple thousand off the new car. Have you guys heard of this before? I'm really close to a deal with the 2012 E350 model.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:17 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 GLK350 P1, Multi-media & AMG Pkg; 2010 E350 w/ prem 2; 2018 4Runner SR5 Prem. 4x4
Originally Posted by mbluver111
The dealer contacted me and asked if anyone I knew had an Acura, Lexus, or BMW. If so, I have to put my name on the other person's insurance as an additional driver in order to quality and get a couple thousand off the new car. Have you guys heard of this before? I'm really close to a deal with the 2012 E350 model.
Its an MBUSA discount. You need to show proof of owning a competitor luxury vehicle (ie: Lexus, BMW, not sure about Acura....lol...etc...)....and to entice you to buy new MB (not CPO), they offer $2000 off.

Not sure if adding you as an additional driver on the insurance will do the trick...i heard you need to be on the Registration or Cert of Title. But hey, if they'd accept the first...then go for it.

Last edited by PHML; 02-21-2012 at 07:33 PM.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 Audi A8 Sport
Can this be used in addition to USAA pricing? Or is it one or the other?

Thanks.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:55 PM

2014 E350, 2012 SL550
It's called Conquest Cash. It's valid for owners of competitors' luxury cars. I don't remember the complete list but it includes brands like BMW, Caddy, Lincoln, and even Volvo.

You don't need to trade the competitor vehicle, you just have to prove ownership. Whether insurance is enough, I don't know.

It is directly from MBUSA so it is in addition to any discount you can negotiate with the dealer. Don't even tell them you qualify until you think you have the best deal from the dealer.

I used it last year when it was worth $4,000 rather than the current $2,000.

Regards,
Don
Old 02-21-2012, 08:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 369 Likes on 323 Posts
Only MBs - the best or nothing
Way to go, MBUSA. So to get an additional discount, I need to trade one of the MB's for something else first?... Just kidding of course.

I'm a good example that once you try an MB, you stay loyal to the brand. Audi was the only exception (twice) and still is the only other brand I would consider.

I remember when I was much younger, a complete stranger and a much older man told me once at a gas station: "Mercedes is like the most beautifull girl in a city. Once you try her, you'll never settle for anything less". At the time (I couldn't even afford an MB then) I thought he was crazy. Obviously, I have reconsidered since.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:30 PM

2014 E350, 2012 SL550
Originally Posted by threeMBs
Way to go, MBUSA. So to get an additional discount, I need to trade one of the MB's for something else first?... Just kidding of course.
Yeah, it's a lot like cable satellite TV. New subscribers get to watch the same channels for 1/3 the cost a loyal subscriber pays.

Oh well, when I feel victimized, I just take a ride in my MB and all is well again.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 E350 Wagon, prev 2005 ML 500 SE
USAA

from their site:

Mercedes-Benz requires a USAA card with USAA number or a USAA insurance card and a printed USAA Member Vehicle Incentive Program (EAB) page from USAA Car Buying Service with discount amount and offer code. Mercedes-Benz discount amounts may vary by model year and model. The Fleet incentive must be used at time of purchase or lease. Fleet incentives cannot be used in conjunction with Dealer Employee Purchase Program (DEPP), Mercedes Vehicle Plan (MVP), Master Lease Program (MLP), Diplomat, European Delivery, Courtesy Vehicle Program (CVP), Special Demos, Competitor Conquest Program, other Fleet Programs (Corporate Sales or Fleet Employee Program (FEP)), or non-U.S. Specification vehicles. Some manufacturer incentives cannot be added to the discount.

They say it cannot be used with Conquest Program
Old 02-23-2012, 11:15 AM
CEB
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
1953 300 Adenauer, 1971 300 SEL 6.3, 1975 600, 1978 450 6.9
"adding" your name to a friend's insurance in order to get the conquest cash is against MB policy and probably wouldn't work anyway.

Mercedes requires the car's registration to be in the same household with the same physical address. Accordingly, my son might qualify as he's in the process of getting his own place but all his documents still have our address but my mom or sister wouldn't.

This is another example of a dealership ploy. It won't be until they have you in the finance that they "discover" this error and are banking on you to give in. Maybe they'll knock another $500 off or something to "make it right," but you won't get the conquest cash by merely listed as a driver on an insurance policy.

The sad truth is that dealers will say almost anything to make a sale.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:20 PM

1969 280S, 1991 300E

I'm a good example that once you try an MB, you stay loyal to the brand. Audi was the only exception (twice) and still is the only other brand I would consider.

I remember when I was much younger, a complete stranger and a much older man told me once at a gas station: "Mercedes is like the most beautifull girl in a city. Once you try her, you'll never settle for anything less". At the time (I couldn't even afford an MB then) I thought he was crazy. Obviously, I have reconsidered since.
I'm in the exact same boat as you...except i've never owned an Audi. It would be my second and only other choice.

Very tough for me to justify buying an Audi, being a Benz salesman, so i've never really thought too hard about it.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:29 PM

2012 E350
Originally Posted by CEB
"adding" your name to a friend's insurance in order to get the conquest cash is against MB policy and probably wouldn't work anyway.

Mercedes requires the car's registration to be in the same household with the same physical address. Accordingly, my son might qualify as he's in the process of getting his own place but all his documents still have our address but my mom or sister wouldn't.

This is another example of a dealership ploy. It won't be until they have you in the finance that they "discover" this error and are banking on you to give in. Maybe they'll knock another $500 off or something to "make it right," but you won't get the conquest cash by merely listed as a driver on an insurance policy.

The sad truth is that dealers will say almost anything to make a sale.

I am paying full cash for this 2012 vehicle. No finance. All they need is my name on my friend's insurance card as proof.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I do not believe I'm says this, bit I actually completely agree with what CEB said above. To qualify, the "other" car must be in the same household.
Old 02-23-2012, 03:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
w212 E550
I am paying full cash for this 2012 vehicle. No finance. All they need is my name on my friend's insurance card as proof.
to avoid further issues w/your dealer, you might want to verify w/them and see if you need to be in the same household. better yet, have your salesperson document it so that everything is crystal clear.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:26 PM
CEB
MBWorld Fanatic!

Even if you are paying cash you're still going to end up in the finance department.

What the dealership is doing is completely unethical and is unlikely to work. They need to submit proof of ownership to Mercedes by way of a registration.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:30 PM
CEB
MBWorld Fanatic!

IIRC, MB also has the same amount for "loyalty cash."
Old 02-23-2012, 04:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by CEB
Even if you are paying cash you're still going to end up in the finance department.

What the dealership is doing is completely unethical and is unlikely to work. They need to submit proof of ownership to Mercedes by way of a registration.
All true.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by CEB
IIRC, MB also has the same amount for "loyalty cash."
Only if one finances/leases through MBFS. Does not apply to me. I'll just have a get a title to a totaled BMW or the like.