Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2011 E250 AV / Palladium Silver / AMG sport package
Bluetooth pairing problem - Samsung Galaxy S3

Anybody able to pair Samsung Galaxy S3 with the MB Bluetooth
Old 08-02-2012, 04:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
w212 E550
what kind of problem do you have? i could pair mine right away w/o any issue. make sure your contact list is shown by phone, not by sim. hope this helps .
Old 08-02-2012, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by BM2BZ
what kind of problem do you have? i could pair mine right away w/o any issue. make sure your contact list is shown by phone, not by sim. hope this helps .
Thanks BM2BZ. COMMAND wasn't able to detect the S3 at all, could it be because it is currently paired with my iPhone? Although I thought COMMAND supports multiple pairing.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
2012 S350 Bluetec 4Matic, Diamond White, P2
Originally Posted by joseph1980
Thanks BM2BZ. COMMAND wasn't able to detect the S3 at all, could it be because it is currently paired with my iPhone? Although I thought COMMAND supports multiple pairing.
It does support multiple pairings, but, only one can be active at a time. Just how Bluetooth works. Turn off your iPhone until you have paired the Samsung.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2018 BMW 540d
It depends on what you mean by "pairing".Comand can be set up to recognize several phones (can't recall the exact number) but only one of them can be "active" at a time.To accomplish *initial* pairing it would be wise not to have any other phones nearby while doing it.The process of initial pairing is so easy even *I* can do it.I recently solved an annoying problem with my Samsung Droid thanks to a post on this forum (can't recall whose).I think the problen applies to all Samsung droids so if you continue to have problems PM me and I'll walk you through it.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2020 E350 4Matic
Anybody able to pair Samsung Galaxy S3 with the MB Bluetooth
Having this problem also, but only recently. Purchased my S3 last week, and it paired immediately with the COMMAND. Then starting Tuesday, it wasn't connecting. I try and pair them, and it sees the phone, and tries to connect, but then fails. The same exact thing is happening with my other car, a 2013 smart, as well. It was paired, but now won't connect.

I am wondering if some software recently got pushed to the S3 that is causing this, but I am unable to connect mine to either of my cars, when it was connected to both of them just two days ago..

Todd
Old 08-02-2012, 11:09 AM

1969 280S, 1991 300E
Originally Posted by toddwess
Having this problem also, but only recently. Purchased my S3 last week, and it paired immediately with the COMMAND. Then starting Tuesday, it wasn't connecting. I try and pair them, and it sees the phone, and tries to connect, but then fails. The same exact thing is happening with my other car, a 2013 smart, as well. It was paired, but now won't connect.

I am wondering if some software recently got pushed to the S3 that is causing this, but I am unable to connect mine to either of my cars, when it was connected to both of them just two days ago..

Todd
Is it asking your phone every time it wants to connect to it? Check how you have your permissions set on your phone.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:14 AM

2020 E350 4Matic
Originally Posted by Busta Riles
Is it asking your phone every time it wants to connect to it? Check how you have your permissions set on your phone.
No, it is not asking at all. It is not even connecting. That is what drew my attention to it. It was working perfectly earlier this week. Took calls on the COMMAND just fine. Then my phone rang from the passenger seat, and I noticed it had not connected. I don't turn Bluetooth off on the phone and had made no changes at all.

Apparently this is a problem with the S3 as forums are lit up like crazy about it. I have Verizon, but Sprint released this bulletin yesterday:

http://support.sprint.com/support/ar...0120621-161044

Todd
Old 08-02-2012, 11:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 BMW 540d
Originally Posted by toddwess
No, it is not asking at all. It is not even connecting. That is what drew my attention to it. It was working perfectly earlier this week.
I had an almost identical problem with my Samsung Droid that I just recently resolved as noted above.If yours is the same problem as mine (seems likely to me) what's happening is that the phone is asking for permission to send data to the car...and that request happens very quickly.What *I* did to resolve it was completely uncouple the phone and the car...that is,erase all traces from both...and then I re-paired.As I was doing so I watched for the warning on the phone that I read about and when it appeared (quickly) I clicked where it said something like "don't ask again".From that point on everything's been perfect...phone works perfectly,address book downloads perfectly (which wasn't the case before),music streaming works perfectly,etc,etc.

Last edited by listerone; 08-02-2012 at 11:58 AM.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:07 PM

2020 E350 4Matic
Originally Posted by listerone
I had an almost identical problem with my Samsung Droid that I just recently resolved as noted above.If yours is the same problem as mine (seems likely to me) what's happening is that the phone is asking for permission to send data to the car...and that request happens very quickly.What *I* did to resolve it was completely uncouple the phone and the car...that is,erase all traces from both...and then I re-paired.As I was doing so I watched for the warning on the phone that I read about and when it appeared (quickly) I clicked where it said something like "don't ask again".From that point on everything's been perfect...phone works perfectly,address book downloads perfectly (which wasn't the case before),music streaming works perfectly,etc,etc.
Thanks for the input . . . will try this evening!
Old 08-02-2012, 04:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
w212 E550
i don't think it's your iphone problem unless you enter your car w/both phones on. follow other fellow members' instructions and you should be good.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:37 PM

Thanks all!! I'll try it tonight when I get the car back after my first scheduled service. I must say the knowledge level in this forum far exceeds the service reps at the dealerships.
Old 08-03-2012, 08:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 BMW 540d
I must say the knowledge level in this forum far exceeds the service reps at the dealerships.
Very true.I told both my local Mercedes dealer *and* my cell phone carrier about my problem.The cell phone carrier said "ask Mercedes".And I'll bet that you can guess what the Mercedes dealer said....that's right,"ask your cell phone carrier".
Old 08-03-2012, 02:39 PM

2020 E350 4Matic
Paired the phone this morning after removing it from the COMMAND and restarting the phone. No issues . . . . . . . . . so far.
Old 08-04-2012, 02:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Tesla Model S P100D
Somewhat unrelated but has anyone had issues with syncing a large address book on the phone with the car? If you have 1500+ contacts, do they all sync? If you make a change to a phone number on the phone, does the change get updated in Command?
Old 08-04-2012, 02:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 BMW 540d
Originally Posted by WEBSRFR
Somewhat unrelated but has anyone had issues with syncing a large address book on the phone with the car? If you have 1500+ contacts, do they all sync?
1500 Contacts? Yikes,you must be pretty popular! No idea of the answer.Perhaps you should just try downloading them,if you see the "A"s as well as the last letter in your address book then chances are you've got them all.

If you make a change to a phone number on the phone, does the change get updated in Command?
It's only within the last week or so that I fixed *my* address book issues but IIRC there's an option to download entries in two ways...one is to "add" (add a new entry,I assume) and the other is to "overwrite" (most likely meaning update everything).I don't think anything gets updated *automatically*,but I'm not sure.
Old 08-04-2012, 09:46 PM

Somewhat unrelated but has anyone had issues with syncing a large address book on the phone with the car? If you have 1500+ contacts, do they all sync? If you make a change to a phone number on the phone, does the change get updated in Command?
I have the same problem but I'm not nearly as popular...my address book has around 200 contacts. But the missing contacts are random, so I was wondering whether it may in fact be the iPhone problem (some contacts stored on the SIM card and some stored on the phone). I have learnt to just live with it and search for the contacts on my iPhone directly which is much quicker anyway IMO. But would still be interested to find out the root of the problem without having to RTFM...
Old 08-05-2012, 06:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Class A
Hi all,

I bought a Samsung Galaxy S3 and I'm experiencing the same problem in pairing it with my BT module HFS B67875877. With the same BT module I was able to connect an HTC Legend and a Nokia E55. I wrote to Samsung Support and I'm waiting for the answer but I don't feel confident...

Do you have any idea to solve this problem?

Thanks

Gabriele
Old 08-05-2012, 07:46 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2012 E350
I know this is stupid, but it happened to me on my Galaxy s2.

I had the s2 and upgraded to ICS recently, so the bluetooth menu was different. There is a button that says Hide from other devices and the box was unchecked. I thought that this meant if the box is unchecked, then other devices can see my s2. So I tried pairing my phone with the car for over 2 days and even had friends ask me if BT was turned on and not in "hiding mode". I almost yelled at them for asking such a stupid question. Turns out I needed to check the box and command immediately found my phone. Man.. that was embarrassing. Make sure BT is not in Hiding mode when you pair it with the car.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:33 PM

Mercedes Class A
Thank you alanme123.

Today I got the answer from Samsung: "we can't guarantee compatibility with other brands devices.". As I supposed.

I tried to connect my S3 setting the "hiding mode" either ON and OFF: it doesn't work.

Just to know, what is the brand and the model of your BT car module?

Thanks

Gabriele
Old 09-17-2012, 11:09 PM

c250 cdi coupe
galaxy sIII

@ listerone,

i am considering a galaxy sIII as my current iphone 4 does not allow me to utilize the sms and web browsing functionality in command online (i think my c250 cdi coupe is running this version but i may be wrong).

based on your final comment below, "everything works etc etc" does this include reading out sms and web browsing?

If so this would get me over the line to buy the sIII, as i recently enquired with apple regarding iphone 5 PAN/APN capabilities and the answer was more or less no - cockily saying dont expect apple to change, if anything MB should alter command to suit to iphone.

thanks.

Old 09-18-2012, 09:56 AM

2020 E350 4Matic
Originally Posted by nauman
@ listerone,

i am considering a galaxy sIII as my current iphone 4 does not allow me to utilize the sms and web browsing functionality in command online (i think my c250 cdi coupe is running this version but i may be wrong).

based on your final comment below, "everything works etc etc" does this include reading out sms and web browsing?

If so this would get me over the line to buy the sIII, as i recently enquired with apple regarding iphone 5 PAN/APN capabilities and the answer was more or less no - cockily saying dont expect apple to change, if anything MB should alter command to suit to iphone.

thanks.
My Galaxy SIII is working perfectly now. All COMAND Online browsing functionality works perfectly.

T
Old 09-18-2012, 10:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 BMW 540d
Originally Posted by nauman
@ listerone,

I don't do sms or web browsing on my phone or in my car.I'm not even sure my Bluetec is *capable* of that...although I know I can surf the web on my phone (and I don't even know what "sms" means).Yes,I'm old and a technology dunce.However,eveything *I* do with my bluetooth setup (make and receive calls,phone book,call history,stream music) now works perfectly.

Sorry I can't help you.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:17 AM

2010 E350 (W212)
The problem I'm having with my Galaxy SIII is not connectivity, it is with the cell phone contacts. With my old not so "smart phone" I was able to download my contacts into Command at will. Now Command will no longer "overwrite" the listed contacts. When I contacted the dealer he advised that I should individually enter the new contacts (or changes to exiting contacts).
How is anyone supposed to know the contacts they may have added or edited since they last undated the phone!?
Old 09-18-2012, 01:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 BMW 540d
Originally Posted by xpdchief
The problem I'm having with my Galaxy SIII is not connectivity, it is with the cell phone contacts. With my old not so "smart phone" I was able to download my contacts into Command at will. Now Command will no longer "overwrite" the listed contacts. When I contacted the dealer he advised that I should individually enter the new contacts (or changes to exiting contacts).
How is anyone supposed to know the contacts they may have added or edited since they last undated the phone!?
Your problem sounds very similar to mine.Given that my phone's a Samsung Android,as is yours,try following my recomendations in my earlier post in this thread (#9),give that a try and see what happens.The worst that can happen is you've wasted 10 minutes of your time.If you try it watch carefully for the request I mention...it comes quickly and is easy to miss.If you see it,click "don't ask again" and,if you're lucky,you'll be fine as was I.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth pairing problem - Samsung Galaxy S3