E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Mercedes Benz Service Center

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 02:31 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
2012 Mercedes SLS, 2014 Mercedes SLS Black Series, 2014 E63S, 2013 S550, 2012 ML63, 2013 C250
Mercedes Benz Service Center

We are a specialized Mercedes Benz Service Center that is now open in Torrance, California. We are located off the 405 at the Western exit and we can offer many different levels of service on your Mercedes Benz at a fraction of the dealer cost.

If you are looking for a good source for either maintenance or repair, we can handle your Mercedes Benz needs. If you haven't had your Mercedes Benz maintained in a while make an appointment to bring it by. Let us do an oil change and take a look over your vehicle.

Give us a call, same day appointments are usually available.
Old 07-06-2013, 01:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 Sport White on black
Price on service "A" and "B" please.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:18 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2012 Mercedes SLS, 2014 Mercedes SLS Black Series, 2014 E63S, 2013 S550, 2012 ML63, 2013 C250
Originally Posted by maguzma
Price on service "A" and "B" please.
Service A Special is $189.00 and Service B Special is $259.00.

Here is a link to our Service Specials that we are offering right now.
http://www.world-motorsports.com/info/Service
Old 07-07-2013, 06:42 PM
CEB
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
1953 300 Adenauer, 1971 300 SEL 6.3, 1975 600, 1978 450 6.9
Originally Posted by Staff@WORLD
Service A Special is $189.00 and Service B Special is $259.00.

Here is a link to our Service Specials that we are offering right now.
http://www.world-motorsports.com/info/Service
It seems like you made up your own service schedules and are labeling them as A, B services.

This sounds as bad (if not worse) than dealers that try to pawn off un-needed services and disguise them as the required services.

If one does all these services with you then it becomes more expensive that doing the actual required services at a dealer.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:27 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by CEB
It seems like you made up your own service schedules and are labeling them as A, B services.

This sounds as bad (if not worse) than dealers that try to pawn off un-needed services and disguise them as the required services.

If one does all these services with you then it becomes more expensive that doing the actual required services at a dealer.
Our service intervals are designed for cars that are modified. These are the schedules that we recommend from what we experience with oil consumption and spark plug life on the modern turbocharged Benz's that have been modified. I am sure that any owner of these new vehicles will attest to the oil consumption rates that they are experiencing and many of them will also attest to the spark plugs needing to be serviced very quickly.

All of our service costs are well below the dealers prices and we offer them at those prices as an added value service to our current and future customers.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:50 PM
CEB
MBWorld Fanatic!

Our service intervals are designed for cars that are modified. These are the schedules that we recommend from what we experience with oil consumption and spark plug life on the modern turbocharged Benz's that have been modified. I am sure that any owner of these new vehicles will attest to the oil consumption rates that they are experiencing and many of them will also attest to the spark plugs needing to be serviced very quickly.

All of our service costs are well below the dealers prices and we offer them at those prices as an added value service to our current and future customers.
So you are just like the dealerships selling unwanted services by scaring customers with "oil consumption" and idiotic 15k spark plug changes.

An honest shop would name these services differently and offer the A and B services that correspond to the required services so that customers can compare apples to apples.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
S350 BT 4MATIC
Originally Posted by CEB
So you are just like the dealerships selling unwanted services by scaring customers with "oil consumption" and idiotic 15k spark plug changes.

An honest shop would name these services differently and offer the A and B services that correspond to the required services so that customers can compare apples to apples.

OUCH!
Old 07-07-2013, 09:57 PM
CEB
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Nuru
OUCH!
Talk about OUCH. My local dealer charges $250 for the A and $400 for the B. Accordingly, services to 20k would cost $650 - these guys charge $1206 for their "recommended" services to 20k miles - almost double of MB dealer and they are harming the environment with unnecessary oil changes and spark plug changes.

I'm not near Torrance so I'd never use them anyway but thsi serves as a reminder that all indy shops aren't the same and some are just as greedy and sneaky as dealers.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 C300 & 2014 E350
best deals here...and the dealer will update the expire date accordingly with the same prices

http://www.anaheimmercedes.com/specials/service/
Old 07-08-2013, 07:40 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,353 Likes on 2,807 Posts
2012 CLS63
Old 07-08-2013, 09:38 AM
CEB
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by hyperion667
Probably not. At this point the OP is probably just hoping that this thread falls off the first page. If they are really smart then they'll rename their "special" services and relist the A and B services to match MB requirements. At that point a customer can compare their services and pricing to others offering the same service.

It is funny how some some shops try to equate increased oil consumption with a need for more frequent oil changes. What increased oil consumption really means is that you need to check your oil level more frequently and add oil as required while staying with the same OCI.

Treat a customer fairly and honestly and you'll get lots of repeat business. Try to be sneaky and customers wise up quick and word of mouth (or is it "word of internet?") will quickly expose you.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:51 AM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
I couldn't agree more CEB........these people must think we're completely stupid......
I don't know any un-educated people that buy cars like these.....
and I have friends in low places
Old 07-08-2013, 09:58 AM
CEB
MBWorld Fanatic!

I couldn't agree more CEB........these people must think we're completely stupid......
I don't know any un-educated people that buy cars like these.....
and I have friends in low places
They are in California though. Perhaps their customers come from Vegas
Old 07-08-2013, 12:06 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by CEB
Probably not. At this point the OP is probably just hoping that this thread falls off the first page. If they are really smart then they'll rename their "special" services and relist the A and B services to match MB requirements. At that point a customer can compare their services and pricing to others offering the same service.

It is funny how some some shops try to equate increased oil consumption with a need for more frequent oil changes. What increased oil consumption really means is that you need to check your oil level more frequently and add oil as required while staying with the same OCI.

Treat a customer fairly and honestly and you'll get lots of repeat business. Try to be sneaky and customers wise up quick and word of mouth (or is it "word of internet?") will quickly expose you.
As the OP of this thread I do not run and hide from anything that I have written. I always write what I feel and do believe in.

I highly doubt that any of you have a tuned twin turbo V8 Mercedes and, if you do you have one it must have very few miles on it. Many of these vehicles that are tuned are not even making it to 15K miles without needing plugs so we are probably going to even lower that estimate on our service schedule if we continue to see these issues.

Would you rather do a service or be forced to tow your car to the dealership because your car has a terrible miss because the spark plug just broke. Now the car only runs correct intermittently as the plug head moves around on its own. This is something that could have been handled with a spark plug change and you would have never experienced being stuck on the side of the road.

Maybe you think that 3-5 quarts of oil burned off in 5000 miles is normal and all that should be done is oil should be added every time it's low. What kind of temperatures and conditions are being experienced to cause this to happen? Does it mean these conditions are leading to the oil breaking down faster than normal? I don't really know the answer to all of that but I would rather be safe than sorry. Maybe that's normal oil consumption to you.

If you actually read our service page you would see that it states that these are the mileage intervals that WE CAME UP WITH due to what we have found with these cars. We DO NOT steer the customer away from buying into Mercedes services schedule at all and we are very clear about our intentions from the beginning.

I find it admirable that you will go through and be such a consumer advocate for your fellow forum members. I would also suggest that you read what you are commenting on as we are just trying to offer a service that WE FEEL is very valuable to our customers and can prevent customers from unnecessary problems that we have seen arise from OUR experiences.

It's all good and I actually DO understand where you are coming from but to think that someone is getting bent over the table by us for what we charge is absolutely ridiculous. We do the service we state at a great price and we don't cut any corners. We have a beautiful facility with all the necessary equipment to correctly work on these cars and we welcome you to come by and see what we do for yourself if you are ever in town.

If you still feel that I am out to bend every customer over with our pricing and service schedules then please keep letting everyone know what a horrible disservice I am doing for the community. I have no problem with that either, if that is how you guys really feel.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:32 PM
CEB
MBWorld Fanatic!

As the OP of this thread I do not run and hide from anything that I have written. I always write what I feel and do believe in.

I highly doubt that any of you have a tuned twin turbo V8 Mercedes and, if you do you have one it must have very few miles on it. Many of these vehicles that are tuned are not even making it to 15K miles without needing plugs so we are probably going to even lower that estimate on our service schedule if we continue to see these issues.

Would you rather do a service or be forced to tow your car to the dealership because your car has a terrible miss because the spark plug just broke. Now the car only runs correct intermittently as the plug head moves around on its own. This is something that could have been handled with a spark plug change and you would have never experienced being stuck on the side of the road.

Maybe you think that 3-5 quarts of oil burned off in 5000 miles is normal and all that should be done is oil should be added every time it's low. What kind of temperatures and conditions are being experienced to cause this to happen? Does it mean these conditions are leading to the oil breaking down faster than normal? I don't really know the answer to all of that but I would rather be safe than sorry. Maybe that's normal oil consumption to you.

If you actually read our service page you would see that it states that these are the mileage intervals that WE CAME UP WITH due to what we have found with these cars. We DO NOT steer the customer away from buying into Mercedes services schedule at all and we are very clear about our intentions from the beginning.

I find it admirable that you will go through and be such a consumer advocate for your fellow forum members. I would also suggest that you read what you are commenting on as we are just trying to offer a service that WE FEEL is very valuable to our customers and can prevent customers from unnecessary problems that we have seen arise from OUR experiences.

It's all good and I actually DO understand where you are coming from but to think that someone is getting bent over the table by us for what we charge is absolutely ridiculous. We do the service we state at a great price and we don't cut any corners. We have a beautiful facility with all the necessary equipment to correctly work on these cars and we welcome you to come by and see what we do for yourself if you are ever in town.

If you still feel that I am out to bend every customer over with our pricing and service schedules then please keep letting everyone know what a horrible disservice I am doing for the community. I have no problem with that either, if that is how you guys really feel.
The vast majority of MB owners do NOT have highly tuned twin turbo V8. I'd be hard pressed to come up with the name of even one here on the board and we would certainly have heard of excessive oil consumption from these owners.

The point that bothered me was your naming of the services to give the impression that these are the same as the required services from MB. When maguzma asked for prices for the A and B services you replied with the prices of "your" A and B services which do not correspond to the MB A and B services and, oddly enough, cost more than the "real" A and B services provided by a MB dealer in Anaheim - pretty local to you.

One can certainly argue that your service might be more valuable than that provided by the MB dealer but one can only decide that if one is comparing the same services.

If you really want to provide a service to the community, then provide the exact services as required by MB (including the correct service intervals) and price it competitively. By making up your own A and B services and intervals and then pawning them off as MB's requirements (as you did when maguzma asked you for prices) is deceptive and no hiding behind fine print will get you the goodwill of this community.

Nothing stops you from providing additional services that you recommend for those highly modified cars that eat spark plugs and drink oil but do yourself a favor and clearly differentiate those from the accurate A and B services (if you choose to provide those)
Old 07-08-2013, 06:51 PM

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
2023 XC60 PHEV, 2023 XC40 BEV
... and that's why I LOVE this forum!
Old 07-08-2013, 07:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 188 Likes on 118 Posts
...21 GLE53 24 GLE53
My Porsche does not require this much maintenance. Like one OP posted, most of these cars are tuned to factory specs and if he wants to compete, he should quote prices on the factory maintenance specifications.

One thing about this forum is that most people that own an MB, know how to count.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:43 PM
CEB
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by petee1997
My Porsche does not require this much maintenance. Like one OP posted, most of these cars are tuned to factory specs and if he wants to compete, he should quote prices on the factory maintenance specifications.

One thing about this forum is that most people that own an MB, know how to count.
No modern car being used on anything resembling public roads requires this type of maintenance. Perhaps these guys used to work at Jiffy Lube in a previous life.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E63, LS600
My car is on its 3rd set of spark plugs already and its a 2012. A lot of people are having spark plug issues with these cars. Do a search for spark plugs and there are guys in the E63 forum changing plugs at 3000 miles with the dealer.

My oil consumption hasn't been that bad I don't think, I will start marking down the mileage when I have to add oil and see what it truly is. I do add quite a bit of oil though and the dealer says it's normal. The dealer also said that they have never seen this spark plug issue before but a lot of guys are having them, not just me.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:52 PM
CEB
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Jshinone
My car is on its 3rd set of spark plugs already and its a 2012. A lot of people are having spark plug issues with these cars. Do a search for spark plugs and there are guys in the E63 forum changing plugs at 3000 miles with the dealer.

My oil consumption hasn't been that bad I don't think, I will start marking down the mileage when I have to add oil and see what it truly is. I do add quite a bit of oil though and the dealer says it's normal. The dealer also said that they have never seen this spark plug issue before but a lot of guys are having them, not just me.
If anything resembling a stock car is going through spark plugs that fast and the dealer can't fix it then you should find yourself a lemon lawyer.

Last edited by CEB; 07-09-2013 at 11:22 AM.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 188 Likes on 118 Posts
...21 GLE53 24 GLE53
Originally Posted by Jshinone

Your problem must be car specific. I am on my 20th MB since 1983 and have never added oil in between oil changes nor replaced spark plugs before factory recommendations.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:20 AM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
Your problem must be car specific. I am on my 20th MB since 1983 and have never added oil in between oil changes nor replaced spark plugs before factory recommendations.
...but have you ever had an AMG? mine asks for oil, and my E63 did toonot trying to be a rude boy......just wondering out of the 20 MB's.....
plugs I have heard of needing replacement.....
Old 07-09-2013, 11:29 AM
CEB
MBWorld Fanatic!

I've added lots of fluids between services and probably even changed spark plugs early - but not at 15k if the factory interval is 80k.

Back in the day of 12k mile warranties the OCI was 3k miles and a tune up (plugs, points, air filters,etc) was needed every 12k miles, but today's engines are far different.

...but have you ever had an AMG? mine asks for oil, and my E63 did toonot trying to be a rude boy......just wondering out of the 20 MB's.....
plugs I have heard of needing replacement.....
Yes, I've had cars that sucked up oil but that didn't change the OCI. Not sure I understand your last sentence - have you heard of a systemic requirement for way early plug changes or are a few words missing there (I do that all the time - forget to type a word)
Old 07-09-2013, 12:59 PM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
there were some guys in C218 that were posting about plug failures I think.....with tuned engines
Old 07-09-2013, 02:26 PM
CEB
MBWorld Fanatic!

there were some guys in C218 that were posting about plug failures I think.....with tuned engines
Yeah - we're getting off topic here but for tuned engines you often need to create your very own maintenance schedule based on the pecularities of THAT car.

The bottom line here is that advertising your own A and B schedules and making it seem like they are the same as MBs is just plain wrong.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.