E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

///AMG sport package does get AMG badge FROM the factory, says Daimler AG.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 06:18 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,351 Likes on 2,807 Posts
2012 CLS63
I took mine off lol
Old 01-16-2014, 07:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 76 Posts
SL55, ML500 & Acura TL
Originally Posted by Jeffy
I'd be interested to know how many of you that "don't care" or don't think the OP is a poser or did anything wrong by adding his own AMG badge to his non-AMG car, also have installed your own AMG badge? Anyone have the ***** to admit it? If you really didn't add your own badge, why not? Really, why not?
IMO the OP can do whatever he wishes and makes him happy. It is his car after all and from what I gather it is very tastefully modded. The fact remains that the majority of the general population has no idea what an AMG is or isn't. True AMG enthusiasts generally accept that short of a hand "build by" badge on the engine, the car is not an AMG. This same group also can look at exhaust tips, calipers and other give aways on an MB to know if it is a true AMG or not. In between the two extremes is a small group of people that just might be impressed by a non-AMG car that has an AMG badge.

Originally Posted by hyperion667
I took mine off lol
I have been thinking about doing the same on my SL. who gives a crap if it has an AMG badge on it? the people that know will realize the car is an AMG without the badge, others have no idea WTF an AMG is anyway. I did not put the Renntech badge on my SL, maybe I should pull the AMG badge as well. Maybe totally de-badged is the way to go. More people just might be willing to give me a go if I do.
Old 01-16-2014, 07:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2004 E320, 2006 Audi A6, 2008 C350 W204, 2010 BMW F10, 2012 Porsche Carrera S 991, 2014 E350 W212
I think adding AMG badge is unnecessary. But if someone ordered an authentic AMG appearance package (not the E63 package) from the dealer after the fact. I don't see any harm in putting AMG badge on it. As long as the person doesn't take the 220, 250, 350, or 550 off and put 63 on. Because in the past, Mercedes Benz did sell their car with the optional appearance package that way (with the AMG badge on)in some region.

If a person got a whole Brabus kit and wheels, does it mean he/she has to get the full 10000th stage tune to be able to put the badge on? I know some will say AMG is different now, they are part of MB. But what's the big deal?

By the way, I don't have the AMG badge. Still E350 4matic. So please don't bash on me.
Old 01-16-2014, 07:41 PM
pmm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 E350 4Matic, Obsidian Black Metallic / Designo Platinum White Leather, P1, Dist+, Pano, etc...
I'd be interested to know how many of you that "don't care" or don't think the OP is a poser or did anything wrong by adding his own AMG badge to his non-AMG car, also have installed your own AMG badge? Anyone have the ***** to admit it?

If you really didn't add your own badge, why not? Really, why not?
I have no AMG badge and no interest in putting one on my car. If somebody wants to put one on theirs, I have no objections. Put a Type R badge on there too while you're at it.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:16 PM

Received 45 Likes on 17 Posts
S213 E450 4Matic, W111 220SE - prior cars: 3x W212, W210 E55 AMG, W202 C43 AMG, W126 300SE
Or how many here have AMG badges on non AMG cars to begin with. I doubt it's very many. I've never stuck any badge on a car, but thought of putting an E200 CDi badge on the E55.

Maybe I should put an AMG badge on my fintail, it is the injected model, so it was relatively hot for the time

I'd be interested to know how many of you that "don't care" or don't think the OP is a poser or did anything wrong by adding his own AMG badge to his non-AMG car, also have installed your own AMG badge? Anyone have the ***** to admit it?

If you really didn't add your own badge, why not? Really, why not?
Old 01-16-2014, 10:23 PM

S213 E450 4Matic, W111 220SE - prior cars: 3x W212, W210 E55 AMG, W202 C43 AMG, W126 300SE
Who is "you"? Probably not anyone here. You opened your wallet (well, I think) as well, you know. Looking at some of the laughable copycars that have came out of China, it's not just Americans mocking those tastes, either. MB likely couldn't care less if sketchy industrialists, corrupt officials, and their spoiled guillotine fodder devilspawn object either, just like Americans, many of them too will buy something with the star just for the sake of it. Neither are laughed at less than the other. Some groups overestimate the amount of respect they command.

I've toured the factory where they make thousands upon thousands of E-class, stamping them out like any high volume product. That's almost part of what makes the cars somewhat special, they are assembled in huge numbers, but still have a distinct refinement and driving feel to them. The diesels having what is in effect a durable commercial engine under the hood helps, too. Didn't see any non AMG cars with badges there, either

[QUOTE=E Classy;5909711]no cultural sensitivities here. MB could care less if narrow-minded americans think the new designs are tacky or not aesthetic. bottom-dollar logic is king. they are secretly laughing at you, when you think that their cars are all hand built by blond-haired blue-eyed aryans in lederhosen in some old-timey workshop. your imaginations and how they influence the opening of your wallets are comical to me, as well.

Last edited by fintail; 01-16-2014 at 10:28 PM.
Old 01-17-2014, 01:04 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
'10 F150 FX4 SCrew. '14 S212S
I took mine off lol
yup!

///AMG sport package does get AMG badge FROM the factory, says Daimler AG.-272a3272_zpse80c1d8d.jpg
Old 01-17-2014, 01:46 AM

2014 E550
^^^^^ stock E350? Hehehehehe. Those 63 wagons are bad ***.
Old 01-17-2014, 06:39 AM

E350
Just asking a question. Would mercedes owners consider AMG to be the equivalent of what Shelby is to Mustang? This has always been my understanding, although Shelby is still independantly owned, it is definately a car that can be ordered from the dealer. My point being to Mustang owners Shelby is the top dog so to speak and as a result some take special offense to those who just put shelby badges on thier cars. I do get this and personally think it is a bit childish to badge you car as something that it is not. However, with that being said, Shelby as a company will sell you ALMOST anyting you want to make your car look like a shelby, even the outside lettering. And to take it a step further Shelby also sells just an appearance package that is actaully a certified Shelby but no performance add on at all. Is it completely out of the realm of possibillity that in other countries AMG would do the same thing. And yes I know a Benz is a whole different animal from a Mustang, but i am just discussing the badging process.

Last edited by squareman; 01-17-2014 at 07:22 AM.
Old 01-17-2014, 07:42 AM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
I always thought the Saleen's were nice.......are the Shelby cars faster/better?
Old 01-17-2014, 08:29 AM

E350
I always thought the Saleen's were nice.......are the Shelby cars faster/better?

In general the Shelby's are are a bit faster, however I would not say one is truly better than the other. My description of Shelby as the "Top Dog" is based on some generalizations and opinions that the Shelby is a more collectible car. However I am sure on any given day at auction a rare saleen will sell higher than a Shelby and the next the Shelby will go for more than the Saleen. Shelby has the history behind the name which is what draws so many people to it. Shelby started making replica's of the original Cobra and because they are made by Shelby they still sell at unbelievable prices at auction.
Old 01-17-2014, 02:38 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
W204
Originally Posted by instantfob
My 1st gen ML320 was a real AMG .... American Made Garbage that is.
That made my day, awesome...
Old 01-25-2014, 07:24 PM

C55 / S550 / Lexus IS300 (sold) / C63 (Sold) / SL500 (Sold) / Lambo Gallardo (RIP)
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by squareman
Just asking a question. Would mercedes owners consider AMG to be the equivalent of what Shelby is to Mustang? This has always been my understanding, although Shelby is still independantly owned, it is definately a car that can be ordered from the dealer. My point being to Mustang owners Shelby is the top dog so to speak and as a result some take special offense to those who just put shelby badges on thier cars. I do get this and personally think it is a bit childish to badge you car as something that it is not. However, with that being said, Shelby as a company will sell you ALMOST anyting you want to make your car look like a shelby, even the outside lettering. And to take it a step further Shelby also sells just an appearance package that is actaully a certified Shelby but no performance add on at all. Is it completely out of the realm of possibillity that in other countries AMG would do the same thing. And yes I know a Benz is a whole different animal from a Mustang, but i am just discussing the badging process.
In a sense I think it's like comparing GT to Shelby to Cobra since there is now not only AMG but it's AMG, AMG S, Edition 507, and AMG Black series.

And also why is everyone arguing? AMG cars only come badged from the factory. Maybe some AMG factories put their AMG badge on regular Benz? Oh WAIT, There is only ONE AMG FACTORY! Which means the OP's "AMG" can't be real since AMGs only cone from 1 city in the whole word, irregardless of the market being American or Asian. (Although the AMG SUV's come from USA)

So maybe in Taiwan the MB factory(not an AMG factory) produces MB cars and the dealers add the badge, but a REAL AMG CARS can only come from 1 factory in the whole world, just like AMG SUV's come from one factory in the world.

If you really believe your car came from the factory with the AMG badge, why not register it on the AMG private lounge? If your country labels it a AMG from the factory, the AMG Private Lounge will honor it and allow you in if AMG approved it. Try and log on and enter your VIN and see what it tells you.
Old 01-26-2014, 12:25 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2012 E350
Originally Posted by Arab_Homie
In a sense I think it's like comparing GT to Shelby to Cobra since there is now not only AMG but it's AMG, AMG S, Edition 507, and AMG Black series.

And also why is everyone arguing? AMG cars only come badged from the factory. Maybe some AMG factories put their AMG badge on regular Benz? Oh WAIT, There is only ONE AMG FACTORY! Which means the OP's "AMG" can't be real since AMGs only cone from 1 city in the whole word, irregardless of the market being American or Asian. (Although the AMG SUV's come from USA)

So maybe in Taiwan the MB factory(not an AMG factory) produces MB cars and the dealers add the badge, but a REAL AMG CARS can only come from 1 factory in the whole world, just like AMG SUV's come from one factory in the world.

If you really believe your car came from the factory with the AMG badge, why not register it on the AMG private lounge? If your country labels it a AMG from the factory, the AMG Private Lounge will honor it and allow you in if AMG approved it. Try and log on and enter your VIN and see what it tells you.
So.. why does it stop normal mb factories like the one in Beijing, China from putting on AMG badges?

I think that the whole point of OP's argument is that they just simply put the AMG badge on AMG "Style" cars in some markets in the world... I don't think OP meant that its an actual AMG car. FFS... its only a badge... This is getting old and it is both hilarious and hard to believe that grown men can make such a big deal over three letters of the alphabet.
Old 01-26-2014, 01:05 AM

2014 E550
Originally Posted by alanme123
So.. it is both hilarious and hard to believe that grown men can make such a big deal over three letters of the alphabet.
Agreed its beyond stupid
Old 01-26-2014, 11:58 AM

The key might be the definition of "they". Any footage of non-AMG cars leaving a factory with the badge? From what I recal, the Beijing factory only makes LWB E, C, and GLK (and also distributes some directly to corrupt officials and politicos, nice). I can believe it from dealers or distributors, I'd even be certain some even in Europe or NA have tried it - I remember back in the day seeing A LOT of C208 sport package cars with AMG badges, in USA and Canada.

The OP must be counted in that "making a big deal", too, and the somewhat funny "email" posted (still curious about that "AMG interior", and the difference between "AMG looks" and "AMG packages" etc). The big deal is screaming truth about something that isn't documented. Or maybe Taiwan gets its MBs from China. FFS, indeed.

Originally Posted by alanme123
So.. why does it stop normal mb factories like the one in Beijing, China from putting on AMG badges?

I think that the whole point of OP's argument is that they just simply put the AMG badge on AMG "Style" cars in some markets in the world... I don't think OP meant that its an actual AMG car. FFS... its only a badge... This is getting old and it is both hilarious and hard to believe that grown men can make such a big deal over three letters of the alphabet.
Old 01-26-2014, 12:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 169 Likes on 134 Posts
W140 Mercedes S350, W221 S550 sport
Supposedly, the first year w221 s class with amg sport package had an "amg" emblem. For one year.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got one in my driveway. AMG wheels, no AMG badge, just a "boring" E 350.
Old 01-27-2014, 11:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
This thread is hilarious and sad all at once. No engine, no badge. MB does not put vehicles out from the factory with AMG on it except for real AMG's. Yes it is old, tired, and silly, but the OP was the one posting up this "email from MB" which started up and old and worn out hag of a topic. Let's kill this thread already.

Sure, we all can do what we want with our cars, you can drive with your feet or have your girl to drive with her buns. It doesn't make it a good idea though. IJS.

Enjoy your cars, have fun.
Old 01-27-2014, 06:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 442 Likes on 306 Posts
19 E63s(wifeys) & a 21 GLE580
I like jelly beans!

Can I have the badges that everyone is taking off?
Old 01-27-2014, 07:49 PM

SL65
Originally Posted by ced357
Bottom line, If the car is not an AMG it should never have the AMG badge on it, period. Regardless of an AMG package etc. Badging non-AMG's with the badge water downs the brand and aids in AMG loosing its true identity. Its false over saturation. I honestly can't fathom why someone would want to put an AMG badge on a regular mercedes in the first place
I totally agree however i will dispatch all fake AMGs with my gas peddle
Old 01-28-2014, 07:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 E300 AMG
i have an AMG package and mine came with the badge.. Hell i wouldn't have accepted the car without the badging
Old 01-28-2014, 07:48 AM

SL65
I have a really really good solution to this problem, If you feel your car is indeed a AMG head over to the Private Lounge and register yourself and your car, you will need to enter your cars vin number, AMG will decide who is what.

Do not get me wrong i don't care either way i think this post is what it is but this is a good way for those that care to know if they have a real AMG.

I dont recall ever seeing E350 over there i could be wrong i think its E55 i could be wrong.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:08 AM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by Fastnine
I have a really really good solution to this problem, If you feel your car is indeed a AMG head over to the Private Lounge and register yourself and your car, you will need to enter your cars vin number, AMG will decide who is what.

Do not get me wrong i don't care either way i think this post is what it is but this is a good way for those that care to know if they have a real AMG.

I dont recall ever seeing E350 over there i could be wrong i think its E55 i could be wrong.
lol, yeah you guys go to the private lounge with the other AMG owners........don't forget the VIN number of the car
Old 01-28-2014, 01:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by Fastnine

In a nutshell.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ///AMG sport package does get AMG badge FROM the factory, says Daimler AG.