E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Need advise running dash-cam wires.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 09:28 PM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
2024 E350 W214, 2007 Dodge Durango Limited, 2005 Honda VTX 1300s, 2020 Honda Gold Wing DCT Tour
Need advise running dash-cam wires.

I am planning on installing a dual channel dash cam (BlackVue DR650GW-2CH) and was planning on running the rear video feed under the headliner. Looking at the headliner it seems very tight with no gaps and it appears that I may have to remove the headliner at least partially to run this line. Has anyone ever ran a wire from front to back under the headliner? Anything I should be watching out for? I have the pano roof. I would appreciate any advice or a suggested alternate route.

In addition, I will be running a power line down the a-pillar but I am a little concerned about the air-bag there. Anyone have experience removing the trim on the a-pillar to run a line down it? I'm contemplating running the rear video feed down the a-pillar along with the power and then routing it along the door trim on the floor to the rear. Would this be a better route than the headliner?
Old 08-20-2014, 05:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 294 Likes on 223 Posts
E 300 AMG-Line diesel-Hybrid - 2021
I have the 550 which is basically the same. shoved the wires under the headliner with a credit card. then on the sides I "cut across" the pillars (so you do see the wires here) & continued by putting it under the top rubbers. in the back it comes down again to go into the trunk, underneath the cover(which covers the tire) & then goes to the tail light, where I hooked it up). the wire for the rear camera continues along the roof& in the back is again shoved under the headliner. I also have a pano roof. can post pics case need. hope this helps