2014 E350 Ipod holder?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2014, 02:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c350
2014 E350 Ipod holder?

Hey guys,
just got my E350 and love it. One minor issue is the center console: My ipod floats around on the cable. It's not so bad with the console empty, but I would prefer a more stable solution that keeps my ipod out of the way from whatever ends up in my center console. Anyone have this issue and work something out?
Old 08-23-2014, 11:53 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
1990 500sl
Originally Posted by dandlewood
Hey guys,
just got my E350 and love it. One minor issue is the center console: My ipod floats around on the cable. It's not so bad with the console empty, but I would prefer a more stable solution that keeps my ipod out of the way from whatever ends up in my center console. Anyone have this issue and work something out?
My 2011 has the ipod cable in the glove box, and I use a dedicated ipod in the car, but I didn't want it floating, so I used a piece of industrial velcro to hold it to the shelf in there. I am sure you could use something similar in the center console. My w204 has the usb stick in the console, but no ipod. If you dont mind a piece of velcro on the back of your ipod, it's a great solution, and can be removed when it's time to part ways with the car.

Otherwise I guess some sort of universal holder type scenario should work.

Take care,

George
Old 08-24-2014, 01:11 AM

c350
Originally Posted by dirtyguido
My 2011 has the ipod cable in the glove box, and I use a dedicated ipod in the car, but I didn't want it floating, so I used a piece of industrial velcro to hold it to the shelf in there. I am sure you could use something similar in the center console. My w204 has the usb stick in the console, but no ipod. If you dont mind a piece of velcro on the back of your ipod, it's a great solution, and can be removed when it's time to part ways with the car.

Take care,

George
Great idea, thanks. I'll give it a try.
Old 08-25-2014, 12:18 AM

c350
Originally Posted by dirtyguido

Take care,

George

Used a couple COMMAND strips and it totally did the trick.