E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Motor mounts

Old 09-30-2014, 06:20 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
w212
Motor mounts

Does anyone know the correct part number for motor mounts on 2010 E350 4Matic? I tried to order some but I think they are different for RWD and 4Matic because the seller told me they won't fit. The ones in the picture didn't really look like the ones on my car, so it makes sense. Part # 212 240 07 17 was what I could find so far.

I replaced my trans mount but it didn't help much with the vibrations so I'm looking at motor mounts next. If anyone has advice it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-30-2014, 11:15 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,414 Likes on 3,144 Posts
'71 Pinto
EPC shows L&R 2122400717
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
part.pdf (78.5 KB, 217 views)
Old 10-13-2014, 12:45 AM

w212
Originally Posted by konigstiger
EPC shows L&R 2122400717
Thanks, I got the parts and plan to do the replacement tomorrow. The mounts have a cover on top so it's hard to see any signs of leaking. I hope this will work, the vibration at idle has been getting worse lately.
Old 10-13-2014, 11:47 AM

w212
So we got the car up on the lift and checked it out. The wheels and tires looked decent and one might be just the slightest bit out of round. They looked OK though. Also the rear brake rotors should probably be replaced, it could be that's causing the high speed vibration. The motor mounts looked OK too but it's hard to tell if they're leaking because they are covered over the top with some rubber like piece.

We noticed right away that the engine looked like it was sagging on the right side of the car. But when revving the engine the left side lifted more like it was a clockwise torque that wasn't being reacted enough. In reverse it was the opposite. I also noticed a lot of vibration of the motor when in idle in d and r especially with the ac running. Belts and pulleys looked ok, maybe a tensioner is the issue, but I really think it's the mounts. I'll post an update once the new ones are in. It seems like a long shot since the car only has 48k on it, but based on some other stories here I can't rule it out.
Old 10-13-2014, 07:29 PM

w212
Both mounts were collapsed. The car feels much better now at idle. Haven't driven on highway yet. Wish my dealer would've found this when I first brought it in under warranty. Not only did I have to discover it myself, I am now out of warranty and came out of pocket to do the repair. Thanks to the forums, huge help in so many ways. Never would have found this issue without using the search function here.