E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

A/C not cooling

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 12:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 e550
A/C not cooling

I have a '11 E550, for the last couple of weeks the A/C has started to not cool, everything seems to be working fine no warning lights but hot or ambient temperature comes out of the vents, I have tried turning of, changing settings (all) but nothing seems to work except turn the car off and start again, once I do that it normally starts and cools perfect....for now!
Has anyone experienced this before, if so, what was it? I am guessing either the clutch or a pressure sensor but I am no A/C expert.
Old 10-21-2014, 04:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 837 Likes on 606 Posts
2010 E550, 273 Engine: 2012 S550, 278 Engine
Originally Posted by rcastells
I have a '11 E550, for the last couple of weeks the A/C has started to not cool, everything seems to be working fine no warning lights but hot or ambient temperature comes out of the vents, I have tried turning of, changing settings (all) but nothing seems to work except turn the car off and start again, once I do that it normally starts and cools perfect....for now!
Has anyone experienced this before, if so, what was it? I am guessing either the clutch or a pressure sensor but I am no A/C expert.

I had this happen once this summer where only very hot air came out from the vents. I revved the engine up and it started blowing cool. I checked the charge and it was fine.

Luckily had an oil change service setup a week later so I told my SA to check on this. He said they found a bad sensor. Where this sensor was I don't know and did not ask. Have not had any problem since.
Old 10-21-2014, 07:51 PM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
'03 A4 2.0 Stroker, '14 E63 S AMG, '10 E550, '10 S550, '03 C240
Originally Posted by Arrie
I had this happen once this summer where only very hot air came out from the vents. I revved the engine up and it started blowing cool. I checked the charge and it was fine.

Luckily had an oil change service setup a week later so I told my SA to check on this. He said they found a bad sensor. Where this sensor was I don't know and did not ask. Have not had any problem since.
I have this EXACT EXACT issue. Thanks for the heads up I will be sure to mention this to my service tech.