E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Moving up from a 98 C230, 2010 E350 Sport

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 12:43 PM

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts
2010 E350, Sold 1998 C230
Moving up from a 98 C230, 2010 E350 Sport

Finally made the move after a new job change. Picked up a 2010 E350 with about 29k miles a week ago from a local dealer after a weekend extended test drive. Really in love with this car after driving/fixing my 230 for about two years. Has the P1 package and a very nice two tone interior which I find very striking.

Before I picked up the car, I had them flush the transmission and replace an upper radiator hose. When I test drove the car, I noticed that it had mismatched tires, contiprocontacts in the rear and bridgestones in the front. They had just mounted the conti's this month before they put the car up for sale, so I told them I wanted matched tires all around and they put conti's up front as well. I also told them I wanted them to flash the command system up to the current level, but don't really know if that was done or not. Bluetooth streaming does work if that is any indication.

I test drove a C250 prior to this car and honestly found it cramped and too noisy. It also had some noticeable turbo lag and did not have backup camera or nav. I ended up paying about the same for the E350 as I would have for the C250 or a new Mazda 6 which was also on the short list. I think I ended up with much more car than either of those choices. Currently no warranty on it except for power train and the dealers limited 1500 mile/30 day. I can shop for aftermarket or just hold my breath and hope she behaves. Here are some pics from last week when I had her on the extended test drive.

[/QUOTE]

BTW, I was also of the opinion that it could be any color except white or black since they are so hard to keep clean and frankly everybody seems to go with those two. Blue would have been my favorite, but I'm more than happy with the silver, its not too much different than my old c230.