The 2017 E-Class is Going to Be Super Luxurious

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 01:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'15 E350 4M Sport
Originally Posted by Benzinini
Still don't quite understand what all the fuss about the seats are. I read all the complaints on the thread dedicated to this very topic before switching from my 2010 to the 2014 E and was concerned. However after making numerous 3 hour + trips , I can say there is no difference in the seat comfort levels between the two, keeping in mind I am a lanky 6'5. I truly think *** size might have a lot to do with the differences in opinion here.... We really are spoiled on this forum, took a drive this past weekend in a friend's brand new Honda Accord and it just made me appreciate more what an engineering marvel the E class is!
No real fuss (from me anyway). At first I thought the seat was a bit stiff, on the left side, under my outer/upper thigh area. Looking at the bottom cushion more closely, I could see the related area which does not have the most padding and is closer to the plastic/frame of the seat. After a somewhat longer drive (1.5 hr one way) than my work commute, I did not find the seat to be really uncomfortable, but I think they could have made it more comfortable (e.g. like the ML350 I had as a loaner about two weeks ago). I'm 5'9" and 173 but maybe my *** is more boney than others with a more padded bottom that has the extra cushioning on top of the seat
Old 12-18-2014, 08:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 ML 550, CLK63 AMG, 2012 E350 4MATIC
Originally Posted by MBNUT1
Right there with you brother.
I think my wife's E350 is just about perfect, I find the ride quality is superb, the cabin is very quiet, very spacious and comfortable for a midsized car. She's making noise about a bigger car, an S class or an S8(I'd choose a CLS550 myself).
She's actually seeming pretty vain, she's not happy that the design is identical to the C class, and the popularity of E's in our area.
Old 12-18-2014, 04:37 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Vain or not, who wants to spend $100+K and have a literally identical model with different dimensions running around at $300 a month? I can understand it. I think all 3 of the big volume German makes need to start separating their expensive cars from their volume ones now that they're all becoming so sans exclusivity and high volume in brand.

Otherwise, you win way more by just getting the lower priced, identically designed version, hence how the brands are becoming more volume centric.
Old 12-18-2014, 04:43 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,885 Likes on 1,322 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Originally Posted by K-A
Vain or not, who wants to spend $100+K and have a literally identical model with different dimensions running around at $300 a month? I can understand it. I think all 3 of the big volume German makes need to start separating their expensive cars from their volume ones now that they're all becoming so sans exclusivity and high volume in brand.

Otherwise, you win way more by just getting the lower priced, identically designed version, hence how the brands are becoming more volume centric.
Totally agreed. The front end of the amg's are basically identical moving forward
Old 03-14-2015, 05:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 Mercedes-Benz E350 Wagon (Sport)
Originally Posted by noka
No real fuss (from me anyway). At first I thought the seat was a bit stiff, on the left side, under my outer/upper thigh area. Looking at the bottom cushion more closely, I could see the related area which does not have the most padding and is closer to the plastic/frame of the seat. After a somewhat longer drive (1.5 hr one way) than my work commute, I did not find the seat to be really uncomfortable, but I think they could have made it more comfortable (e.g. like the ML350 I had as a loaner about two weeks ago). I'm 5'9" and 173 but maybe my *** is more boney than others with a more padded bottom that has the extra cushioning on top of the seat
I just graduated to the 2011 E350 Wagon from a 2013 VW Passat TDI with leatherette, and it was like a prison bed compared to the Merc. I guess the Germans thought that our fat American a$$es were cushion enough. The Europeans got the nicer seats and the nicer Passat.