E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Sun Visor Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 10:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 C250
Go to the service advisor again and ask him to take a look together on any other cars on showroom They're just lazy to get a simple thing like that fixed.
Old 03-24-2015, 08:02 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 Mercedes-Benz E350 (luxury)
You should go all "Andy Dufresne" on them.

Originally Posted by thefisch
I didn't care for how the MBUSA rep handled my issue so I wrote a letter to the CEO and sent it certified. After they got the letter, the same exact rep called me to say they got my letter and gave me the same blow off, terse response he did before. Would have respected them to at least have someone else blow me off in a nicer way.
When I write customer service letters, the CEO is one contact, the VP of Customer Experience or Service, is another that I call directly and then send a handwritten note. I never give up and treat it like a personal challenge (as opposed to the P.I.T.A. that it is). Not sure if you can post to it, but put it directly on the MBUSA Facebook page and include your video (which is really great btw). Above all, keep your cool as you have and stick to the facts. Name the customer service agents that you've spoken with and detail your experience with them (facts only).
Old 03-24-2015, 01:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts
E 350
It seems public naming and shaming is the only reasonable option left. Name everyone including the dealer, service manager, the persons you spoke at MBUSA. This is disgusting.

Last edited by pamiboy; 03-24-2015 at 07:33 PM.
Old 03-24-2015, 03:44 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 E320 Bluetec (until 11/14), 2001 SLK 320, 2004 Volvo V70, 1972 MGB, 2013 E350
I don't think that I would have made this big a deal over this. It would appear that a new bracket for the sun visor (which is likely the culprit) cost 5 bucks and a complete visor is only $248. Life is too short too sweat the small stuff. Just my opinion, but everyone has the way they want to roll.
Old 03-24-2015, 03:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts
2010 E550 4M P2 Distronic, CLK550 Cab P2
Originally Posted by pamiboy
It seems public naming and shaming is the only reasonable option left. Name everyone including the dealer, service manager, the persons you spoke at MBUA. This is disgusting.
You really think this is the best approach, and that this is really disgusting? Come on...Have no idea how the OP originally approached this with his SA, as I was not there for that all important initial exchange and discussion, and how that went..all I have are his posts..... on 2 sites and video. Has the OP gone to another dealer and had them look at it as suggested? Seems the next logical step. Find a 14 on their lot, and check the visors. Is this the same dealer he dealt with on the 2011 C300 lemon that MB took back? Possible track record complete with a another long series of videos?
You catch more flies with honey if you get my drift....but I do wish him luck
Old 03-24-2015, 07:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts
E 350
You're right , I think we all suggested going to another dealer first. Don't know whether it has happened or not. Yes, the proper body language while requesting help makes a world of difference.
Old 03-26-2015, 11:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 e320 sedan
Originally Posted by nigellin
No both Sun Visors don't work. There was one 2015 E400 in the my dealer's showroom. It has exact the same sun visors as mine. Both of them on that car seemed to work properly. From sales, they said there is no change between 2014 and 2015 E class. From the bad service advisor, he said the year is different. I said these should be the same part number. His attitude was that he wanted to get away from it by just keep saying it's normal.
I believe there is a design flaw in this new model of sun visor. The sun visors that my car has came with small inner sun visor. Anyway, I am still working on it. I checked with my sales. He said he will help. I will let you know how it turns out.
I just want to bring this to everyone's attention. Sometimes, these car vendors or dealers try to get away of being responsible for what they should have paid attention to "QUALITY". As a customer, I don't think we should be the victim. I want warn people to go back and check before their cars are out of warranty so dealers can make money out from us for something clearly is a defect.

Just entered this post. bought a used 2004 e320 about a month ago and low and behold I have the identical sunvisor problem with both of mine. They dont firm up to the roof line and are also very difficult to move. obviously the internal mechanism that controls their movement is malfunctioning and should be addressed properly by MB. Especially for you newer vehicle owners. I guess I'll just have to live with mine since I'm long out of warranty.
Old 04-01-2015, 02:24 AM

2007 LEXUS ES/2011 C300 (LEMON CAR - BOUGHT BACK BY MBUSA)/2012 C350 SPORT
Thank you for everyone's feedback. I am not giving this up. I am still working with my current dealer to see if I can get this resolved. I did go to different dealer; however, I didn't do the service part. I just chat with a sales guy there. He told me 2014 and 2015 E class are exactly the same. They uses the same parts.
The service rep who does not want to do the repair. He was never be able to find a same 2014 E model to compare. Even I showed him that 2015 E has no problem. He excuse was that's different. From what I can tell, it's all lie from that rep.
I will give an update once I have the firm resolution so others might be benefited from it.
Old 04-06-2015, 08:30 PM

2013 E350 SPORT
My newly purchased 2013 E350 doesnt seem to have this problem, although I do need to push it gingerly to have it stay up.
Old 05-15-2015, 11:34 PM

2007 LEXUS ES/2011 C300 (LEMON CAR - BOUGHT BACK BY MBUSA)/2012 C350 SPORT
Want to give everyone an update. My sun visor issue has been resolved. After replaced with two new sun visors, the new sun visors are able to retract themselves. As I knew by heart, it's the quality issue with the sun visors for E350. I think the retract mechanism of the sun visors just degraded overtime. It's clear a quality issue.
Old 05-18-2015, 10:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 834 Likes on 603 Posts
2010 E550, 273 Engine: 2012 S550, 278 Engine
Originally Posted by nigellin
Want to give everyone an update. My sun visor issue has been resolved. After replaced with two new sun visors, the new sun visors are able to retract themselves. As I knew by heart, it's the quality issue with the sun visors for E350. I think the retract mechanism of the sun visors just degraded overtime. It's clear a quality issue.

You should go to the service rep that refused to do the work and rub it in his face. Then go to his boss and rub it in his face and lastly do a written complaint to MBUSA about this whole deal.

The bad dealer tried to cheat you from a warranty repair MBUSA, or the Daimler in Germany, has promised with the car warranty. This warranty repair carries a price tag and as it is a MB vehicle the cost of this repair is way beyond $100, which in some states is the limit for a felony offence.

This case is so trivial that I would really take it seriously to the bad dealer service and let them know that they are close to get in legal nightmare over this. I would not really do it but I would tell them I'm thinking of it.

What low crawling pieces of s..t are these people. They ruin the whole brand name of MB jerking people around like this.
Old 05-18-2015, 12:50 PM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
2015 E400
Great job & great video, OP