E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Would this be covered under warranty?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 02:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 e350
Would this be covered under warranty?

Hi guys, i just wanted to know if anyone has had this part covered under warranty. On the drivers seat, the plastic piece on the bottom on the side next to the door with the lumbar support control. Mine has popped out of place and the piece that holds it in place is noticeably broken, im guessing because im a big guy, 240 pounds, me getting in and out of the car may have put stress on it because i do sit with my seat very low and definitely put stress on the side of the seat while getting out. Would this part be covered under the new car warranty? Thanks.
Old 03-29-2015, 02:28 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,886 Likes on 1,323 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
I can see some dealers fixing it and others not. If you have done all your service at one dealer I don't see how they would not. Also do not discuss any idea of you and your weight causing this with the service representative.

Good luck
Old 03-29-2015, 04:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 143 Likes on 102 Posts
2010 E350 Luxury Sedan, Engine 272 (V6)
Warranty should cover it

Originally Posted by mikeyle
Hi guys, i just wanted to know if anyone has had this part covered under warranty. On the drivers seat, the plastic piece on the bottom on the side next to the door with the lumbar support control. Mine has popped out of place and the piece that holds it in place is noticeably broken, im guessing because im a big guy, 240 pounds, me getting in and out of the car may have put stress on it because i do sit with my seat very low and definitely put stress on the side of the seat while getting out. Would this part be covered under the new car warranty? Thanks.
240 lbs.? That's a light weight by today's American standards. Would definitely make MB pay for it. Car should be designed to carry 350+ lb. person with seat set at any angle or level. Cheapest American and Asian cars do.
Old 03-29-2015, 05:01 PM

Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts
2011 E550
Originally Posted by mikeyle
My uncle had a similar issue, but instead of popping out there as a decent sized crack in the piece. He took it in and it was replaced under the new car warranty.
Old 03-29-2015, 05:39 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2010 E63 AMG
Should be covered. Why not?
Old 03-29-2015, 08:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 195 Likes on 171 Posts
2010 e550 p2
Just tell them one morning you open the car and noticed it , dont have any idea how that could happen . Maybe defective part or smth lol
..but as long as the damaged part don't look like you could actually break it yourself , you know what I mean.
But it should be covered