how long does comand stay on for you

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 09:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 384 Likes on 314 Posts
2011 E550 P2 4M Sedan
how long does comand stay on for you

Occasionally, I like to listen to the radio while waiting in the car for family members to return. In my past cars, this was simply accomplished by leaving the key in the ignition turned to position I (accessory mode).

Without the engine running in retained power mode (after turning off engine but before opening driver door), I've noticed that comand only stays on about 5-6 minutes for me before shutting down. It displays a warning that it is shutting down and no pressing of buttons/turning of knobs changes this. Has anyone been able to keep theirs on longer?

What I end up doing is opening my door and then closing it again. Then without pressing the start button (i.e. not in accessory mode), I can turn comand back on just by hitting on and it will stay on as long as I need (to the detriment of my battery unfortunately).

I find it strange that the system regulates the length of time comand stays on after shutting off the car but there appears to be no regulation when the car is off. I can get in the car at any time (without my key even) and turn on comand just by pressing the on button and it will stay on. Mind you I haven't' done this for longer than 15 minutes.

Is there some German logic here I am missing?