E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

2010 e350

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2015, 12:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E-Class
Smile 2010 e350

Hey guys, new to the forum here and I'm excited to say I'm picking up my new (used) 2010 e350 4matic this Thursday from the Benz Dealer.
It's calcite white and black interior, fully loaded.

Just had a few quick questions as I want to personalize my new car.

-Seeing as its a 2010, the factory warranty ran out and they offered a 2 year warranty, do you think it'd be wise to get this warranty? I'm guessing if I get the warranty, I'd have to maintain the car at the dealership so it isin't voided.

Now to the fun stuff, I'm looking to do some very brief mods on this car.
I will 100% be getting tints on the vehicle.
I was wondering what rims would look best on a white e class? Possibly looking at replica amg rims (can't drop $5000 on OEM's sorry) Are replicas worth it?
I would think black or a dark grey finish in the rims would like best with the white body and black tints/roof

So..what would your suggestions be on some good rims that would fit the e-class.

I'm also hoping to hear any kind of smaller mods that would give my car that nice touch. I'm open to ideas but please keep in mind I'm 22 and I cannot be spending 10g's on rims/exhaust/chips lol..

Anyways, I'm here to pretty much introduce myself and open to hear all your suggestions.
I would post pictures but I need to wait till this Thursday.
Old 04-06-2015, 01:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 74 Likes on 67 Posts
C300 Sport 4Matic
Originally Posted by Classy_9
Hey guys, new to the forum here and I'm excited to say I'm picking up my new (used) 2010 e350 4matic this Thursday from the Benz Dealer.
It's calcite white and black interior, fully loaded.

Just had a few quick questions as I want to personalize my new car.

-Seeing as its a 2010, the factory warranty ran out and they offered a 2 year warranty, do you think it'd be wise to get this warranty? I'm guessing if I get the warranty, I'd have to maintain the car at the dealership so it isin't voided.

Now to the fun stuff, I'm looking to do some very brief mods on this car.
I will 100% be getting tints on the vehicle.
I was wondering what rims would look best on a white e class? Possibly looking at replica amg rims (can't drop $5000 on OEM's sorry) Are replicas worth it?
I would think black or a dark grey finish in the rims would like best with the white body and black tints/roof

So..what would your suggestions be on some good rims that would fit the e-class.

I'm also hoping to hear any kind of smaller mods that would give my car that nice touch. I'm open to ideas but please keep in mind I'm 22 and I cannot be spending 10g's on rims/exhaust/chips lol..

Anyways, I'm here to pretty much introduce myself and open to hear all your suggestions.
I would post pictures but I need to wait till this Thursday.
Welcome and congrats on the new ride!! just a few things..

1. You better get that warranty!!! These cars are so adavanced and full of sensors and things that can break down you better be covered if it ever happens.
2. You can go to any benz dealer for warranty service or repairs, not just the one you're buying from.
3. Power Wheels Pro has some of the best replicas out there for a great price!!
4. Since you got a white E, I suggest you go to my profile for some ideas on mods and stuff....plenty of pics!
5. Damn.. must be nice getting an E class at 22. I was 24 when I got my 09 c300 haha. I just got my 2012 E350 when I turned 28 this past January lol
Old 04-06-2015, 01:55 PM

2010 E-Class
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by MBSebas87

1. You better get that warranty!!! These cars are so adavanced and full of sensors and things that can break down you better be covered if it ever happens.
2. You can go to any benz dealer for warranty service or repairs, not just the one you're buying from.
4. Since you got a white E, I suggest you go to my profile for some ideas on mods and stuff....plenty of pics!
5. Damn.. must be nice getting an E class at 22. I was 24 when I got my 09 c300 haha. I just got my 2012 E350 when I turned 28 this past January lol
Thanks for all the tips!!!

I will make sure to check out Power Wheels.
Oh btw you're car looks clean man, very well done!
Old 04-06-2015, 01:57 PM

2010 E-Class

Oh..ps I would have started with a nice 2012 c300 as my first benz too but I'm 6'7 and I need me room in the car lol decided to go with the e-class, even though its a lot more but I love this car and I'm too excited for this Thursday!
Old 04-07-2015, 11:24 AM

2010 E350 Sedan, 2010 Prius II
I bought all weather mats on Amazon and love em.

Genuine Mercedes-Benz Q6680710 - Rubber Floor Mats W212 E250 E350 E400 E550 SEDAN & WAGON Black

Am I allowed to post links to items here?
Old 04-08-2015, 10:28 AM

2010 E-Class
Originally Posted by extremetm
I bought all weather mats on Amazon and love em.

Genuine Mercedes-Benz Q6680710 - Rubber Floor Mats W212 E250 E350 E400 E550 SEDAN & WAGON Black

Am I allowed to post links to items here?
Haha I was thinking a little more on the mods end instead of accessories that you're thinking
Old 04-08-2015, 11:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C300 Sport 4Matic
Thanks for all the tips!!!

I will make sure to check out Power Wheels.
Oh btw you're car looks clean man, very well done!
Thanks dude!! trying to keep it as clean as possible. Some of the mods I think you must do are debadging the trunk and sides, roof and trunk spoilers, tints, clear sidemarkers, and some good all season ultra high perfomance tires. The OEM contis are trash lol. Tires are prob the most noticable performance mod IMO. Also, if you didn't get the pano roof then you should def vinyl wrap it in black...huge difference in white cars. And as far as wheels go, really depends on what you have. My car came with 18" AMG wheels which I actually love so all I did was to plastidip em with anthracite grey. They look sick!!
Old 04-08-2015, 08:43 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
2010 E350, 2015 S550
Regarding window tinting. I would look at the ceramic technology. The metalic cut my radio reception down quite a bit. I have heard on this forum that the ceramic varieties are less prone to that. If I had to do it over I would go with ceramic.
Old 04-08-2015, 09:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
w212
Have the comand updated if it has not been done already. Maybe work this service into the purchase deal. The update should allow for BT Audio whereas BT only works with phone calls in the previous firmware. I'd like to touch on your CPO too... Get it! If something fails its worth every penny. Specially if your not an MB tech. I opted out of the CPO for some room on the purchase price only because Im a tech for MB. Even as a tech its not a bad idea because of parts cost. Also, getting your benz serviced at a benz dealer isn't suck a bad idea. You'll pay for it but you'll get what ya pay for- accurate diagnosis, genuine MB parts, and piece of mind as MB stands behind their work. The only thing that could void your CPO is if a independent repaired your car with aftermarket parts not certified by MB.. ie MB uses a flees filter. If your 272 starts to knock and they find a paper element in there i doubt there picking up the bill..
Other than that i think everyone touched up on the exterior eye candy. I personally just de-badged mine and it looks great. Detailer at my shop gave me a hand with the sticky tape and blending the clean spots. Came out great. Good luck with it- sweet ride for sure
Old 04-11-2015, 11:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C300 Sport 4Matic
so how's the new ride man??
Old 04-13-2015, 03:42 PM

2010 E-Class
so how's the new ride man??
I love it, wish I could just be driving in it all day and night haha it's such an upgrade from my previous car and I can't get enough of it! So clean.

I was wondering if the bluetooth can play music as well? I connected my phone no problem but not sure how to play music via bluetooth..hopefully you can because that 1 ft cable in the glove box does not do for me.

I'd be pretty disappointed in the music dept if there was no better option.
Old 04-13-2015, 03:59 PM

2010 E550 4Matic, P1, P2
I love it, wish I could just be driving in it all day and night haha it's such an upgrade from my previous car and I can't get enough of it! So clean.

I was wondering if the bluetooth can play music as well? I connected my phone no problem but not sure how to play music via bluetooth..hopefully you can because that 1 ft cable in the glove box does not do for me.

I've got a 2010 E550, the bluetooth audio works on my BlackBerry and my wifes Iphone. Go into the audio section and pick bluetooth audio, after a few seconds it should start playing.

Enjoy the ride!
Old 04-13-2015, 05:32 PM

2010 E-Class
Originally Posted by Sean1234
I've got a 2010 E550, the bluetooth audio works on my BlackBerry and my wifes Iphone. Go into the audio section and pick bluetooth audio, after a few seconds it should start playing.

Enjoy the ride!
Hmm do you think you can be a little more specific? Haha I tried but either I don't have it or I'm a dumby to this and I'd go with the second one lol so lost
Old 04-14-2015, 08:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C300 Sport 4Matic

Glad you're enjoying the ride!! make sure you post some pics!! As far the bluetooth, I'm pretty sure you can go to the engineering menu and enable that. There is a couple threads just on how to do it.
Old 04-14-2015, 11:48 AM

2010 E550 4Matic, P1, P2
Hmm do you think you can be a little more specific? Haha I tried but either I don't have it or I'm a dumby to this and I'd go with the second one lol so lost

Does the phone itself work over bluetooth? If not there are tons on how to pair on here and then the audio should just work.

PM me if you need more details.