E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

How to disable door chime

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2015, 09:08 AM

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts
2015 S550 4MATIC
My wife jokes that the Merc "sounds so polite". Compared to other cars, the tone of the chimes are pleasant.

Don't get me wrong... I would love to turn off the door and seat belt chimes.
Old 05-23-2015, 11:06 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 E350 Sport
Driving my car after reading/participating in this thread makes me realize even more how ridiculous this thread is. Lmao.
Old 05-23-2015, 05:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 E350
Wait..What? There is a chime ?? Damn. I raised three girls, I learned to "zone"out stuff.
Old 05-23-2015, 06:05 PM

2013 E350 Sport
Originally Posted by BavarianPride
Wait..What? There is a chime ?? Damn. I raised three girls, I learned to "zone"out stuff.
Lord knows they sure as hell know how to use selective hearing whenever convenient!
Old 05-25-2015, 01:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 Mercedes-Benz E350
Originally Posted by DJ Hellfire
Lord knows they sure as hell know how to use selective hearing whenever convenient!
It's funny how I never noticed that chime until I bumped into this thread.
And now that I noticed it, it kinda makes sense.
Old 05-25-2015, 03:04 PM

2013 E350 Sport
Originally Posted by whaddaiknow
It's funny how I never noticed that chime until I bumped into this thread.
And now that I noticed it, it kinda makes sense.
Don't worry, you'll forget about it tomorrow.

Last edited by DJ Hellfire; 05-25-2015 at 03:43 PM.
Old 05-25-2015, 10:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 134 Likes on 124 Posts
W204 C63 AMG, W212 E250 CGI, C207 E250 CGI
never realized how many cry babies we have here. on another thread, one guy was complaining his car has keyless go but wont close when he walks away instead he has to TOUCH the door handle to lock the doors. now this door chime. some people has too much time on their hands that they worry about everything. and some think that the world owes them everything that all has to be handed to them on a silver platter. TOUCH the door handle to lock, THAT'S ABSURD! chime in the door when openned. THAT'S MADNESS!
Old 05-25-2015, 10:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,615 Likes on 1,186 Posts
2014 E550-sold 😩
agree. The reasoning is that their other cars do this or that so the MB should also have the capability. These cars are some of the finest on the road and I buy them because they do more things right than any other brand I have owned. I have said before that the E Class is the Goldilocks car for me. It is a perfect fit and drives like a dream.
Old 05-26-2015, 09:49 AM

Received 73 Likes on 55 Posts
Mercedes Benz e450 Wagon / Porsche 911 Cabriolet
Originally Posted by DJ Hellfire
Driving my car after reading/participating in this thread makes me realize even more how ridiculous this thread is. Lmao.
Hey wise guy, why are you even wasting your time in this thread? Clearly stock is good enough for you.

For my part, I tinker with everything. And the chime sound, besides sounding like a computer tone from the 80s, is 'alarming'....as in when I first heard it I wondered if something was wrong. Now that I know it's just the key reminder, I get it. But I still think it's annoying.

Then again, I think you're annoying...participating in threads that you don't care about. Talk about searching for ways to annoy yourself...and at the same time not being helpful or courteous.
Old 05-26-2015, 10:15 AM

2013 E350 Sport
Originally Posted by nycebo
Hey wise guy, why are you even wasting your time in this thread? Clearly stock is good enough for you.

For my part, I tinker with everything. And the chime sound, besides sounding like a computer tone from the 80s, is 'alarming'....as in when I first heard it I wondered if something was wrong. Now that I know it's just the key reminder, I get it. But I still think it's annoying.

Then again, I think you're annoying...participating in threads that you don't care about. Talk about searching for ways to annoy yourself...and at the same time not being helpful or courteous.
Actually, no, I am a modder as well.

Secondly, as I mentioned before, this thread is NOT about you two little princesses wanting to mod your car. It's about you crying over a stupid door chime sound and pretending to be surprised that the door chime is not modifyable. You sound more ridiculous the more you try to twist it. I can't think of ANY car that lets you modify the door chime from the factory, yet you two sit here acting surprised that you can't do it in the EClass. You knew when you bought the car that you couldn't do it, so why are you ripping MB now for not being able to do it?

I don't care if you think I'm annoying. How old are you anyway?! The same way you two can tell MB how stupid they are for using such an annoying door chime, I can tell you how ridiculous you sound complaining about it. And you talk about me participating in threads I don't care about, I'm not the one that bought a car that has features that I don't care about. And how exactly would you like me to be "helpful"? You're just filing a complaint on a forum to people who can't do anything about a function that you know cannot be changed. I'll save my "courtesy" for the guys that are actually complaining about REAL issues or inquiring about REAL mods; not this Mickey Mouse bull**** you two are yapping about! Nothing personal. Just saying!

Last edited by DJ Hellfire; 05-26-2015 at 10:18 AM.
Old 05-26-2015, 10:56 AM

Received 73 Likes on 55 Posts
Mercedes Benz e450 Wagon / Porsche 911 Cabriolet
@DJhellfire, "princesses", "crying", "ridiculous", "Mickey Mouse", "bull****"? Man, you are class.

Some of us came in here to inquire if anyone knew how to disable or alter the sound? How the heck is that inane? If it's not possible, fine. But it's something we wondered about. You clearly have lots to "offer" on wheels, something that is beyond inane on an E class but you don't see me jumping on those threads.

Fortunately for me, I no longer have to deal with it; yup, I just added you to my "ignore list". Spew all the hate you want now. I'm sure it will help you with your hateful life.
Old 05-26-2015, 11:09 AM

2013 E350 Sport
Originally Posted by nycebo
@DJhellfire, "princesses", "crying", "ridiculous", "Mickey Mouse", "bull****"? Man, you are class.

Some of us came in here to inquire if anyone knew how to disable or alter the sound? How the heck is that inane? If it's not possible, fine. But it's something we wondered about. You clearly have lots to "offer" on wheels, something that is beyond inane on an E class but you don't see me jumping on those threads.

Fortunately for me, I no longer have to deal with it; yup, I just added you to my "ignore list". Spew all the hate you want now. I'm sure it will help you with your hateful life.
Yeah, because the OP's comment has so much "class"! It's one thing to want to mod the chime just because you want to do something cool. No big deal in that. But to actually be annoyed by the current chime and pissed at MB about it is crazy! Just saying!

Originally Posted by Das Rattlebox
There is little doubt that Mercedes-Benz is second only to Microsoft in forcing useless and annoying features on their customers.

For example, on my 2011 E350: I turn off the engine and open the door - it chimes once. Similarly, when opening the door from the outside - it chimes once. No idea why it does it but it is slowly getting on my nerves.

Anyone knows how to turn it off?

Last edited by DJ Hellfire; 05-26-2015 at 01:29 PM.
Old 05-26-2015, 09:40 PM

2013 E350 Sport
Originally Posted by beejaypunsalan
never realized how many cry babies we have here. on another thread, one guy was complaining his car has keyless go but wont close when he walks away instead he has to TOUCH the door handle to lock the doors. now this door chime. some people has too much time on their hands that they worry about everything. and some think that the world owes them everything that all has to be handed to them on a silver platter. TOUCH the door handle to lock, THAT'S ABSURD! chime in the door when openned. THAT'S MADNESS!

I mean seriously!!! Ok, let's say for one sec that this thread was actually about "modding" (and not complaining as some choose to not admit), who the hell mods the door chime??? Sure, it would be cool if you're trying to win the most useless mod award or something. Might as well go ahead and custom paint your gas cap while your at it!
Old 05-26-2015, 10:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I was still shaking my head when i was reading the thread about a guy complaining that he still has to touch the door handle to lock his car when i stumbled upon this thread. you know what they say, "whiners are wieners!"

"ME?!!! a MERCEDES OWNER is being asked to TOUCH my door handle to lock my car?!!! a CHIME every time a open my door?!!! that's too much!!!"
Old 05-26-2015, 10:10 PM

2013 E350 Sport
Originally Posted by beejaypunsalan

I was still shaking my head when i was reading the thread about a guy complaining that he still has to touch the door handle to lock his car when i stumbled upon this thread. you know what they say, "whiners are wieners!"

"ME?!!! a MERCEDES OWNER is being asked to TOUCH my door handle to lock my car?!!! a CHIME every time a open my door?!!! that's too much!!!"

Lmao. I didn't see that one. I'll look it up later.
Old 05-26-2015, 10:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...eyless-go.html

here you go mate, enjoy!
Old 05-29-2015, 08:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts
E 350
Too much of first world problems for sure. LOL.